TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

call me picky but the one thing i dont like is the red sign above the seat.i cant say the correct word because fluffy fluffy bunnies etc comes up instead. but anyways,the sign looks really bland and out of place compared to the other signs...

But can you now find the steel boxes for stowing your loose items? That is the sign's main function.

And call me picky, but TPR's Terms of Service also call for proper grammar, spelling, puctuation, and capitaliztion. Your post would be easier to read if, for example, you used proper capitalization.

^ What big red sign was he referring to?

Anyways, this ride looks great with all the theming. I can't wait till I get to ride it during the tour. I'm not sure why but every time I see photos of the coaster, I think about Expedition Everest. Thanks for the update.

call me picky but the one thing i dont like is the red sign above the seat.i cant say the correct word because fluffy fluffy bunnies etc comes up instead. but anyways,the sign looks really bland and out of place compared to the other signs...

You're picky.

The more I see of this, the more it seems to rock.

Though, if there was one complaint, I'm a bit disappointed on the bridge with the old BBW dive to the river as it would look infinitely cooler (at least IMO) if the bridge facade extended a few more sections out and made it look as if you're falling through a hole in it. Throw in some debris on the ground from where it collapsed and what not, and you've got some pretty easy theme elements + potential to up the intensity with head choppers and close calls.

Nobody's been trained on the coaster yet as far as I know so soft opening will not happen this week (unless they're training people on the ride right now).

Every time a new ride is built, "soft opening" rumors sprout like dandelions.

^The concept art implies that there's more to be done; then again, there's "concept" and there's "reality." Time will tell. I'd like to see them enclose the bridge a bit more.

^We'll see. There were guys working on the bridge last weekend, and a crane was still parked next to it. Maybe there's more material waiting to be hauled up.

I don't think they will add anything else to the bridge, at least not something like siding. The plans that were leaked of the bridge look just as the bridge does now. The only thing that I think still needs to be added is possibly a sign at the entrance of the bridge. Other than that, I think it is pretty much finished.

For some reason, I recall the bridge being engulfed in overgrown vines. Like they were trying to crush the whole bridge.

I don't recall anything like this in the concept art or plans, though it has been stated that the black forest has something to do with the collapse of the bridge in the 'story' of the ride. I think that would be an amazing touch to have either a mess of vines crawling around the structure or one massive one strangling it. Seeing what they've done with the station so far it's a possibility we might see something like this, but that's speculation on my part.

It's kind of hilarious that they're using B&M track on all the artwork. I know people have mentioned the absurdity of the inverted track on some of the other collateral, but even in the latest stuff it's B&M track. There was one concept painting of the bridge section that came out before the ride was announced officially that accurately portrays the track.