TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to get around the MAC track packager not working on Lion? I am very dissapointed that whenever I open it it says power PC applications are no longer supported. Any way around it?

Nope! I have the same problem. No one seems to care, either, because not enough people use NoLimits Mac.

The track packager is kind of stupid IMO. I'd much rather have a .zip file with all the 3DS and textures and move them myself much like I do with RCT3 custom content.

NoLimits can be run on Mac OS 10.3.9 or newer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, NL n00b here. Quick question. I've finished a general layout that I really like, but theres a part that needs some smoothing out and I was looking to add a segment in between two completed ones instead of having to modify one segment then change the rest of everything I built. Get what Im saying? Just wondering, is it possible to go back and put a new segment in there to fix it up, or do I have to go back and re-do the rest of the ride after that point?

Thanks

(and wow, its been a while since I've been on here. Im an RCT guy by trade )

No need to redo all of that. What you can do is A: Select that segment that you want to break up and hit 'y' to make one section into 2 or B: select any node and go to Editor>Set First. That'll make that segment the first so that you can go on from there using regular building methods. HOWEVER: You can't just splice a new segment in without affecting those around it.

Hey guys, NL n00b here. Quick question. I've finished a general layout that I really like, but theres a part that needs some smoothing out and I was looking to add a segment in between two completed ones instead of having to modify one segment then change the rest of everything I built. Get what Im saying? Just wondering, is it possible to go back and put a new segment in there to fix it up, or do I have to go back and re-do the rest of the ride after that point?

Thanks

(and wow, its been a while since I've been on here. Im an RCT guy by trade )

You can also save the 2nd half of the ride as an element, then delete it. Change what you want to change and insert the element again.

Is the car texture you are using actually IN the cartextures folder? Even if you select an image, say, on your desktop, it won't be rendered in NoLimits because it's not in the cartextures folder.

Also, your image has to be 512px by 512px, and it must be a .TGA or .PNG.

Ight, another question here for you No Limits vets. How to make a POV video? I downloaded a hypercam, and when Im recording, it only records the editor. When I open the simulator, none of the ride simulation is captured. Any idea how to fix this, or anyone know of a better program to make these POVs?

Press 0 on your calculator pad and NoLimits will start recording an AVI file, and press 0 again when you want it to stop recording. The AVI file will appear in your screenshots folder. You don't need HyperCam or any other crappy freeware to take video in the simulator.

If you don't have a calculator pad, you'll have to go into the controls settings of the simulator main menu to change "start/stop AVI export" to another key.

Edited by A.J.

The AVI file will appear in your screenshots folder.

It's kind of hard to pick out at first, because it has a similar name to the screenshots you take. But it ends up there.

I have a weird problem. I just finished my first Newton2/No Limits coaster and for some reason I cannot get the trains to come to a stop in the station. I have 4 total block sections with 3 trains, but when the trains hit the station, instead of coming to a stop they just roll on through to the lift. Any suggestions on what I have wrong? I checked the settings of the station and all seems correct, but maybe I am overlooking something.

I usually don't venture into this thread but I just got a new computer with Windows 7 on it. I just moved NL over to this machine as I plan on taking some video of some of my rides and putting videos together (Ok, I'm working on my CGA Flight Deck coaster). So I know that the screeenshots folder is where the photos and videos are supposed to go but whenever I take a screen or video, there are no files there. Is there a bug with Windows 7 or something or does W7 decide to stick it in some other unknown place? In the mean time, I'm going to do some digging to see what I can find.

Edit: Update:

I got it to work, had to run the sim in XP compatibility mode and sure enough, the screenshots were showing up. So now we know for future reference.

Make sure you change the permissions on your NoLimits folder by right-clicking it in its entirety and selecting Properties. Give yourself full control of the folder.

• 2 weeks later...

All right, Mac users - has anyone attempted to use a Windows bottle with a program like CrossOver to get Newton 2 running on Mac OS? I'm considering trying it out.

Yes, but even when you do that, the old files still live, buried in your drive, taking up space in a remote location.

All of those screenshots and videos that you thought you took and those tracks you thought you saved are found in Users -> Your Name -> AppData -> Local -> VirtualStore -> Program Files (x86) -> NoLimits Coasters. You may have to "show hidden files and folders" to locate the AppData folder, look it up on Google or something.

An application like DaisyDisk is a great way to locate those files taking up precious space on your hard drive.

Edited by A.J.

• 2 weeks later...
All right, Mac users - has anyone attempted to use a Windows bottle with a program like CrossOver to get Newton 2 running on Mac OS? I'm considering trying it out.

I've tried it several times, and it doesn't work. The first issue is that it's built off of the .NET framework, and CrossOver does NOT like it. The other issue is that CrossOver requires an installer package (setup.exe or autorun.exe) to work, not just a stand alone application like Newton2 is. However, it seems that using Mono in conjunction with Terminal might work, but I haven't really figured out how to use it yet

Yeah. I used WineBottler and got the application successfully installed, but as soon as it tries to launch I get the "Newton2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" warning. For some reason I can't get WineBottler to install a bottle as Windows XP, Vista or 7, as the error message says that the operating system is Windows NT.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently downloaded the Construction Kit and have been trying to register it in order to be able to save my rides as 3d files to import into 3ds Max. I enter the Username and Password given out be the developer to register it for free and after I hit okay it comes up with a message thanking me for registering. But I still do not have access to the save feature of the molder and under my registration recall its still says that the kit is unregistered. Anyone else have this problem or know what to do?