The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

Ask anyone anything about NL or NL2!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Ross the poltergeist

Re: The Official No Limits Help Thread

Postby rollerross45 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 am

tdub96 wrote:For some reason, everytime I take the video (press 0 to start, 0 to end) it never appears in my screenshots file, the folder is completely empty. Where else could it go?

click compatibility files

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Yes, but even when you do that, the old files still live, buried in your drive, taking up space in a remote location.

All of those screenshots and videos that you thought you took and those tracks you thought you saved are found in Users -> Your Name -> AppData -> Local -> VirtualStore -> Program Files (x86) -> NoLimits Coasters. You may have to "show hidden files and folders" to locate the AppData folder, look it up on Google or something.

An application like DaisyDisk is a great way to locate those files taking up precious space on your hard drive.
Last edited by A.J. on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:57 pm.
Check out my portfolio on Carbonmade! January 29 - new update!
I wrote the book about NoLimits. Check it out on Amazon!
Like the Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group on Facebook!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby imagineerz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:35 pm

A.J. wrote:All right, Mac users - has anyone attempted to use a Windows bottle with a program like CrossOver to get Newton 2 running on Mac OS? I'm considering trying it out.

I've tried it several times, and it doesn't work. The first issue is that it's built off of the .NET framework, and CrossOver does NOT like it. The other issue is that CrossOver requires an installer package (setup.exe or autorun.exe) to work, not just a stand alone application like Newton2 is. However, it seems that using Mono in conjunction with Terminal might work, but I haven't really figured out how to use it yet :?r

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:43 am

Yeah. I used WineBottler and got the application successfully installed, but as soon as it tries to launch I get the "Newton2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" warning. For some reason I can't get WineBottler to install a bottle as Windows XP, Vista or 7, as the error message says that the operating system is Windows NT.
Check out my portfolio on Carbonmade! January 29 - new update!
I wrote the book about NoLimits. Check it out on Amazon!
Like the Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group on Facebook!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Commando » Mon May 21, 2012 2:26 pm

I recently downloaded the Construction Kit and have been trying to register it in order to be able to save my rides as 3d files to import into 3ds Max. I enter the Username and Password given out be the developer to register it for free and after I hit okay it comes up with a message thanking me for registering. But I still do not have access to the save feature of the molder and under my registration recall its still says that the kit is unregistered. Anyone else have this problem or know what to do?

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Legoguy1395 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Hey guys, I am trying to recreate Diamond Back at Frontier city, but I have NO IDEA how to make the reverse launch, Really could use some help. Thanks! =)

Pubic hair eating champion of the world!

Location: Planet Earth...which I *think* is somewhere in the Universe

Postby mightbeawannabe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 pm

I don't believe you actually can. Most recreations you see of the Arrow shuttles on Youtube is through editing.

Perhaps the simplest way is to have the reverse track not actually reverse at all, but to have it at a slight incline, wherein it only the rear half is inclined but just enough to get it down from the platform. Then have invisible LIMs at the bottom of that drop to help it through the loop and the same for the rise to the station. Place them so that it won't have *much* (it's asking too much for them to have no effect) effect on the trip forward. Have the settings on the segments set so that there's no obvious change.

Tell me how this works-I'm not sure it'll be 100% perfect. The real issue with this design in NL is that the platform is flat and there's supposed to be a reverse launch. With a ride like Freeze this is little issue.
Hi. I'm a signature. You were looking for the guy right above me. Everyone thinks he's more important...sob...he says he's Postal or something like that.

People must really like their mail.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jdmi012 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Okay, I am missing a few of the crossties for the CK. Is there any way I can get all 10 or however many there are? This should eliminate my CK Primary Crosstie Error

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby imagineerz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 am

Legoguy1395 wrote:Hey guys, I am trying to recreate Diamond Back at Frontier city, but I have NO IDEA how to make the reverse launch, Really could use some help. Thanks! =)

So, the key with Arrow shuttles in NL is that your station is actually your reversing point. Thus, you have to built the ride in reverse, starting with the brake section as your origin, and the station as the end. For the reverse launch, you place a small piece of lift hill down after the station, then a transport section. Be sure to have the cable lift and release options checked.
Screen Shot 2012-06-08 at 9.40.55 AM.png
Viewed 515 times

Then, at the origin, use a brake segment and a launch. When placing the transport segment after the brake section, make sure that the train will not accelerate when it enters the transport section from the loop.
Screen Shot 2012-06-08 at 9.42.59 AM.png
Viewed 515 times

Again, this means that the brake segment is your actual station and the station segment is the reverse point.

Hope this helps!

Macaroni and Donkey

The number one biggest fault of No limits.

Postby Metrofan56 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:26 pm

On my RMC coaster I let the coaster go up the lift that is made of station segments to hide the ties. I E stop it while it is part way up the lift and the whole train rolls back into the station and stops. But when I release the E stop ALL of the lap bars fly up and the train completes the circuit as normal. The lift does not stop the train at all even with the lap bars up. So all the riders get ejected from the train when it pulls any ejector airtime.
RMC Coaster-120621232246001.jpg
Viewed 472 times
RMC Coaster-120621232200000.jpg
Viewed 472 times

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness