TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Disney nerd rant. This is the worst monorail advertisement yet... it looks hideous, does just not fit Disney at all and looks horrible. Walt would never EVER want this... EVER. I understand Disney needs to advertise and what not, but this is just awful!

Begin rant.

My roommates. My f*cking roommates. Please, make yourself comfortable and let me tell you a tale of my f*cking roommates. For anonymity's sake I shall refer to them as Bulk and Skull.

So Bulk is this short awkward guy with tons of body hair. And somehow it manages to get all over the bathroom. Just everywhere. Last week I decided to shake out the rug in front of our shower, and could probably have made a coat from all the hair that was in it. Plus, Bulk is chronically unable to keep his mouth closed when he eats. Like nails on a chalkboard or styrofoam rubbing together, it's one of those horrendous noises where you can't do anything at all until the sound is over. I can't imagine how someone can learn to eat that way without realizing that it's happening. Plus he always leaves his room light on when he leaves for the library for hours at a time, which really drives me up a wall. At least he almost never cooks.

Skull, however, does. When he does cook (which is about 3-4 times a week), he cooks only one thing: Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Whenever he cooks it, despite us having convenient plasticware, he always uses a wooden spoon, which is the hardest to clean. Plus he always, ALWAYS uses a measuring cup for the milk, thus making another thing to clean. This is the only thing you know how to make!!! Haven't you figured out how to estimate the amount of milk you need at this point?! And why do you pepper your mac & cheese??? That's weird! But anyway. Skull always makes the entire box of Mac & Cheese, and he always eats the entire goddamn box of Mac & Cheese. And Skull is a pretty gangly guy, so where does he have room for all this processed pasta and cheese? Well, he doesn't. Within half an hour of his nutrient-impoverished meal, without exception, I hear him run to the bathroom with the urgency of a man whose mass is more crap than human, and he slams the door shut and takes the most disgusting-sounding sh*ts I've ever heard. And this happens EVERY TIME HE MAKES MAC & CHEESE. Hasn't he deduced a pattern yet?? I have hypothesized that these dumps are so bad that he's crapped out the idea that you're supposed to clean your dishes when you use them. I once held a passive-aggressive siege with Skull over the Mac & Cheese cookware, washing everything else that may be in the sink but leaving his untouched. So what did he do? Ate out for the next MONTH. I don't think the dishes were ever even touched. I had to cave in after a month because I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Basically, both Bulk and Skull are just big, virginal manchildren who don't understand the concept of 'when you use a glass you can just wash it out and reuse it, not leave it in the sink and use another one'. With incredibly rare exceptions, I now hold exclusive domain over cleaning the dishes, filling, running, and emptying the dishwasher, taking out the trash and recycling, and cleaning the tub, toilet, and bathroom sink. The only thing keeping me sane is the knowledge that once they're out on their own they'll be completely helpless, mired in their own filth, floors covered in Jimmy John's wrappers, and having to eat with their hands because there hasn't been a clean dish in their apartments in months.

I guess it's my own fault for choosing to live with them. But I had no idea that it would be like this.

End rant.

^Ouch. That really sucks to hear about your roomates. They're starting to make my roommates look good, and they're pretty f*cking bad themselves. Hopefully you'll be out of that apartment soon.

^^Hey! Don't you judge people who pepper their mac & cheese (yes, I'm guilty of doing that )

Seriously, though, that's really unacceptable how thoughtless your roommates are. I guess the consideration of others isn't really the first thing that comes to their minds. As for the dishes, I would have moved out immediately if they didn't handle their own dishes. If it was just one roommate, that would be annoying, but BOTH of them? You should have left the dishes there and let him squander his money. But yeah, you're story makes me appreciate my roommates even more than I already do (if anything, we argue over who's not doing the dishes). I agree with XII, get out of there!

^ Wow it sounds like you're living with a bunch of Good Guy Gregs. I'm envious. Also, next year Skull is moving out, and I'm much friendlier with the guy who's moving in (anti-Skull), and he professes to be a neat freak, so that sounds promising.Though annoying, Bulk's drawbacks are mostly harmless. Plus, in the immortal words of Kim Pine, "At least it'll give us something to complain about."

New update on the Great Macaroni Kitchen Siege: Skull made M&C again two days ago, and I'm besieging the hell out of it. Well, he decided to make M&C again tonight, but I had used our other big pot to make some halfway-decent chicken penne alfredo, though he could've used it because it was on the drying rack because I actually clean sh*t in a timely manner (quick aside: our two big pots have built-in colanders in the lid. Skull somehow didn't pick up on this for two months, always using the much harder to clean plastic colander). Anyway, he used a third pot plus the colander, so now the sink is completely filled up with his dishes.

Ladies and gentlemen, this man is going to Columbia Law School next year. Try not to need a lawyer for the next 20 years or so.

Have been feeling weak and exhausted for most of the week now.. Was planning on Parc Asterix for tomorrow.. but i'll have to skip.. If i would try to do that 5 hour drive.. i would crash before getting anywhere close to the park.. Time to think of someplace else to visit (soon)

^^I'm sorry. I hate those! Thankfully they were almost exclusively a kid thing for me. Not to get nasty or unflattering, but my worst was when two massive ones morphed into one and visibly deformed my lip on the outside.

^^You're lucky you're pretty much done with them. I think I have Sutton's Disease, ie recurring canker sores. I've gotten five at once, (maybe six on occasion) and if I go three weeks without any I consider myself the luckiest guy on the planet.

^I've got Sutton's Disease too, and it really does suck. I feel your pain bro. And cal1br3tto, that happened to me once with the two kanker sores. Worst three weeks of my life.

As for my rant, last semester, I gave Amtrak thunderous praise for being consistantly on time. This semester... Ehn... They've been getting worse and worse. Though to be fair, it is a holiday weekend. I guess consistency is not really possible with hundreds of trains in the northeast corridor every day.

It's spring break and I'm stuck in my small town for the week. Most of my friends are off in cool places like San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Lake Havasu, and other places and I'm back in the freezing cold mountains. My parents are on a cruise, so I'm stuck with my younger siblings.

I really wanted to go ride some coasters during the break, was hoping our SIFE team would go to SFMM after our competitions in Hollywood a few days ago, but everyone spread to the winds and I just ended up riding home with a few guys who then took off to their hometown.

I'm seriously in need of some coaster riding. You'd think living in CA it wouldn't be too hard, but seeing that I live 4.5 hours drive from the NEAREST park and even longer to the majority, it's quite a difficult undertaking. I'm really hoping one of my friends will decide to go check out colleges and take me with her to the bay area. I haven't been to SCBB since I was like, 5 years old, so I'm really hoping to go there.

There's something wrong with me.

I stretched a shoulder muscle a few weeks ago and it left me with an annoying pain. That stopped after a week or two and then I got hit with terrible allergies, which led me to lose my voice at work. Then I get hit with my usual coughing fit (happens about twice a year). After that, apparently my coughing is causing my sinuses to act up. My face starts hurting with a dull pain every time I cough.

I hope this only lasts a couple days.

GAHH!! My sister can be such a brat sometimes! She thinks every time I let her have something (to use for a time), it means i've given it to her forever! She's done this with so many things of mine!

When I went off to college the first time (I ended up coming back to the CC later), I left a lot of my clothes home so I'd have something to wear on breaks, and so I wouldn't have to take everything with me. She thought that gave her permission to raid my closet when I was gone, and wear a lot of the clothes. Many she didn't give back to me until a year+ later when the clothes didn't fit me anymore and I had to give them to her anyway.

Now, she just freaked out at me because I asked for this CD back that I had bought in Jr. High. I let her use it for a long time because I had an iPod and she didn't. Now, we both have iPods but I generally listen to CDs in my car. According to her, it was Dad's CD and he gave it to her, but this is untrue. He didn't even like the bands on the CD until I got into them and shared it with him. Even if he told her she could have it, that doesn't take away the fact that the CD was mine in the first place and I want it back. I've been too lenient with lending out my CDs and now they've been spread across the winds for years and I'm trying to get them all back so I can keep them in one place.

If it were just one CD I probably wouldn't care as much, but she's done the same thing with a TON of stuff of mine. She still has my iHome that my ex gave me and I'm probably never going to get it back. Plus, she won't even let me BORROW anything of hers and hardly ever lets me use her stuff even once like her hair products, and perfumes and all. She would never let me borrow any of her clothes, but she uses my clothes all the time.

Sometimes I don't care, but sometimes (like this) it's really frustrating and makes me not want to lend her anything!

Coasterfanatics.com needs a serious overhaul.

For instance, it needs to be updated in terms of what coasters are open. I still don't have an official Green Lantern credit because thay haven't updated it, so I had to add Chang to my ridelist. Also, I forgot my password and I've literally tried a dozen times to get a new password sent to me through e-mail but no e-mail has arrived at all!

^I could've written almost the same post. It's not just about keeping track of my count, as I also do that elsewhere. I'm at times fascinated by the unique features of the site. But sadly, I've counted at least three coasters in locations other than the places I've ridden them, and yes, "Chang" is one of them. Still more I am unable to count at all.

There's this kid in my grade that purposely makes fun of me. He has no reason as to why he does it. He talks crap about me every time that he sees me. I have done nothing to him at all. We only have one class together, but he tries to turn everyone against me. I ignore what he says about me and continue about what I'm doing. My friends say that no one listens to him.

He thinks he's better than me because he plays football. He also thinks very highly of himself. He also threatened to beat me up. He also says that I shouldn't be talking about college because we're freshmen. My argument is that college is getting harder and more expensive to get in, and there's no better time than now to start thinking about the future. I don't even talk about school that much to begin with. I'm just annoyed by him so much that I would rather marathon on Mean Streak than deal with him.

End Rant here

^ Just ignore people like that and keep your chin up. Paying attention to them and reacting to their antics is exactly what they want, and will only drag you down in the long run. He obviously has insecurities in his own life that need justifying by constantly making fun of you. I usually feel more pity towards those type of people, more than hatred, for that exact reason.

^^Last year I got in a similar situation with a guy who fed on ANY reaction from anyone else. Literally, no matter what reaction I gave, he found a way to take advantage of it. If I said something back, he liked hearing it (for obvious reasons). If I were to say nothing back, he could use the situation to make me look stupid. The only way I could win an argument was if I could make him look stupid (which I actually was able to do several times). However, he would likely be back the next day.

The end of the semester didn't result in the end of him. I finished third in my class, and, on a Facebook photo, he posted some pretty nasty comments on me not being number one. (He didn't even finish in the top 33%, that's all I know).

So, what do I do now. Well, the best thing to do is accept the fact that words are simply a generation of sound caused by vibration of vocal cords. Can vocal cords vibrating hurt you? No. So, why would you let the thoughts of an idiot get to you. Now, words don't really get to me nearly as much as they used to. Same with words generation as a result of pressing a few keys.

So, in reality, when someone is saying something really bad about you, the joke is on them. They are actually revealing weakness, while the words will, ultimately, make you a mentally stronger person.

Hope this helps

-Grant

Taking a German course to meet graduation requirements. Okay!

The instructor is nice. Cool!

The instructor can't teach. Been here before...

Finals week is rolling around. Okay.

The study guide is all regurgitated stuff from the book. Ugh.

There are no sample exams to help prepare. UGH.

The instructor refuses to give a clear explanation as to how we will be tested. I'm dead.