TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Well last night I saw The cabin in the woods. WOW what a movie.

Let me tell you I have never had this much fun in a theater since scream. Listens to the tagline "you THINK you know the story".

I'ts defiantly not you average clichè movie with the drunken teenagers who go in the woods and get slaughtered.

It's just a amazing movie theater experience.

Even of you don't like horror movies your going to like this one. And I think we have a horror classic on our hands 9.5/10. The movie is just pure awesomeness

Oh I also saw wrath of the Titans. And because The cabin in the woods was so awesome I didn't care about the movie. But what I did watch it wasn't all that 5.5/10

^ Awesome! As you can see in the page before I am VERY excited about it... seeing it tomorrow but I hear it's great from critics as well as you! A horror movie with a 91% on rotten tomatoes will get my money EVERY TIME! Especially a very fun one.

Also you're 16... so you saw Scream in the theater when you were one? Just kidding! Glad you like it... I should have a review up by tomorrow! EXCITED!

Yesterday, I finally got around to watching The Last Airbender. And while I usually tend to defend M. Night Shyamalan, I simply cannot do it for this movie, it's so awful. With The Happening, while the characters were really bland and the dialogue was painful, the story was interesting enough to hold my attention and the corniness actually made the movie hilariously entertaining. Though it took itself too seriously at times, it was a great example of a movie that was so bad it was good. But with The Last Airbender, not only did it bastardize a wonderful television series, but it took itself way too seriously for all the flaws that it had. EVERYTHING about the movie was completely wrong. I could not find one character whose actions/dialogue were believable, the actors were wooden, the effects were O.K. in some parts and sloppy in others, the pacing was awkward with very abrupt transitions, the action sequences were hardly exciting, and I can only wonder how people who had never seen the show were following along with the plot. The only praise I can give it is that most of the settings and characters (minus the ethnicity issues) looked exactly like the animated series. I can also appreciate that they stuck to the basic story without throwing their own twist on the tale, but even that backfired when they tried to cram an entire season's worth of plot into an hour and a half. I love Dev Patel, and Aasif Mandvi is a great comedian, but even their performances were sub par. I had heard all the negative reviews of this movie, but I didn't think it would be this bad!

Every now and then (well, probably a bit more often than I care to admit), I enjoy watching some absurd movie from my childhood or teenage years. Tonight it was At the Earth's Core, which had everything a geeky 16-year-old guy in the 1970s would want in a movie:

1. Rubber-suited monsters;

2. Big, papier mache puppet monsters; and, of course,

3. Caroline Munro.

Naturtally, because it's a fantasy flick made by Amicus in the UK, Doug McClure and Peter Cushing have to be in it, as well.

^At The Earth's Core is AMAZING. Terrible monster effects, crap acting, and lots of laughs. It is quality entertainment!

Watched Bridesmaids the other night. Meh. I really shouldn't watch things that most people thing are "funny", because I never find them amusing.

dt

Battleship opened in Australia on Thursday, saw it tonite at the Drive In! It was big, dumb, got stupdier as the film went on! Plot holes so big that even the cast knew they where there! Parts of it lacked well anything, at the start it was unsure what it wanted to be, anti war, pro war, anti plot, pro plot. The most effective part was the Battleship moment towards the end of the film. Stupid Dumb and a few moments of fun!

Cabin in the Woods may have made me a brony. I love unicorns! See it for yourself and you will see what I mean.

So far easily the best film of 2012 and maybe the best horror film of the 2000s... it's not particularly scary but it's very funny, very entertaining, and overall really what a horror movie fan is looking for. Maybe not the best "first" horror movie to see as there are quite a few references and cliches... but that is what makes this movie so awesome... it is a horror film for lovers of horror made by someone who loves horror movies. Go see it now... the best film in 2012 so far in my honest opinion!

Go see it as soon as you can! You will have a ton of fun, some awesome laughs, a few cringes... and maybe even some cheers... and a new found love of unicorns!

10/10

^Hmmmm...sounds interesting being a fan of horror films myself. Actually, the review I read was pretty good and I was surprised to even see one as horror films are rarely rated/reviewed in our newspaper.

I did watch Drive last week and enjoyed it. BF had to leave the room a couple of times during the more gory scenes, but even he couldn't stop watching it - 4 out of 5 stars.

Watched Sanctum this afternoon...thought it was okay, but didn't anyone think it was strange how there were no sea creatures in the water at any point in the movie? A shark or on octopus scene might have made rate it higher - 3 out of 5 stars.

Battleship opened in Australia on Thursday, saw it tonite at the Drive In! It was big, dumb, got stupdier as the film went on! Plot holes so big that even the cast knew they where there! Parts of it lacked well anything, at the start it was unsure what it wanted to be, anti war, pro war, anti plot, pro plot. The most effective part was the Battleship moment towards the end of the film. Stupid Dumb and a few moments of fun!

Somebody in the flick has to say, "You sunk my battleship!" Otherwise, the movie is a complete waste of time.

Finally got to see Cabin in the Woods. What a fantastic film. Try to know as little as possible when going to view it...and if you are a horror fan...be prepared to see a tribute to the genre as a whole...and some of the initial pioneers to the industry. With the tributing shots, and the very unique ride it takes....I was pleasantly surprised. A great story with an even better metaphor. Done raving about it now haha.

Now I'm pumped for Looper and Prometheus!

Battleship does one thing, and one thing only. It convinces me that this can and SHOULD happen....

hahahahhahaha that's awesome!

I agree! This should totally happen. xD

They left out Godzilla.

Finally got to see Cabin in the Woods. What a fantastic film.

Yea, I really enjoyed it too. It's definitely the surprise movie of the year for me so far. I would go as far as to say that this movie and The Hunger Games are probably the two best I've seen this year.

When I originally heard that they were coming out with a Three Stooges movie, I was very worried. The main thought I had was "how badly would Hollywood screw up one of the better slapstick comedies ever?" The previews looked somewhat promising, however, and I was curious to see how the movie carried a 1930's comedy into the present day, so on opening night me and two friends went to see it. I'm very glad I did. It was a satisfyingly funny movie that had us laughing pretty darn hard at times. Of course, being Hollywood-ized there were attempts to create some drama, but the movie was at it's best when it was pure old-style slapstick hilarity. It even had numerous tie-ins to the original show which were very nice to see. It was definitely a great way to spend an evening.

However, I have noticed that some PG-rated elements are starting to push my perception of what's appropriate for younger children. Now, I'm not a person who abhors violence or risque things (I love it ), but there a couple times during the movie me and my friends looked at each other and went "Wow, PG was a lot different when we were youngsters... "

I still advise you to go and give it a chance. We were still laughing about it for a while afterwards. And, not trying to give too much away, it has the only version of Jersey Shore I would ever watch. That was awesome!