Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Post about what movies you've seen or ANYTHING!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:15 pm

^I thought Drive was interesting--sort of an "existential" film noir thing. Albert Brooks was great as a rather odd gangster.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Just saw "Wrath of The Titans".

It was fun.

Relentless. Loud. Big 3D.

Fun.

And Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson looked
(and sounded) like they were enjoying themself,
playing against (and with) each other,
as Hades and Zeus.
Talk is cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:41 pm

^more importantly, how scantily clad was Sam Worthington?

I won't see Hunger Games till I finish reading the book and I haven't started yet :)
Last edited by Moose on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:41 pm.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sfgam#1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Well last night I saw The cabin in the woods. WOW what a movie.
Let me tell you I have never had this much fun in a theater since scream. Listens to the tagline "you THINK you know the story".
I'ts defiantly not you average clichè movie with the drunken teenagers who go in the woods and get slaughtered.
It's just a amazing movie theater experience.
Even of you don't like horror movies your going to like this one. And I think we have a horror classic on our hands 9.5/10. The movie is just pure awesomeness =)

Oh I also saw wrath of the Titans. And because The cabin in the woods was so awesome I didn't care about the movie. But what I did watch it wasn't all that 5.5/10
Swerve we not friends

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:14 pm

^ Awesome! As you can see in the page before I am VERY excited about it... seeing it tomorrow but I hear it's great from critics as well as you! A horror movie with a 91% on rotten tomatoes will get my money EVERY TIME! Especially a very fun one.

Also you're 16... so you saw Scream in the theater when you were one? :P Just kidding! Glad you like it... I should have a review up by tomorrow! EXCITED!
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sfgam#1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:28 pm

LOL. I ment scream 4 ( I love that movie).
Swerve we not friends

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby VinTheAttendant » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am

Yesterday, I finally got around to watching The Last Airbender. And while I usually tend to defend M. Night Shyamalan, I simply cannot do it for this movie, it's so awful. With The Happening, while the characters were really bland and the dialogue was painful, the story was interesting enough to hold my attention and the corniness actually made the movie hilariously entertaining. Though it took itself too seriously at times, it was a great example of a movie that was so bad it was good. But with The Last Airbender, not only did it bastardize a wonderful television series, but it took itself way too seriously for all the flaws that it had. EVERYTHING about the movie was completely wrong. I could not find one character whose actions/dialogue were believable, the actors were wooden, the effects were O.K. in some parts and sloppy in others, the pacing was awkward with very abrupt transitions, the action sequences were hardly exciting, and I can only wonder how people who had never seen the show were following along with the plot. The only praise I can give it is that most of the settings and characters (minus the ethnicity issues) looked exactly like the animated series. I can also appreciate that they stuck to the basic story without throwing their own twist on the tale, but even that backfired when they tried to cram an entire season's worth of plot into an hour and a half. I love Dev Patel, and Aasif Mandvi is a great comedian, but even their performances were sub par. I had heard all the negative reviews of this movie, but I didn't think it would be this bad!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Every now and then (well, probably a bit more often than I care to admit), I enjoy watching some absurd movie from my childhood or teenage years. Tonight it was At the Earth's Core, which had everything a geeky 16-year-old guy in the 1970s would want in a movie:

1. Rubber-suited monsters;
2. Big, papier mache puppet monsters; and, of course,

3. Caroline Munro.

Naturtally, because it's a fantasy flick made by Amicus in the UK, Doug McClure and Peter Cushing have to be in it, as well.

YouTube Videolink

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:37 pm

^At The Earth's Core is AMAZING. Terrible monster effects, crap acting, and lots of laughs. It is quality entertainment!

Watched Bridesmaids the other night. Meh. I really shouldn't watch things that most people thing are "funny", because I never find them amusing.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rosscoe » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:38 am

Battleship opened in Australia on Thursday, saw it tonite at the Drive In! It was big, dumb, got stupdier as the film went on! Plot holes so big that even the cast knew they where there! Parts of it lacked well anything, at the start it was unsure what it wanted to be, anti war, pro war, anti plot, pro plot. The most effective part was the Battleship moment towards the end of the film. Stupid Dumb and a few moments of fun!

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random