TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Since this was probably one of the ghettoest-looking parks anyway, it's gonna look really ghetto with a bunch of random pathways, closed buildings, and Rampage's wooden corpse.

They should keep the Log Flume and maybe the Rapids ride (does it even operate?) for sure. They're physically the closest rides to the Waterpark, they are water rides, and they would help the park towards maintaining a decent level of attractions this year. Just install a path from the lazy river and you've got two more rides. Buzzsaw is right there next to the main entrance as well.

Just put those random water mazes and things on the former games area and it all makes sense. I hope they think of this.

^^A reporter asked the owner about the water amusement rides and he said the rapids and log flume were too expensive to continue to operate and Buzzsaw was in a weird location to open with the waterpark (while it is next to main street the path to the ride is kind of long).

I'm really sorry to see Rampage getting closed. At night, that thing really sped up, especially if you were there for a late night event, like Rip Roaring Rampage. In fact, I've never been to the park when there wasn't an event there! It ranks on my woodie list as #5, just behind El Toro. And if you take out Aska, which will never run again, then it was #4.

I'll always remember the hours of amazing rides we had on Rampage during the RRR events. If you've never been, you really missed out on something special!

I'm not the only one who thought it was that great either. While it dropped to #23 in the ranking on Mitch's poll this year, and #32 in the Golden Tickets, it had previously ranked much higher. In fact, only twice has Rampage not been in the top 20 woodies on Mitch's poll. It debuted at #4 and remained in the top 10 for 6 years and in the top 15 for all but the last three years.

I believe that this would actually be the highest ranking wooden coaster to be endangered in quite some time, other than Aska and Ozark Wildcat, neither of which has operated in years, unfortunately.

Hopefully, someone will buy it. I'm not holding my breath. And the fact that it was built to a specific terrain would make it hard to move and rebuild. But if it's only $300,000, it might make a good investment for someone to buy and hire Gravity Group or GCI to rebuild for much less than the cost of a new coaster. Hell the trains and lift hill and mechanism for a new coaster would cost more than that!

Found some more info on the AquaCourse that's going in:

www.blooloop.com/PressReleases/-WhiteWater-s-First-AquaCourse-to-Debut-at-Alabama-s-Splash-Adventure-Waterpark/3390

WhiteWater West, the global leader in waterpark design, engineering, manufacturing and installation, announce that their newest innovation, AquaCourse TM, will debut at Alabama's Splash Adventure this summer.

AquaCourseTM is a new multi-level play experience for the whole family. Guests make their way through an exciting course of ropes, towers, bridges and zip wires. Each guest can choose which elements of the course to complete, so that each individual can set their own targets while still making their way through the experience alongside their family.

WhiteWater have taken away traditional waterpark obstacles and added lots of fun features to allow 360° interactivity for guests: water guns shoot from the sides, geysers from below and sprays from above. Even spectators can join in the fun by pulling a rope to tip a bucket of water over AquaCourseTM participants.

AquaCourseTM is available in a variety of models to allow easy integration into waterparks, amusement parks and FECs.

Sounds to me like a wet version of these ropes courses that have been going in lately.

• 5 weeks later...

I just checked out the park's web site and saw that it was supposed to open today.

Anyone heard how it went?

Rain was predicted for today but it held off until late afternoon. I wonder if anyone showed up for opening day and am curious when it comes to what they saw and experienced....

The biggest thing with today was the new season pass system not working. That was a real headache. Unfortunately the new water attractions also are ready yet, but it will be a pretty decent waterpark once they are ready. Several rides a completely gone now such as the Carousel, Giant Wheel, and Fender Bender.

• 2 weeks later...

So whats the news about any further expansion plans its says on their website news page that they are selling the dryrides to make room for future water park investments are they gonna expand they water park over to that side? I guess that wouldnt be so bad. They need to leave the Buzz Saw Falls ride its brand new, hopefully they will..anybody know?

Buzzsaw Falls is still up for sale. The two new water attractions are actually being built outside of the existing waterpark. The water maze is being built in between the Celebration Street area and the waterpark entrance and the aqua course is going where the old Cedar Point fountain was located.

• 2 weeks later...

Any photos and updates? I checked the Live Cam on the Fox Six web site today and the place looked like nothing was going on. I did not see anyone on the camera. I wish the live cam was the type that was live and not refreshing evey 60 seconds.

You aren't going to see anyone really on that cam simply because there is nothing there to draw people to that part of the park. One the Aqua Course goes in there I'm guessing you'll start to see a good number of people on the cam.