TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

So would this mean that Buzzsaw Falls will be staying? It could be considered to be an amusement ride and water park ride and I could see them doing something similar to Noah's Ark. I'd hate to see them build an attraction like that and then tear it down and sell it only a year later.

So would this mean that Buzzsaw Falls will be staying? It could be considered to be an amusement ride and water park ride and I could see them doing something similar to Noah's Ark. I'd hate to see them build an attraction like that and then tear it down and sell it only a year later.

Actually, I wouldn't be that surprised if they did keep it. It's located right off of the main entrance area, so they wouldn't need to do anything special to allow access to it as is while also closing off the other pathways to the former ride side. I suspect the flume and rapids ride are goners though, they aren't particularly close to the waterpark stuff.

Edit: Never mind, I didn't realize it's for sale now too...

^And no, Buzzsaw Falls is listed for sale as well. The only thing I have yet to find listed anywhere is Rampage, two kiddie rides, and Vertigo.

I think this may be one of the unfound kiddie rides (the former Marvel City Speedway):

http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1286

The year and model would be logical, as would be the fact that they had a number of other Zamperla kiddie rides as well.

Another park gets "Geauga'd" and it's a shame the owner has no interest in growing the amusement side of the park. Despite Six Flags being rather close it still seemed like a park with some potential.

BTW I have never been to a park where the ride park had more people than the water park. For example I went to Dorney in 2005 and Wildwater Kingdom was slammed whereas Talon and the then brand new Hydra were walk ons.

I wonder how many of those 80% of people went over to enjoy the ride side once they were done in the waterpark. That's what Doney's problem is, everyone starts at the waterpark but ends up on the rides in the evening thus creating massive lines. Michigan's Adventure also has this problem, though their attendance isn't quite up to creating massive lines in their ride park and the size of the park can handle larger hordes of people.

Geauga Lake had that problem, too, but it was an entirely different situation. (which I highlighted in the "Who Killed Geauga Lake" thread.)

One thing you have to take into account is the park was divided when Southland owned the park. They REALLY messed up the flow of the amusement park in order for it to only have one entrance so they could sell individual tickets to each park or a combo for both. When it opened it was a combo ticket and one of the first things AFE did for their first full season of ownership was combine it back into one ticket.

I'm wondering how they are going to work out the event with Mercedes. If they have the turnout that they did the last time they rented out the park the waterpark is going to be SLAMMED.

If anyone is planning to go to the park this year, I'd love to know if my brick is still there.

I bought one of the bricks in the entrance plaza years ago but never went back to see if it was installed or if they still exist.

The brick should read:

John B deHaas

Theme Park Diva

That's the name of my musical I wrote: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Theme-Park-Diva-The-Musical/218583551485752

Anyway, if you see it there, I'd love a picture of it!

Thanks!

The bricks are still there. The idea of removing them was tossed around back when the park changed names in 2006 because of the brick mural the engraved bricks surround but they covered that up with park maps instead and kept the engraved bricks.