Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 668: 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration Entertainment & More Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
It all started with a donkey

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby the ghost » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:54 pm

^^ I like this quite a bit actually. If people are into it that could actually be a lot of fun, and from similar things like this in the past I have seen some very talented street individuals in the past that were awesome at improvising.
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby Thrillseeker321 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:17 am

Will Disneylands third park be a thrill park sorta like California Adventure or will it be more of a family park such as Disneyland itself?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 am

Thrillseeker321 wrote:Will Disneylands third park be a thrill park sorta like California Adventure or will it be more of a family park such as Disneyland itself?

From what I'm hearing, it's still in Blue Sky right now. Nothing solid at this point.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:59 am

Thrillseeker321 wrote:Will Disneylands third park be a thrill park sorta like California Adventure or will it be more of a family park such as Disneyland itself?

Someotherguyuser wrote:

From what I'm hearing, it's still in Blue Sky right now. Nothing solid at this point.

It is still in the BlueSky stage, yes, but the theme has pretty much been nailed down. And it will be like every other Disney park and have attractions for the whole family. DCA does now have attractions for everyone, so that idea is gone. It was the only Disney park to really attempt that and it failed. This new park should rival the 'new' DCA though in terms of theme.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 am

Jew wrote:Al Lutz is reporting Matterhorn to be bumped to 42" FWIW.

I can hear the complaints now.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:46 am

I don't know of any current plans to redo the hotel, but Disney needs a Disney Branded "Value" hotel. If all they offered was Luxury it would be harder to fill and all the "Value" business would go elsewhere. And to be honest, price wise, Paradise Pier is more on the level of a "Moderate" hotel. If Disney gets all the land, and eliminates its direct competition across the street, you'll see a wider variety of Disney branded hotel offerings.

I just don't see this being something that is going to happen. All those hotels across the street know the intrinsic value of their land, and more importantly, they know their location is fantastic. Better, actually, than Paradise Pier Hotel. For Disney to do a value from scratch, they'd probably have to build up given the lack of space they'd be working with, and that's a mighty expensive proposition to try and fill with cheap hotel rooms to compete with the likes of the HoJo. If it was gonna happen, Walt probably would have done it decades ago. I definitely don't see it or the "need" to do it now.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:14 am

The reason 'Walt' or the company didn't do it years ago was because the company didn't always have billions of dollars to buy the land. Walt said he wish he'd bought it, but he didn't have the funds at the time.

The company is now in a amazing financial position to have enough available funds to buy the land. Be it one by one, or trying to grab it all at once. Also, the City would back any large land buy that Disney wants to make, so in the end it will happen if Disney wants it to happen.

Lastly, this is a multi-year strategy, not something you will see happen in one day. Negations could take years because there are so many parties involved.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Certainly by the 1970s Disney was in a better financial position than the 1950s and was dealing with property values significantly lower than what they are today in Southern California. There's a number of things that, to me, make it counter-intuitive for Disney to spend the kind of money necessary to acquire that land, much less develop it into a park/value resort/etc. I'm not going to argue about something theoretical like this because no one can ever really be wrong, but I just don't think its going to happen for a great many years (if ever).

Lost My Veganity on the New Hotness trip.

Postby dylanreich » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:09 pm

It's possible that in the 1970s they knew they could make do with the land they had, look how DCA came about.
YOLO all day errday
Steel: 1.Skull Mountain 2.X2 3.I-305 4.Tatsu 5.Storm Runner 6.Volcano
Wood: 1.Phoenix 2.Thunderhead 3.El Toro 4.Apocalypse 5.Lightning Racer

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:06 pm

dylanreich wrote:It's possible that in the 1970s they knew they could make do with the land they had, look how DCA came about.

In the 1970's there were focusing on the Magic Kingdom.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!