Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 616: New 'Glow with the Show' products announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Wes » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:54 am

^ Disney markets PP as "Value" but room rates tend to be pretty close to the Disneyland Hotel, especially during peak seasons. It's not a "value" resort like an All-Star is to a Yacht Club, let's say. Since Disney only owns three hotels and there's usually very good demand for them, it doesn't make sense to level PP. The rooms just got a decor makeover within the last few years too.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 am

I don't know of any current plans to redo the hotel, but Disney needs a Disney Branded "Value" hotel. If all they offered was Luxury it would be harder to fill and all the "Value" business would go elsewhere. And to be honest, price wise, Paradise Pier is more on the level of a "Moderate" hotel. If Disney gets all the land, and eliminates its direct competition across the street, you'll see a wider variety of Disney branded hotel offerings.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:06 am

Here's and article about the new entertainment offerings for DCA starting this summer.

Disney Parks Blog

An Entertaining Cast of Characters for Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park
posted on April 2nd, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

When you enter Disney California Adventure park this summer, you’ll step back in time to Los Angeles of the 1920s and ‘30s on Buena Vista Street. One of the keys to creating a truly immersive environment like this is populating it with interesting and believable characters, so Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment has been hard at work developing the unique personalities and show experiences that will bring the new entrance avenue to life.

cit118932SMALL.jpg
Viewed 862 times

Buena Vista Street is alive with optimism and opportunity. It’s a boulevard of dreams and dreamers… like the Citizens of Buena Vista Street. This cast of characters will interact with guests in this area of the park, creating impromptu laughs, smiles and memories wherever they go.

new228914SMALL.jpg
Viewed 862 times

The Red Car News Boys roll into town on one of the shiny Red Car Trolleys, belting out “California, Here I Come!” Inspired by the spirit and style of Disney’s “Newsies,” the Red Car News Boys bring the latest headlines and engage their audience with fun songs of the ‘20s and ‘30s.

fiv338912SMALL.jpg
Viewed 862 times

Over “On the Sunny Side of the Street,” the musical group Five & Dime arrives in Carthay Circle to jazz things up. This ensemble of friends and relations, headed up by a vivacious singer named Dime, has travelled down Route 66 all the way from Chicago in the hopes of making it big. Like everyone who comes to Buena Vista Street, great things await them just around the corner!
Stay tuned. We’ll have more to share about these entertaining new offerings coming to Disney California Adventure park as we get closer to the opening of Buena Vista Street on June 15.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Al Lutz is reporting Matterhorn to be bumped to 42" FWIW.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:54 pm

^^ I like this quite a bit actually. If people are into it that could actually be a lot of fun, and from similar things like this in the past I have seen some very talented street individuals in the past that were awesome at improvising.
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby Thrillseeker321 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:17 am

Will Disneylands third park be a thrill park sorta like California Adventure or will it be more of a family park such as Disneyland itself?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 am

Thrillseeker321 wrote:Will Disneylands third park be a thrill park sorta like California Adventure or will it be more of a family park such as Disneyland itself?

From what I'm hearing, it's still in Blue Sky right now. Nothing solid at this point.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:59 am

Thrillseeker321 wrote:Will Disneylands third park be a thrill park sorta like California Adventure or will it be more of a family park such as Disneyland itself?

Someotherguyuser wrote:

From what I'm hearing, it's still in Blue Sky right now. Nothing solid at this point.

It is still in the BlueSky stage, yes, but the theme has pretty much been nailed down. And it will be like every other Disney park and have attractions for the whole family. DCA does now have attractions for everyone, so that idea is gone. It was the only Disney park to really attempt that and it failed. This new park should rival the 'new' DCA though in terms of theme.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 am

Jew wrote:Al Lutz is reporting Matterhorn to be bumped to 42" FWIW.

I can hear the complaints now.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:46 am

I don't know of any current plans to redo the hotel, but Disney needs a Disney Branded "Value" hotel. If all they offered was Luxury it would be harder to fill and all the "Value" business would go elsewhere. And to be honest, price wise, Paradise Pier is more on the level of a "Moderate" hotel. If Disney gets all the land, and eliminates its direct competition across the street, you'll see a wider variety of Disney branded hotel offerings.

I just don't see this being something that is going to happen. All those hotels across the street know the intrinsic value of their land, and more importantly, they know their location is fantastic. Better, actually, than Paradise Pier Hotel. For Disney to do a value from scratch, they'd probably have to build up given the lack of space they'd be working with, and that's a mighty expensive proposition to try and fill with cheap hotel rooms to compete with the likes of the HoJo. If it was gonna happen, Walt probably would have done it decades ago. I definitely don't see it or the "need" to do it now.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!