TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

The second to last photo above should help a bit. The Superman Loop is 145ft off the ground... Now the grade is about 30ft lover there, but the SkyScreamer is quite the ways away in the back ground. That being said since the tower appears almost the height of the loop I would say yes it is 200ft.

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Screamscape Reports:

(4/12/12) I’m happy to report that I’ve been sent a confirmation regarding the true height of the Sky Screamer at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I’ve been told that the tower is exactly 199 feet tall, just under the park’s 200 ft height limit. While the Scream tower appears to be taller, Scream is said to only be 185 feet tall, but the terrain is a bit higher in that section of the park by comparison, giving it the illusion of being a taller structure. For those wanting to know the breakdown… the ground level piece is 22 ft, each of the four tower sections are 39 ft tall, then a top tower section that is 12 ft and finally the ‘crown’ on top is 9 ft.

I knew the park had a height limit, since they never had anything that tall before... So I guess you have it, SkyScreamer is bigger than Scream!

Eh....I don't know about that. I'd love to know the source of Screamscape because as we all know, their information may not always be accurate. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but without Screamscape citing it's source, it's still hearsay in my book........but it still looks pretty tall to me just not convinced it's 200ft (199ft) as claimed.

In any case, I just saw a couple of new pics of Sky Screamer on the SFFT Facebook page and it looks awesome. Very nice addition to the parks skyline.

SkyScreamerSFFT.thumb.jpg.7baf930f821ef95d8bc5c13042e6ab86.jpg

Edited by ArizonaGuy

Yeah, I just rode the 90-footer at Coney Island, and just by comparison that really doesn't look twice as tall... I mean, if the park says it's 200 feet tall, then it is. But I was under the impression that SFFT and SFGAdv switched their models, with SFFT now getting the 140-footer and SFGAdv getting the taller one.

After seeing that picture above I am convinced that it is 200ft. (or 199 as scream scape reports). That Quarry Wall creates such a perspective differential. SFFT has always been a park that has interested me. I love the uniquness of that Quarry and I want to visit this park one day. I'll probably wait till Rattler reopens next year.... I have feeling it will be the surprise hit coaster in the U.S. for 2013 when it opens next year I can't wait.

So does anyone know if the Sky Screamer rides have a similar type of lighting system for night time operation like the Windseeker type swing rides? I assume that they don't but I was just curious. The Cedar Point Windseeker looks awesome at night.

I wonder if the GP will be confused about Sky Screamer & Scream!, the names are very similar.

They could've changed Sky Screamer's name to something else.

I like SkyScreamer name. The General public is stupid, I heard people say they just rode Mr. Freeze at Fiesta Texas.

SkyScreamer was the name of the first gen drop tower at Astroworld. Since most park-loving Houstonians head to SFFT now, that should make the confusion even worse.

SFFT: come ride the new SkyScreamer!

GP from Houston: Hooray! I wondered what happened to it! Wait... that's not the SkyScreamer, that's the Gunslinger on a stick!

Anyway, the Astroworld version had a story to go with the name: The SkyScreamer is a bat-like winged creature that swoops down from the sky and picks up unsuspecting people, takes them high into the air, and then with a siren-like WHOOP WHOOP, he drops them. The SkyScreamer drop tower had a whoop-whoop siren that sounded before the cars dropped. On opening day, they sold foam visors that said SkyScreamer across the bill. There were eyes that stuck out above the bill and bat-like black wings that stuck out from the sides.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...