TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mysterious B&M Green Wingrider Track

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Alabama Adventure is getting this coaster. But if I'm wrong, it could be SFNO, Geauga Lake, or Freestyle Music Park.

Is this the 2013 Astroworld addition that I've been hearing murmurs about in the World Wide Web community?

No guys it's not those parks... isn't it obvious? Celebration City is getting it! They're already taking down Thunderbolt to make room for it!

I do not want to see any more posting in this thread that XY Park is Out of Room or XY Park can't fit a Wing Rider. Shut up.

Well said.

I just want to second this. Anyone who will argue that a "Park is out of room, blah, blah, blah..." knows absolutely nothing about theme parks and shouldn't be posting on this forum. In short, if you're going to make this kind of argument on TPR, please go away, we don't want you here!

One only has to look at a park like Grona Lund, Blackpool, or even Knott's Berry Farm to prove that if a park wants to build a certain kind of ride bad enough, they'll MAKE room for it!

Edited by robbalvey

I'm just going to throw out Holiday World or Bluegrass Boardwalk. Both parks need a major steel coaster, and they are both relatively close to the Ohio plant. I'm not saying only parks close by can be contenders, but many people want a steel coaster at Holiday World... and Bluegrass Boardwalk got raped of it's major coaster, and this green B&M could be their answer for a new coaster.

I'm rather confident that there is not enough time for Bluegrass Boardwalk to contract B&M then have B&M design and already manufacturer a ride in a matter of a couple months.

I don't think they have even officially declared they ARE reopening it. Yes, they have the lease but I believe they are still going through the process to secure financing.

Holiday World doesn't strike me as a place that would even want a B&M... wouldn't fit in with their vibe. If there are going to be any rumors about HW getting a new coaster, it would probably be about something like an Intamin Pre-Fab.

They ARE looking into getting a steel coaster and I believe Dan has even said they are willing to spend as much as $20 million for it.....but B&M might not be "family friendly" enough for them...although Wild Eagle does only have a 50" height requirement.

I don't see a steel coaster ever going into HW. I could see BB getting one however. The Koch family did say BB will have a family friendly atmosphere. I'm not sure if that mean family rides in general.

They ARE looking into getting a steel coaster and I believe Dan has even said they are willing to spend as much as $20 million for it.....but B&M might not be "family friendly" enough for them...although Wild Eagle does only have a 50" height requirement.

Even 50" height requirement is just about pushing a B&M out of "family friendly" range. Wouldn't surprise me if a custom Euro-fighter makes it to Holiday World, especially if it's anything like Dare Devil Dive at SFOG.

However I could be wrong. Who would have thought a small park like HW would put in a monster like Voyage or something along the likes of Pilgrim's Plunge?

Does anyone see Six Flags Mexico as a possibility? They seem like they are in a good need of a new coaster, and the track looks very Green Lantern/Riddler to me, and if it was it would likely go to a Six Flags Park or Warner Bros. Park.

They are getting Pandemonium already.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a feeling those tracks are going to CedarPoint!!

I'm still betting on an overseas park....the new CEO isn't Kinzel after all & is less inclined to build expensive coasters especially to win a "coaster count crown" against a park that's thousands of miles away from CP,those days are long gone.

^I'm not saying I think it's going to CP, but Kinzel leaving the company certainly doesn't rule out that park by any stretch of the imagination. After all, it's been what, 5 years since the last coaster? Sure, there is a huge chance it's going overseas. I certainly wouldn't be surprised, but citing Kinzel's retirement doesn't remove the possibility of the park adding another coaster in the next year or two.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the next winged coaster longer than 3000ft and 100ft tall. i'm sorry but all of these seem like a toned down version of X a majic mountain. Ur feet dangle JUST LIKE X, the seats are on both sides of the track, JUST LIKE X, The only difference is still X spins, so i dont see what the big deal is about these coasters if u have ridden X. I know that Swarm, Wild Eagle and the other one from sfga all seem too darn short in length and not tall or fast enough.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the next winged coaster longer than 3000ft and 100ft tall. i'm sorry but all of these seem like a toned down version of X a majic mountain. Ur feet dangle JUST LIKE X, the seats are on both sides of the track, JUST LIKE X, The only difference is still X spins, so i dont see what the big deal is about these coasters if u have ridden X. I know that Swarm, Wild Eagle and the other one from sfga all seem too darn short in length and not tall or fast enough.

This is B&M, not Arrow Dynamics. Although it can be argued that a 4D coaster is basically just a tricked out wingrider, the difference in manufacturer is a big one. How many times have you ridden X/X2? It's my favorite ride (and at my home park), but man it can be rough sometimes. Not only that, but it's had tons of reliability issues over the years. I haven't been on any of the B&M wingriders yet, but from what I'm hearing, they're pretty darn smooth. This is a big deal, considering these wingriders are coming from one of the world's largest coaster manufacturers, and are going to grow in numbers. How many 4D coasters are there in the world again?

Smoothness + reliability > a slightly more extreme ride.

I have a feeling those tracks are going to CedarPoint!!

I'm still betting on an overseas park....the new CEO isn't Kinzel after all & is less inclined to build expensive coasters especially to win a "coaster count crown" against a park that's thousands of miles away from CP,those days are long gone.

You have to remember that this project will have been in the works for quite a few years and so would be a product of the Kinzel era as opposed to the new CEO.

As for my personal opinion, I think that the second pic looks exactly like the piece of track about halfway down Shambahala's drop where the support meets the track except possibly angled more in the area of 80-85 degrees than 75.

I say it's going to a cedar fair park !!!! But which one ...*(thinking)*...

Notice how it says "country of origin USA"I'm not certain of wether or not Hair raiser's track had that description vs. say WE's or XF's track during fabricationso that leads me to believe it's going overseas.Also look at the steepness of that one element & it's connection to the support.It certainly looks like a terrain coaster to me rather than one you'd see of this type as an SF style parking lot coaster.

That,and the early production time says overseas(probably China) to me for this project,of course it could still be destined for a US park so this should be interesting to see as the months go by & more details emerge about this ride.