TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I haven't been to sfog in 10 years. Does anybody know how well Great American Scream Machine is running? It was running quite smooth when I went.

My last ride was during the TPR Deep South Bash, and "the water challenge." Not too bad, except for the final stop, but it's always been that way. It's probably rougher than you remember 10 years ago, but I like it. Smooth compared to the Cyclone.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone at the park tomorrow for Opening Day!

Remember, if you're one of the first 1,045 guests you'll receive a free ticket to join us on Saturday, June 16 for our 45th Anniversary Celebration.

As of today, all of the coasters should be 2-train operation with the exception of Ninja and the Great American Scream Machine. Unfortunately Cyclone will not be in operation as the Topper Track installation is still in progress.

Can't believe the 2012 season is here!

We're looking forward to seeing everyone at the park tomorrow for Opening Day!

Remember, if you're one of the first 1,045 guests you'll receive a free ticket to join us on Saturday, June 16 for our 45th Anniversary Celebration.

As of today, all of the coasters should be 2-train operation with the exception of Ninja and the Great American Scream Machine. Unfortunately Cyclone will not be in operation as the Topper Track installation is still in progress.

Can't believe the 2012 season is here!

Why are Ninja and Great American Scream Machine only running one train?

Why are Ninja and Great American Scream Machine only running one train?

compared to years in the past, that is quite an upgrade. Be happy! Ninja never really needs to run 2 trains anyways

I think people who's birthdays are the same as Six Flags should get free admission too

Is georgia cyclone slated to be open this weekend?

It will not be.

Does anyone know if georgia cyclone will be done by the second weekend of operation?

The latest date I've been told is March 31. Again, this isn't guaranteed by any means, just an update.

Just got back from a GREAT day at the park! The crews today were really pushing today. Goliath was often dispatching one train while the other would be going through the overbank over the road into the parking lot. Some observations I made today:

-Georgia Cyclone was still down. There were two guys working on the first turnaround when I walked by. I also noticed the blue train was in the station already loaded with test dummies.

-Ninja still only had the one train on the track, and had a short line in the afternoon. They even had a sign out front explaining they were only running one train. It was running an Arrow train, which has a shiny new black with red stripe paint job. I remember last year at DSB they said they were going to get a second Arrow train this year so still have to see if that happened.

-All other rides were running 2 trains today.

-Batman had three rows blocked off today, creating a 25-30 minute wait when I rode it. Rows 7-8 were reserved for Flash Pass (when did they start blocking off two rows for FP?), and IDK why row 2 was blocked off.

That's about all I guess. It seems the park is off to a great 45th year!

That's really weird they have rows blocked off for Flash Pass. It seems like a waste, two rows? I'm sure Flash Pass is more used than Quick Queue, but Quick Queue at BGW is a huge waste, so many 2nd rows of Apollo go out empty. And it's Spring so I'm sure people don't really need Flash Pass yet as the summer crowds aren't around.

-Batman had three rows blocked off today, creating a 25-30 minute wait when I rode it. Rows 7-8 were reserved for Flash Pass (when did they start blocking off two rows for FP?), and IDK why row 2 was blocked off.!

Just my opinion, but if you're going to designate rows exclusively to Flash Pass, do it in the middle of the train, not the last row. If for some reason that can't be done, keep it to every other train dispatched.

Just got back from a GREAT day at the park! The crews today were really pushing today. Goliath was often dispatching one train while the other would be going through the overbank over the road into the parking lot. Some observations I made today:

-Georgia Cyclone was still down. There were two guys working on the first turnaround when I walked by. I also noticed the blue train was in the station already loaded with test dummies.

-Ninja still only had the one train on the track, and had a short line in the afternoon. They even had a sign out front explaining they were only running one train. It was running an Arrow train, which has a shiny new black with red stripe paint job. I remember last year at DSB they said they were going to get a second Arrow train this year so still have to see if that happened.

-All other rides were running 2 trains today.

-Batman had three rows blocked off today, creating a 25-30 minute wait when I rode it. Rows 7-8 were reserved for Flash Pass (when did they start blocking off two rows for FP?), and IDK why row 2 was blocked off.

That's about all I guess. It seems the park is off to a great 45th year!

A former Arrow train? Didn't they get a train from the GASM from SFGAdv last year?

Hopefully, the retracking will be worth it.

I haven't been to sfog in 10 years. Does anybody know how well Great American Scream Machine is running? It was running quite smooth when I went.

My last ride was during the TPR Deep South Bash, and "the water challenge." Not too bad, except for the final stop, but it's always been that way. It's probably rougher than you remember 10 years ago, but I like it. Smooth compared to the Cyclone.

Just make sure you ride in a non wheel seat.

They blocked off rows 7 and 8 of Batman the Ride for Flash Pass holders - does that mean that they were essentially sending trains with those rows empty during the day?

That would be cruel if they did - "We would rather send these rows empty than fill them with normal guests"...

The Flash Pass rows for Batman: the Ride have been 7 & 8 for quite a few years now. Due to the design of the station, the Flash Pass entrance is the ride exit with a "corral" at the rear of the station. Those rows are used as they are directly in front of where Flash Pass guests are queued.

Our ride operators should send riders from row 6 to those rows if there are no Flash Pass guests waiting to board.

So, this cliche old question is for some of you SFOG experts; or at least anyone who lives closer to the park. How crowded is the park Spring Break week (April 1-7)? And which day is particularly least crowded of those?

Hope that Georgia Cyclone will be open, that would be pretty sweet.

^Definitely visit Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. The crowds always seem to pick up toward the latter part of the week and we have concerts at the park on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Easter Sunday is generally a good day to visit as well.

Can you tell me more about 'early entry' for Season Pass holders next week during Spring Break? Apparently some coasters will be available for Season Pass holders at 930AM? Does this apply to any Season Pass holder regardless of their home park? TIA.

Here is a video shot today of the Georgia Cyclone testing with the new Topper Track. I still don't have a definite confirmation of it being open to the public tomorrow, but we are definitely close!

^Regarding the Season Pass / Facebook fan ERT, any Six Flags Season Pass will grant you admission to the park early. The schedule is on the website under the Spring Break Event listing.