TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mysterious B&M Green Wingrider Track

Screamscape is giving preference to Cedar Point for a new Wing Rider, and gives a potential location:

(3/29/12) Despite what I may have heard earlier, the latest buzz going around is that Cedar Point’s 2013 coaster may very well be a new B&M Wing Coaster. It makes me wonder if those new green coaster track pieces spotted at the plant may be for The Point’s new project. As for the location, the new coaster is rumored to be located in the area between Ocean Motion and Disaster Transport, possibly in that employee parking lot and may also run along the shoreline at one point. The green color does make me wonder if this is for CP or not, as the dark green color used is close to being the same color as Raptor’s rails. Then again, when you’ve got 17 coasters, it may be hard to find a unique color for your 18th coaster.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent about 20 minutes looking at a google satelite image of Cedar Point and I still don't see where they can fit a coaster. The only way I can see it is if they build through Millenium Force or over a path, which I don't see either happening for CF's ridiculous safety reasons. Show me visual proof that I'm wrong and I'll believe you. Highlight an area where a coaster can go that CF will realistically put one.

There is plenty of room left. On the top of my head I marked six spots. Some of which would require removal of an existing thing.

1. Parking lot: This would go where there is currently a parking lot. Also above Disaster Transport and possibly on the beach.

2. Tents: Relocate tents, this would be on the beach by Windseeker

3. Antique Cars: Remove cars and relocate Cedar Downs, this would interact with Raptor and could either begin near Blue Streak, or Iron Dragon.

4. Employee Housing: Relocate housing to Sandusky or near hotels. This would begin near Iron Dragon but cross over the road by the marina.

5. Hotel Parking: Build parking garage closer to maintenance shops and have plenty of room for just about anything. The road will still exist, just travel under the coaster.

6. Back Maintenance Area: Somehow move all of this storage area somewhere else (maybe inside Mean Streak where some stuff already is, and under Gemini?) This would be a ton of room.

Very quick observations, not thought out too well or intended to be realistic, but the point is there is room at CP or a coaster. Although I am not thinking this track is for CP.

trash.PNG.a975c9bb3d8ae69a67c3a2ee3e0a5e57.PNG

CP has plenty of space. If they need space, they'll just make some. That goes for any park.

Oh and for the record, I don't think a wing coaster would be a good fit for BGW. Something about it tells me there are better rides to add. Same goes for SFOG.

BGW loves to get their hands on new coaster designsespecially B&M's & as we saw with the dive coasters put an exclusive contract on it for a few years so don't put it past them not to pick one up,they can easily market a wingrider as a fitting replacement for DF you know.

Edit:Why,if this is for CP would they need to fabricate & ship track this early...especially if it only needs to be shipped from Cincinnatti to Sandusky?

^^^They would not use any of those areas. Contrary to popular belief, there are actually a lot of valuable things outside of the park.

1. That parking lot is used by employees, and the area inside from the parking lot is the merchandise offices and employee break areas.

2. The tents don't take enough room to fit any type of roller coaster, and you also have highlighted the convention center, which is used quite often.

3. This area is too cluttered because there are bumper cars, the entrance/exit to the theater, picnic tables. There would be no room for a station or even a decent layout.

4. I know nobody likes the housing, but it is incredibly important to the company. The housing on the mainland actually gets full and Cedars is more necessary than people think, especially with the many international employees. There is literally no place they could relocate it. Every inch of the property on the peninsula is used.

5. They use that parking lot during off seasons to store coaster trains. Plus, a parking structure would just cost more money and would be much harder to maintain and clean, which would require more employees.

6. There is simply too much stuff back here to be able to just move it to a different place. Maintenance also uses this area to be able to work on things while the park is still open.

In my honest opinion, the park is completely full. That's why they haven't come up with a new coaster in so long. The only rumor that seems somewhat plausible is removing antique cars, and that's still not enough room to put a decent coaster in, and I highly doubt Cedar Point would put something in there that is not world class.

Well, Dinosaurs Alive is going on the MF island, right? Maybe CF figure's they'll weave the coaster around the island once DA tanks . They figure it'll stay interesting and worthwhile for about a year, and then it's coaster time!

The only rumor that seems somewhat plausible is removing antique cars, and that's still not enough room to put a decent coaster in, and I highly doubt Cedar Point would put something in there that is not world class.

I don't know how big they are at Cedar point, but X-Flight went where Six Flags Great America's antique cars were...

Things can be moved, rides can overlap, or they can be taken out. If the park wants a ride they will make room. Yep.

BGW loves to get their hands on new coaster designs especially B&M's & as we saw with the dive coasters put an exclusive contract on it for a few years so don't put it past them not to pick one up,they can easily market a wingrider as a fitting replacement for DF you know.

Edit:Why,if this is for CP would they need to fabricate & ship track this early...especially if it only needs to be shipped from Cincinnatti to Sandusky?

Something about a Wing Coaster doesn't scream Busch Gardens to me. I'd much rather see something else coming in (maybe one of those cool Premier launchers or something). A wing coaster would fit better at KD IMO (flying over Lake Charles and Hurricane Reef - that would look pretty sweet). Oh and the exclusive contract thing still doesn't make too much sense to me, especially if it's a contract for a few years.

A flyer would be a bit nicer, but Griffon's area seemed to be the best spot to fit one.

In my honest opinion, the park is completely full. That's why they haven't come up with a new coaster in so long. The only rumor that seems somewhat plausible is removing antique cars, and that's still not enough room to put a decent coaster in, and I highly doubt Cedar Point would put something in there that is not world class.

If CP really wants it, they'll make room for it. No park is ever completely full. They managed to shoehorn Maverick, Shoot the Rapids, Dinosaurs, and Windseeker into the park. I'm pretty sure there's plenty more places to fit any potential new coaster.

I wonder if anaconda's days are numbered?The ride hasn't been repainted in years& they started in 2010 but never finished so a wingrider on the lake would be a good idea but of course they have more land to play with south of rebel yell than they know what to do with but I don't see themgetting a new coaster until 2014 at the earliest.

My vote for this new track is some park outside of the US. I can't see a US park getting track for a 2013 coaster this soon. What park, I have no idea, though somewhere in China is a likely guess.

dt

Since such a high % of new coasters over the past few years have been built in China, I concur.

4. I know nobody likes the housing, but it is incredibly important to the company. The housing on the mainland actually gets full and Cedars is more necessary than people think, especially with the many international employees. There is literally no place they could relocate it. Every inch of the property on the peninsula is used.

I know they just got a relocated coaster last year, but has anyone thought of Six Flags Great Adventure? I think I spotted a rumor somewhere deep into the internet that there was a possibility for them to get a new coaster.

There's a rumor that Bizarro will enter the Ride Rotation program and be replaced by a spiffy new Wing Rider, but this has about as much evidence as all the other WR-related rumors. AKA:

I know they just got a relocated coaster last year, but has anyone thought of Six Flags Great Adventure? I think I spotted a rumor somewhere deep into the internet that there was a possibility for them to get a new coaster.

There's a rumor somewhere deep into the internet for every park getting a new coaster.

I'm just going to throw out Holiday World or Bluegrass Boardwalk. Both parks need a major steel coaster, and they are both relatively close to the Ohio plant. I'm not saying only parks close by can be contenders, but many people want a steel coaster at Holiday World... and Bluegrass Boardwalk got raped of it's major coaster, and this green B&M could be their answer for a new coaster.

I'm just going to throw out Holiday World or Bluegrass Boardwalk. Both parks need a major steel coaster, and they are both relatively close to the Ohio plant. I'm not saying only parks close by can be contenders, but many people want a steel coaster at Holiday World... and Bluegrass Boardwalk got raped of it's major coaster, and this green B&M could be their answer for a new coaster.

I'm rather confident that there is not enough time for Bluegrass Boardwalk to contract B&M then have B&M design and already manufacturer a ride in a matter of a couple months.

Holiday World doesn't strike me as a place that would even want a B&M... wouldn't fit in with their vibe. If there are going to be any rumors about HW getting a new coaster, it would probably be about something like an Intamin Pre-Fab.

I'm rather confident that there is not enough time for Bluegrass Boardwalk to contract B&M then have B&M design and already manufacturer a ride in a matter of a couple months.

I don't think they have even officially declared they ARE reopening it. Yes, they have the lease but I believe they are still going through the process to secure financing.

Holiday World doesn't strike me as a place that would even want a B&M... wouldn't fit in with their vibe. If there are going to be any rumors about HW getting a new coaster, it would probably be about something like an Intamin Pre-Fab.

They ARE looking into getting a steel coaster and I believe Dan has even said they are willing to spend as much as $20 million for it.....but B&M might not be "family friendly" enough for them...although Wild Eagle does only have a 50" height requirement.