TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Everybody buy more Hershey bars so we can get more Hersheypark!

I'm sure you were making a funny... but for those that don't know. You could buy all of the candy bars you want, and Hersheypark would not see one red cent of the money. Different companies.

If a ride is awesome enough, I feel like a short run-time would actually help a coaster out. Take Storm Runner for example. The whole thing is over in about a minute, but once you hit that brake run you're just blown away and can't make heads or tails of what just happened... and then of course get right back on to try and figure it out!

^That's a good point. I think there's a point where shorter is better. Some coasters that are just too long get pretty boring (Superman at SFA?). And nobody complains about the length of Storm runner, which is actually 1000' shorter than Skyrush. I doubt 'being a short ride' will be anyone's complaint about this coaster.

^ Two reasons why that's correct:

1. From what exists, 'Mega-Lite' refers to a fairly specific layout. It's much more accurate to call I305 a super-sized Mega-Lite than it is to call Skyrush one. It fits into the more general Mega category.

2. Google's definition of 'lite' is "Of or relating to low-fat or low-sugar versions of manufactured food or drink products." If you eat a super-sized portion of 'lite' food, it's like you had the regular kind anyway.

^ Just based off of other parks, quite low. Two years ago I saw about 20 cars parked at SFGAm on Easter Sunday.

That many? Easter Sunday that year was on April 4th, but the park didn't open until April 24th. Not sure where you get your facts from? Unless they were employee cars, Six Flags Great America wasn't open that early in the year of 2010.

That's a good point. I think there's a point where shorter is better.

???

I've never ridden a good coaster and said "Man, I wish this thing would end already."

Some coasters that are just too long get pretty boring (Superman at SFA?).

I, among many people, think Superman at SFA is an elite steel coaster. Boring?

And nobody complains about the length of Storm runner, which is actually 1000' shorter than Skyrush.

I, among many people, don't think Storm Runner's all that great because of its short circuit. I would argue that it's the main knock on Storm Runner. It's a tease that you wait too long for. The payoff is not worth the wait.

I doubt 'being a short ride' will be anyone's complaint about this coaster.

I think Skryrush's layout, now that it's constructed, looks phenomenal. But I think that if there is to be a knock on this ride, it will be its length.

Edited by Magnum PA

Are we really arguing over peoples opinions? .:Facepalm:.

He used an odd opinion as the basis of an argument about people's general soon to be opinions of Skyrush. What's wrong with disputing that? And to say that nobody complains about Storm Runner being too short - well that's just incorrect, isn't it?

Let the moderators moderate.

Edited by Magnum PA

I'm really disappointed that SkyRush only has a one word name. I find that I enjoy coasters with multi-word names much more (Superman: Ride of Steel, Intimidator i305, El Toro, The Voyage, Boulder Dash, Space Mountain, Taxi Jam, Dragon Wagon, Wacky worm, etc.). Just look at how much better "Intimidator i305" was than "Intimidator". What was Hershey thinking?

I gotta say, this thread has almost been as entertaining as the KD thread was while 305 was being built. (Cue AJ flipping out because SkyRush was compared to 305 again )

STOP THAT RIGHT NOW.

Sorry, I flipped out a little there. I mean, I'm totally over it. It's an obvious comparison, completely. They both have yellow, they're both made by Intamin, they both have station plat...STOP COMPARING THEM!

^^They both have a tight turn following a drop, they both have four airtime hills, they both have the same twistiness throughout their layout, they both have the same lift support structure and placement, they both double back on themselves, they both use fast low-to-the-ground turns between their bigger elements, they both have the double-spine track and box supports, they both have steep and fast lifts...

Not sure what the problem is comparing them, considering that they're made by the same manufacturer and are more or less the same type of ride, minus a height difference. Different layouts, plenty of very clear similarities. Just like the airtime hill - turn - crossing airtime hill - turn on Skyrush isn't new (see: Rita, Desert Race, Formula Rossa, etc.) and can be seen in other Intamin rides built in the last decade or so, you can see the general trend that Intamins are following today (fast, relentless, twisty) very apparently in both this and I305.

Dude, I was joking, calm down.

Has Hersheypark gotten ready for Springtime yet? I'd think that the other coasters would start testing by now.