Alabama Adventure Discussion Thread

Rampage could open in August 2014!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Alabama Adventure Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:38 pm

^ Right, but don't you put some of the blame on Knott's? I mean, parks that seem to have taken good care of their CCI woodies include: Holiday World, Martin's Fantasy Island, Cliff's Amusement Park, Lake Compounce, Wild Adventures, Waterville USA, Indiana Beach, Funtown/Splashtown, Oakwood, Adventureland, Silverwood, and I'd even argue that Michigan's Adventure, Six Flags St. Louis', Parc Asterix's, and even Alabama Adventure's CCI's are still running "ok." Hell, our 2009 ERT on Rampage were some INSANE HOLY F**K rides!

Seriously, yeah, they require a lot of love and care, and there have been some horror stories about them, but if all these other parks are able to keep their woodies running at least "above average", why can't Knott's, Six Flags Mexico, PortAvenutra, Mt Olympus, or any other park that has an older CCI that rides rough as hell?

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dragon Khan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:53 pm

^agreed on maintenance problem. My once favourite woodie Tonnerre de Zeus was such a letdown last summer... I really hope they return it to its former glory, just as much as Stampida, but I have a feeling for this one, the Kumbak trains are what really screwed up the ride (of course, seaside weather doesn't help)
Top woodies: 1: Outlaw Run / 2: BoulderDash / 3: El Toro / 4: Phoenix / 5: Tonnerre de Zeus
Top Steelies: 1: DRAGON KHAN / 2: Expedition Geforce / 3: Top Thrill Dragster/ 4: Goliath (Holland) / 5: Superman (Madrid)

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:29 pm

The thing with CCIs is in order to sell rides as cheap as possible they cut corners. Rampage had to have a lot of additional bracing added over the years. Think about the amount of work some of their other rides had to have done to them. Boulder Dash had to be completely re-tracked and have some support sections completely rebuilt just a few seasons after opening. They can be properly maintained, but you have to commit to spending the time and money in order to keep them running well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:37 pm

robbalvey wrote:^ Right, but don't you put some of the blame on Knott's? I mean, parks that seem to have taken good care of their CCI woodies include: Holiday World, Martin's Fantasy Island, Cliff's Amusement Park, Lake Compounce, Wild Adventures, Waterville USA, Indiana Beach, Funtown/Splashtown, Oakwood, Adventureland, Silverwood, and I'd even argue that Michigan's Adventure, Six Flags St. Louis', Parc Asterix's, and even Alabama Adventure's CCI's are still running "ok." Hell, our 2009 ERT on Rampage were some INSANE HOLY F**K rides!

Seriously, yeah, they require a lot of love and care, and there have been some horror stories about them, but if all these other parks are able to keep their woodies running at least "above average", why can't Knott's, Six Flags Mexico, PortAvenutra, Mt Olympus, or any other park that has an older CCI that rides rough as hell?

That ERT was absolutely amazing!!!! It's really sad going to Knott's and Mt Olympus and knowing how good those rides were/could be. It's too bad that this is happening. I thought they would be able to pull through and turn the park around. The prices are way too high, but that's sales. Start high and hope for the best. Maybe Prince Desmond has a little extra money to save Rampage as well!

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Didn't they put in a Shoot the Chutes this year? I didn't see that listed. But it's good to know the giant wheel is self erecting.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 pm

^Yes. There are seven rides not listed. They are the three water rides, Rampage, the S&S tower, two kiddie rides, and the Huss Enterprise.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:51 pm

^ Ahh, thanks. So it seems totally plausible they could be pulling a Mt. Olympus. Concentrate mostly on the water park and have a few amusement rides for when you want out of the water.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby 99er » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote: It'll be interesting to see how long the water park lasts.

Sadly, I don't see it being long because of who is running the park. If the original buyer would have got the park, then I would have a lot of faith but not with Kent at the helm.
-Chris

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:17 pm

AFE originally actually had a plan in place if the park had not been sold they were going to sell off a few rides in an effort to bring operating costs in line with the parks recent attendance.
Last edited by CoasterGuy06 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:05 pm.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby twilight79 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:12 am

So.. Whats the deal with Alabama Adventure this year? I see that they are selling the dry rides and the dry park will not open this year! Is the selling of the dry rides to make room for newer better ones? or are they just trying to earn as much as they can for this last season, anybody know? they don't communicate with facebook any more.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!