Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 670 - Hersheypark Announces "Laff Trakk" for 2015
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby angelport » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:57 pm

My boyfriend thinks Skyrush looks amazing. I asked him why, and he said it's because the ride has so much packed into it, and that the airtime will be different than your normal airtime... Whatever THAT means. lol :roll:

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Thom25 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:27 pm

LOL - It means that the airtime will / could be "ejector" airtime vs floater. We'll know a lot more when the ride starts testing, but Skyrush really looks to be one of the most intense coasters on the planet, not to mention 2012.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby imawesome1124 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:33 pm

Thom25 wrote:LOL - It means that the airtime will / could be "ejector" airtime vs floater. We'll know a lot more when the ride starts testing, but Skyrush really looks to be one of the most intense coasters on the planet, not to mention 2012.

I wouldn't say one of the most intense on the planet just yet. I think it will definately be most intense of 2012 though. I think it has potential to be really intense, but I want to wait until I see it test first.

Postby Thom25 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:47 pm

I agree we need to see a test run, but the numbers really do speak for themselves. The lift is 19 MPH, with a first drop almost the same as Magnums. The second hill of Skyrush (80 feet) is HALF as tall as Magnums (157 feet) second hill. Then looking at how over-banked and beefy everything else is, only leads me to believe the ride is going to fly throughout the course in a similar fashion to I305. Like the rest of us, I can't wait to see this bad boy in action, but you can mark my words, this will be a world class ride (imho).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby imawesome1124 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:56 pm

I have no question it will be a world class ride, and I bet we will be seeing this mentioned alongside the heavyweights of the steel coasters, Bizarro, Expedition GeForce, I305, Goliath(Walibi World), you get the picture.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby FaithnotForgotten » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:23 am

Thom25 wrote:I agree we need to see a test run, but the numbers really do speak for themselves. The lift is 19 MPH, with a first drop almost the same as Magnums. The second hill of Skyrush (80 feet) is HALF as tall as Magnums (157 feet) second hill. Then looking at how over-banked and beefy everything else is, only leads me to believe the ride is going to fly throughout the course in a similar fashion to I305. Like the rest of us, I can't wait to see this bad boy in action, but you can mark my words, this will be a world class ride (imho).

Why are we comparing this to an Arrow Hyper? Also the lift is 18mph, 17.7272mph if we want to get specific :)
2014 Team Leader : Thunder Canyon

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby TXman308 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:31 am

Why are we comparing this to an Arrow Hyper

He's trying to say that Skyrush will fly over the first airtime hill, comparing it to magnum which just gets over its first hill. ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby angelport » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:05 pm

I went to Cedar Point and rode the Magnum. It was a pretty long ago but I don't remember the first hill didn't seem as steep as the one on the Skyrush. And the seats are different, too. So I think it's alot different.

Postby Thom25 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 pm

As TXman correctly pointed out, I was comparing Skyrush's size to Magnums' and nothing else. Magnum's second hill is half that of Skyrush, therefore the train on Skyrush will FLY over the second hill producing significant airtime. I am not comparing the two rides, that are 25 years apart in age, and light years apart in design.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby TXman308 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:49 am

Thom25 wrote:As TXman correctly pointed out, I was comparing Skyrush's size to Magnums' and nothing else. Magnum's second hill is half that of Skyrush, therefore the train on Skyrush will FLY over the second hill producing significant airtime. I am not comparing the two rides, that are 25 years apart in age, and light years apart in design.

I think you meant Skyrush's second hill is half that of Magnum's. ;)
Has there been any word on a pull through yet?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!