TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mysterious B&M Green Wingrider Track

What's the current fabrication situation for US versus Europe versus Asia?

So far I only see US parks being mentioned, does this plant manufacture for overseas at all?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I was looking through the "Mysterious Yellow B&M" thread of so long ago and I believe Ocean Park's Hair Raiser was manufactured at the Ohio plant. Same goes for Oz'Iris' blue track for Parc Asterix.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SharkTums - Isn't the B&M plant in Ohio the only B&M plant?

Edge of Beast - With the new guy - I think he is from Disney - CF might get some better theming. Even ignoring that, Shoot the Rapids has some theming elements, and Cedar Fair left many of the elements in from the Paramount Parks instead of getting rid of the theming with the ride names. And honestly, I think that the opportunities for the Wing Rider trains give so many near misses that it is hard to not put some theming on them (like on the twist on X-Flight where the train goes sideways through a control tower in the renderings). The only Wing Rider that doesn't have a lot of theming is Wild Eagle, but in my opinion that is supposed to be a kind of wooded ride with a bit of an emphasis on inversions (admittedly, X-Flight and Swarm have the most inversions, but Wild Eagle has a more conventional layout). Plus, Wild Eagle has some support near-misses as I can tell.

What does that Heide Park sign translate to?

Edited by GigaG

^^Now that CF is under Matt Ouimet it might be a different ball game altogether. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm sure whatever plans Cedar Point had lined up for the future, Ouimet will see it through before he moves on with his own plan.

The colors scream Six Flags to me, but for some reason I see this thing either going overseas or to Cedar Point.

Edited by swiver

^^Now that CF is under Matt Ouimet it might be a different ball game altogether. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm sure Cedar Point had a lot of future plans lined up before ownership changed, and Ouimet will see it through before he moves on with his own plan.

The colors scream Six Flags to me, but for some reason I see this thing either going overseas or to Cedar Point.

What does that Heide Park sign translate to?

IT's big. IT's fast. IT's coming. Closer and closer and closer.

German premiere 2014 [presumably the first of its kind in Germany... whatever IT may be]. Here. At Heide Park Resort.

Although I do realize now that right now is a bit early for track fabrication to start for something opening in 2014. My mistake; I guess I was a bit eager to put two and two together.

I highly think this will go to a Cedar Fair park... it's just in my head for some reason since I think most Six Flags parks have gotten at least one or two new additions these past years. The only thing Cedar Fair Parks have gotten are StarFlyers (Windseeker) and/or at least one new coaster... Of course these pieces could be going international and that picture UrbanLegend provide us can be giving us a clue.

In conclusion this is what I think: These pieces could be going to a Cedar Fair park in the Mid-West/Eastern part of the U.S.A

If a SF park gets this I will bang my head on the wall for being such an idiotic thinker

While the Heide lead sounds legitimate, it seems VERY early for them to be producing track for a 2014 opening. That said, I have a feeling it's an overseas job ( this said, even as much as I would love to see SFA get a Wingrider, considering the sort of " big-guns" their competitors have built that last few years.)

^CP makes sense, given the time it's been since they built a new coaster and the fact SFMM will be regaining the crown next year.

^^I doubt SFA, they got Apocalypse this year, so they probably won't get another "new" coaster for awhile.

Is it considered early for a manufacturer to be spitting out track this early in the year for a coaster opening by the earliest next year, or is this normal?

With the Ohio plant being the only spot B&M's are manufactured, I would say this isn't too early for track to be coming out for 2013. I know years ago, it was mentioned that they only produced 3 coasters per year. However, I believe they have 6 opening this year (5 for sure). It doesn't seem as though their facilities have doubled so I guess they just fabricate the structure as quickly as they can now.

This is all based on what I've heard, so take it with a grain of salt

I don't think they'll bother with Green Lantern again since the movie flopped.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we're looking at The Joker!

Think: new Dark Knight movie this year...so doesn't that fit the bill perfectly? Otherwise, I think it will be Riddler-themed. But seriously, that's as close as I think I'll get.

I dunno....I kinda feel as if this may be for the overseas market since it's way too early for the US market to be ordering rides of this caliber for 2013.Remember how long it took for the mystery "yellow" B&M to finally be built? & we all know where that ended up now don't we?

Now this could very well be something for SFM since they have yet to announce & pandamonium hasn't even been shipped out yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is for an oversea park considering how early they are manufacturing it.

I'm going to stick with this as well. I don't see B&M having a plant massive enough to simultaneously build several coasters. Who knows how many B&M's will roll out next year, but if its a high number like this year (6), I think B&M would try to pace themselves and line up what they fabricate in a particular order. A ride going overseas will take a lot more time to transport, so I see foreign rides going out more quickly.

As for where exactly, has the 2013 Happy Valley line-up been confirmed yet? Wouldn't at all surprise me to see one in China.

Not to sound like a fanboy here, but... Is there a possibility that this could be the next coaster for Valleyfair? Looking back, the four parks in the Cedar Fair chain that have gone the longest without a new coaster are CGA, CP, Michigan's Adventure, and VF (unless you count the recycled dragon coaster). CGA is rumored to get a GCI, so I don't see this going there. CP deserves something better. Michigan seems like too small of a park for them to put this expensive of a ride in, but who knows.

Obviously, there's a large chance that this is going to another country all together, but if it is a US park, I think we'd be silly to rule out Cedar Fair, and parks besides Cedar Point. With no new addition this year, and family-oriented additions the past few years, I think 2013 could be the year for a coaster, and I wouldn't be shocked if Cedar Fair chose to try one out at VF. It's a relatively new style, and it would add to the hole in the parks coaster lineup (modern looping coaster).

Personally, I'd rather have something forcefull and intense from Intamin down the road, but I think there's a remote possibility that this is headed to Minnesota.

Gonna add some fuel here: Wingrider track + Green = Green Lantern for SFoT, maybe?

SFOT just got the New Texas Giant last year. I wouldn't expect anything new and 'amazing' for a few more years. Plus the park is pretty landlocked, not tons of space to go around anymore.

You must not forget they own the strip mall that is designated for demo and if the new swirled up rumors hold true about the rang leaving and an expanded DC Universe, it's plausible. I mean let's face it, before NTAG, I believe Titan was their last major attraction and its 10 years old now. Six Flags is also said to want to add something new and different to each of their parks each year in some fashion.

I forget who X-Works translates to though. Maybe someone else does.

What is Six Flags going to do with this strip mall? There are 2 properties between this strip mall and the park. Even if they put parking there, they have to go through 360 and it looks pretty far even for a tram.

The only thing that turns me off from Valley Fair! is the fact that they already have a massive lime green coaster. From a design perspective, why would you ask for a similar color scheme for your new coaster? Furthermore, Cedar Point seems like the most likely customer here. Maybe Cedar Fair's new president saw the missed opportunity of the Flying coasters and wants to snatch up this prospect?

If Cedar Fair really wanted a Flyer, they would purchase a Flyer. There's nothing stopping a park from ordering any B&M model that they want. Hell, if CF wanted another stand-up somewhere, B&M isn't going to say "Sorry, we only manufactured those from 1990-1999. You'll have to pick another model." B&M would gladly take Cedar Fair's money. (Although I could be completely butt-talking here ; who knows if they still have the machinery capable of making the trains for all their different ride styles).

That being said, they'd be more likely to buy a Wing Rider, since that's the hot new thing now.

The only thing that turns me off from Valley Fair! is the fact that they already have a massive lime green coaster. From a design perspective, why would you ask for a similar color scheme for your new coaster? Furthermore, Cedar Point seems like the most likely customer here. Maybe Cedar Fair's new president saw the missed opportunity of the Flying coasters and wants to snatch up this prospect?

Cedar Point has a massive lime green coaster too. Or just a green one at that.

What about Worlds of Fun? In 2013, it will have been four years since they've got a major addition. They've done things like the carousel, planet snoopy, and park improvements since 2009, but no "big" ride.

Before knowing about this green track, I had been dreaming of Worlds of Fun getting a green Wingrider. No joke.

I hate to sound like a fanboy as well...but if CF were to try the wingrider model, then I could very much see them putting one at VF. For starters, the park is WAY overdue for a major high-thrill attraction (I think this is the longest streak without a new coaster since 1989-1996). Also, the size of the current wingriders, and what we have seen them do thus far, would make a perfect coaster at a smaller park like VF. Whether this is for VF or not (and at this point, I try not to get my hopes up), I would certainly hope we will be seeing a modern looping coaster at the park within the next two years.