TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Here is an update on the Mad T Party that will be going into DCA:

Disney Parks Blog

It’s Almost ‘T’ Time at Disney California Adventure Park!

posted on March 23rd, 2012 by Robin Trowbridge, Entertainment Show Director, Disneyland Resort.

Beginning June 15, Disney California Adventure park guests will be invited to step through the Rabbit Hole and into an all-new fantastical world filled with music, games, dancing and fun for whole family!

mtp118932LARGE.jpg.5d4d2897ff0a75134b8807e8e3a3eec2.jpg

At the Mad T Party, you’ll be able to party the night away with a wild and wonderful cast of characters. Would you like to meet them? I thought you might!

First of all, there’s our very own Mad T Party Band …

ban228942LARGE.jpg.21e1fdf5111b723d2a549925d25c1303.jpg

… which provides the most awesome array of party tune favorites, and each member of the band has his or her own superlative sense of style!

Here’s our lineup:

Mad Hatter – the host with a hat … and a voice to “TOP” it all off!

March Hare – pumpin’ up the bass!

Dormouse – rockin’ out on lead guitar!

Caterpillar – jammin’ on the keys!

Cheshire Cat – smiling and keepin’ a beat on the drums!

And, what would a Mad T Party be without Alice herself? Lucky for us, she “drops in” for her own special moment in the spotlight!

You’re going to love this band – they absolutely know how to get down, get “MAD” and rock the park! But there are more to meet … and more who want to meet you!

rab338194LARGE.thumb.jpg.8bf5c5a35d2051f64f8bed4d4e72efe0.jpg

This one knows how to keep you hoppin’ with rockin’ remixes … and all the latest party hits! Get ready to meet … the White Rabbit DJ!

twe448922LARGE.thumb.jpg.18a1bf86ef168d64eb74f6fa843f18da.jpg

Prior to entering the Rabbit Hole, this party-loving pair will help get you ready for a night of frabjous fun! I’m talking about … Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!

dec558922LARGE.jpg.5956668d319ad2fac96d09b7e9eb1f73.jpg

And no matter how you deal ‘em, these dancers make for a full house of shufflin’ dance floor fun at the Mad T Party! It’s the Hottest Deck in Town!

hat668932LARGE.thumb.jpg.1f7716e2716c84df48afd17e2d0cfe60.jpg

During the day, as you make your way through the park, you might come across these helpful hosts, who will give you the latest scoop and share some secrets about the Mad T Party … the Hatters!

Believe me, there are plenty of sensational surprises in store when the Mad T Party begins June 15, 2012.

There’s lots to do before we’re ready for you!

But ready we’ll be, when it’s time for “T.”

So get ready … to go “MAD” at Disney California Adventure park this summer!

This could go either way for me. The atmosphere looked cool, but these characters are a bit..out there, haha.

Oh god, that looks horrible. I hope it's better in person than those sketches and descriptions make it sound.

I was worried when the playlist was posted, but this just seems like a geriatric wedding band trying to be hip and edgy.

Yeah, Cars Land good. Mad Tea Party bad. (At least from what I've seen so far.) Electronica is something I probably would've at least checked out; but the Tea Party, probably not.

Okay, any hope I had of Mad T Party being decent just went away. I'll be sure to give that one a miss. As for Cars Land, it looks like a great addition and the thing that will complete DCA. I don't know that it would be worth traveling to California to visit it (especially for those that have been to WDW and ridden Test Track), but it might make DCA worth more than the half-day it currently deserves. Radiator Springs Racers looks like it could be DCA's best ride (except for California Screamin'), the Flying Tires look interesting, and the third ride (Junkyard Jamboree) looks like something I'll do once and not bother with again, but the whole area just seems well done and possibility the best themed area of DCA.

I think with the addition of Alcohol it'll be better received then Light Magic, but I don't think it'll last more then the summer (gods at least I hope not, what a terrible execution!)

I think you're right--booze will probably help.

As for the costumes, they look like an odd mix-and-match of the 1970s disco and 1980s rock video fashions.

I think with the addition of Alcohol it'll be better received then Light Magic, but I don't think it'll last more then the summer (gods at least I hope not, what a terrible execution!)

I think you're right--booze will probably help.

As for the costumes, they look like an odd mix-and-match of the 1970s disco and 1980s rock video fashions.

I think the reason why Electronica went over so well, is the simple fact that electronic/dubstep music is popular. Love it or hate it. The Tea Party band better be amazing so I forget about the high drink prices.

I know it's probably dreaming, but I just wish they would bring back the food trucks like they had for Glowfest. The Greek truck they would bring in totally smokes the crappy nacho & hot dog "truck" they have set up back there now.

Here is a post fro the parks blog on the new Trolleys

Disney Parks Blog

Red Car Trolley Tests the Track at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on March 28th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

red118492LARGE.thumb.jpg.d1f46208df176e738cb8f254156d8527.jpg

Clang! Clang! Clang! … went the Red Car Trolley as it started making test runs through Hollywood Pictures Backlot (soon to be called Hollywood Land) at Disney California Adventure park recently. Take a look at these photos from Disneyland Chief Photographer Paul Hiffmeyer!

red223849LARGE.jpg.7a0dd60dcd3ad4b2fffad470568c2361.jpg

Paul also grabbed this shot from inside the trolley – check out these fun ads for some of the food and merchandise locations that will be featured on Buena Vista Street.

red338291LARGE.thumb.jpg.b64dc904b0d86247d27c45df17b1687d.jpg

The Red Car Trolley, inspired by the historic Pacific Electric Red Cars which once criss-crossed the Los Angeles area, will make its debut on June 15 when Buena Vista Street opens at Disney California Adventure park.

I think the ads inside are great! Its cool to see them advertising real places inside the park!

The current resort, including EVERYTHING they own in the Harbor/Katella lot is about 430 acres.

271327124_DisneylandResort.thumb.jpg.8605372318e108069dbb17e4602efd0f.jpg

The land they own that is the Toy Story Parking Lot and the Cast Member Parking lot is about 79 acres.

1549593729_ToyStoryLot(Owned).thumb.jpg.6b3ec2a969ecd07409be7ad031607ca3.jpg

But they will most likely buy all the land on that block eventually to make it 146 acres (If they get the whole block.) This is where the eventual third theme park will go. And it is why buying the garden walk is so essential as it connects the current resort to the expansion lot.

2011809096_ToyStoryLot(FullBlock).jpg.c45ac6f975f84a1e78aa1f8908ebbf62.jpg

The land that has the Garden Walk (which we think Disney will be buying, plus the whole block eventually) is about 41 acres. The Garden Walk would probably stay so that means that the rest of the land would probably be leveled and made into more Disney Hotels in the line of the WDW style (sprawling and not as tall)

809793318_GardenWalk.jpg.811bd68ebc0d2d1c6c79ea06d4e840e1.jpg

The land which currently has the Lion King Lot, plus the buildings in the back that they own (plus the land up front they might buy) is about 45 acres. This land also would be for more Disney Hotels as well as the new Parking Structure that would be built on on the back of this block. It would house the new Cast Member parking area, a second Guest Parking area (for those people coming from Interstate 5 Northbound (the current Mickey and Friends structure is designed for the Southbound Traveler)), the new Transportation Center (which is currently on the East end of the resort), and a connection/station to the Anaheim Mass Transit System (The city is thinking of making a monorail or something similar to ease traffic that will have a few Disneyland Resort stops.)

904638545_LionKingLot.jpg.bb5b5bff3d03c86264306e3d20ae8c16.jpg

There is also a smaller lot north of the Lion King lot that has two more plots but I don't see Disney really pushing for that land as much. Its about 20 acres total and I did not include it into any of my calculations. But if they were to buy it, it would be more Hotels or Resort Support Facilities.

2077348893_ExtraLand.jpg.ca50d5be3bbf2b432e474ed48fad6813.jpg

So here is a map of all the land together (remember this is an estimate of what they would probably buy when the time comes to expand the Parks, Hotels and Resort) and that would make the Resort an estimated total of 661 acres. (681 if you include that extra lot)

1755204573_PossibleTotalResortBuildOut.jpg.e604bed794529f34a3be4ef0a484614b.jpg

So there is the likely expansion we will eventually see for Disneyland and what will most likely be built on the land they buy. Any other questions? Hahaha

Also, the tool I used to calculate all the area was this tool.

That is seriously impressive work. Thanks for postin the info. I had no idea they had that much land to potentially work with over the coming years.

I dropped by the Garden Walk during Wonder Con, and man, that is one seriously depressing mall. It would indeed be great to see Disney get ahold of that area and transform it.

The current resort, including EVERYTHING they own in the Harbor/Katella lot is about 430 acres.

[attachment=6]Disneyland Resort.jpg[/attachment]

The land they own that is the Toy Story Parking Lot and the Cast Member Parking lot is about 79 acres.

[attachment=5]Toy Story Lot (Owned).jpg[/attachment]

But they will most likely buy all the land on that block eventually to make it 146 acres (If they get the whole block.) This is where the eventual third theme park will go. And it is why buying the garden walk is so essential as it connects the current resort to the expansion lot.

[attachment=4]Toy Story Lot (Full Block).jpg[/attachment]

The land that has the Garden Walk (which we think Disney will be buying, plus the whole block eventually) is about 41 acres. The Garden Walk would probably stay so that means that the rest of the land would probably be leveled and made into more Disney Hotels in the line of the WDW style (sprawling and not as tall)

[attachment=3]Garden Walk.jpg[/attachment]

The land which currently has the Lion King Lot, plus the buildings in the back that they own (plus the land up front they might buy) is about 45 acres. This land also would be for more Disney Hotels as well as the new Parking Structure that would be built on on the back of this block. It would house the new Cast Member parking area, a second Guest Parking area (for those people coming from Interstate 5 Northbound (the current Mickey and Friends structure is designed for the Southbound Traveler)), the new Transportation Center (which is currently on the East end of the resort), and a connection/station to the Anaheim Mass Transit System (The city is thinking of making a monorail or something similar to ease traffic that will have a few Disneyland Resort stops.)

[attachment=2]Lion King Lot.jpg[/attachment]

There is also a smaller lot north of the Lion King lot that has two more plots but I don't see Disney really pushing for that land as much. Its about 20 acres total and I did not include it into any of my calculations. But if they were to buy it, it would be more Hotels or Resort Support Facilities.

[attachment=0]Extra Land.jpg[/attachment]

So here is a map of all the land together (remember this is an estimate of what they would probably buy when the time comes to expand the Parks, Hotels and Resort) and that would make the Resort an estimated total of 661 acres. (681 if you include that extra lot)

[attachment=1]Possible Total Resort Build Out.jpg[/attachment]

So there is the likely expansion we will eventually see for Disneyland and what will most likely be built on the land they buy. Any other questions? Hahaha

Also, the tool I used to calculate all the area was this tool.

Thank you for the information!! That is a cool website, But would DIsneyland be able to buy that surrounding land?