TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

it's fun playing the "what if" game, its ALL speculation and rumors at this point, thank several of the sites out there for their "rumors" section for generating the words.. but it just takes a few posts here and there on boards to get it circulating and to the point where it is now. I don't believe the rumor that the coaster is leaving the park, and if it IS true, I am still standing my ground saying I don't want a used coaster, this park needs a Hyper /giga coaster more than anything. and honestly I won't be content until it happens and I also won't hold my breath that it's going to happen. which makes these rumors and speculations all the more fun to go along with. besides, it makes for some interesting posts and debates in my opinion..

First, I just want to say that when I initially brought up the whole Bizarro topic, I never meant to imply that there was a rumor that the ride was headed to SFStL. I was only saying that there was a rumor that the ride would be getting relocated to another park. I was only saying that I thought SFStL would be the best potential candidate. Also, of course rumors are always just that: rumors. However, some rumors come from a more credible source, whereas others just start from someone making a comment on a message board somewhere. This particular rumor was brought up on Screamscape. Lance Hart, the editor of Screamscape has an extensive network of industry personnel from which he gets his information, and I do know that he is very picky about who he hears information from, and also how many sources he hears it from, before he bothers to post something on his site. But still that shouldn't suggest that it is any more than a rumor. I'm just saying that this one probably comes from a slightly more credible source. Anyway...

While Bizarro would make a nice addition to SFSTL, I don't see it happening for a couple reasons. The first being, I can't think of a place in the park where it could be placed. The park is very hilly, and looking at Google Maps, the only possible place might be the picnic grove. The second is that it is too large of a coaster for a park the size of SFSTL. The park already has a sit-down looping coaster, a B&M invert, and a launched coaster. For a park the size of SFSTL, a floorless coaster wouldn't be a good decision IMO, and if it were added, I think it would have the popularity issues that it faces at SFGADV.

I think it's already been demonstrated well enough that Bizarro could easily fit into the spot to the east of Tidal Wave (which, as mentioned before, would help rejuvenate that area of the park). Also, I can't agree that the coaster is "too large" for SFStL. And I certainly don't think it would have popularity issues. It's relatively popular enough at SFGAdv (I went on a Monday and waited in line for half an hour), and that is in a park where it is competing for attention with an arsenal of 4 other B&Ms, along with some other massive monsters (Ka and El Toro). At a park like SFStL, it would be one of the premiere attractions, and would certainly garner more attention and popularity. Just my thoughts.

First, I just want to say that when I initially brought up the whole Bizarro topic, I never meant to imply that there was a rumor that the ride was headed to SFStL. I was only saying that there was a rumor that the ride would be getting relocated to another park. I was only saying that I thought SFStL would be the best potential candidate. Also, of course rumors are always just that: rumors. However, some rumors come from a more credible source, whereas others just start from someone making a comment on a message board somewhere. This particular rumor was brought up on Screamscape. Lance Hart, the editor of Screamscape has an extensive network of industry personnel from which he gets his information, and I do know that he is very picky about who he hears information from, and also how many sources he hears it from, before he bothers to post something on his site. But still that shouldn't suggest that it is any more than a rumor. I'm just saying that this one probably comes from a slightly more credible source.

I completely understand where you are coming from with Screamscape, but as a Moderator on TPR my issue is that until we know for sure that Bizarro is leaving SFGAdv specualation about the coaster is best left in the SFGAdv thread.

Not that the following has happened yet, but we don't need 8 different conversations going on in 8 different discussion threads about why a coaster would be best relocated to each of those parks.

^Hey Larry, I totally hear you I was really just trying to explain where the whole topic of Bizarro came up in relation to SFStL as it seemed people were confused about what the rumors going around were, and I sort of ended up on a tangent about Screamscape and whatnot. Sorry about that!

Anyway, just to clarify, I only brought up Bizarro as an idea about something I think would be neat to see in SFStL, not as speculation that it would actually happen.

I think a lot of it is the timing. Six flags STL was making rather cryptic announcements about ride changes, so it makes sense that people took this one a little more seriously then they should. The park certainly needs a new steel coaster and Bizzaro would be an amazing choice if it ever happened. I think regardless this season will be really good because it seems that this park is putting a lot of effort into keeping the park looking and running smoothly. Overall I think the new paint on several of the coasters looks great and makes the park aesthetically better.

The park is certainly moving in the right direction and id love to see what happens when they get a new coaster.

Anyone else find it odd that the park doesn't currently have a kiddie coaster? I tend to think of them as park staples and I'd assume it would make the place more well-rounded. Do they at least have plenty of other children's rides?

They actually do have a nice kids area (along with a pretty big playground) and while they might not have any kiddie coasters, they have a nice selection of family coasters and rides. Thankfully though, I got the kiddie credit back in 2001! I didn't realize it was gone until I visited the park last year.

we had a kiddie coaster back in the day, it was over in the area where American Thunder now resides. the kiddie section we have now is Bugs Bunny National forest, and its a huge climb around type attraction. there are also several kiddie rides in the surrounding area but the coaster never got moved when the rest of the kid section did I believe it started out as the rock candy express when the area was called "Goodtime Hollow" then it was changed to "ACME Gravity Powered Coaster when the area became "Loony Toons town"

sfstl017.jpg.52510013fb3aa737480dc9cbec114da4.jpg

gravity.gif.3a1f486840cf60e3cb584bc1bdf43cb3.gif

I hope you're not suggesting that the park should replace Mr. Freeze with S:UF*. Freeze is easily the superior (or at least, less boring) coaster.

*I'm assuming you're talking about the B&M flyer clone?

^^^ Hahaha that took me a minute.

Man, you would think SF would have given that Vekoma Roller Skater to SFStL instead of SFMM, which already has two kiddie coasters. But of course that wouldn't help their attempts at keeping SFMM's coaster count atop the list.

the only coaster I would love to see leave our park is Ninja, its got the lowest ridership of all the coasters in the park and its just plain old and tired, even the workers running the ride make snide comments about the coaster, how its the most boring coaster in the park, etc...

we can't afford to lose ANY coasters to make room for another coaster, besides there are other areas in the park to build a coaster still available. give up the Dragons wing that would be an awesome place for a coaster, intertwine it with the Boss like Goliath is with Colossus.

there is a huge area of land that runs from back by the tidal wave all along the side of the park where Hurricane Harbor is, yes its loaded with trees but it still is a good large area for a coaster to go. heck I would even go as far to say pull the Log ride, that ride has run it's course at the park, while it still gets riders, the queue house hasn't been packed full with park guests in years and most of the time there is only one of the 2 sides running. The water park takes care of the needs of the guests looking for comfort from the heat, we also have thunder river they can utilize for heat relief. so pulling the log ride could be an option.

Id love to see a 4D coaster like X at SFStL, buuut im entirely sure this will never happen If i remember properly the price of these coasters are outrageous. At this point there are only two of these coasters in the world and even though there is another one being built, I highly doubt we will see these become the new ride to copy like batman was. If it was it would make my year, but I believe i am being realistic with this.

... give up the Dragons wing that would be an awesome place for a coaster, intertwine it with the Boss like Goliath is with Colossus.

Actually removing Dragon's Wing would free up enough space to expand Britannia, add several flat rides as well as relocate and shorten Boss' queue line. Right now it's the Great Wall of China of queue lines.

• 1 month later...

This backwards train business must be a nice money-saver. Management can spend minimally and still have something to point to as a new attraction. Falls right inline with the making use of existing assets approach they seem to be taking.

I'd love to see them try this approach for the spinning mice/spinning coasters throughout the chain- just to see if they could get away with it. I bet they would.