TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

List of Parks You Plan on Visiting in 2012

Definite/Planned:

Dollywood

SFOG

Have annual passes to both, and both are within 2-4 hours of where I live. Planning on doing the Season Pass day at Dollywood and then Thrills In The Hills in May and then whenever I can get there between then and the end of the season, would be great to go in the fall or for the Christmas event. SFOG is only about 2 hours from me, I'm sure I will be there multiple times, but definitely want to do Deep South Bash.

Strong Possibility:

Carowinds

Have never been there but it looks great and I have a Cedar Fair pass. If I can get a cheap flight there I may try to fly up for a day and check it out sometime this summer.

Remote Possibility:

Trip to visit LA and to do SFMM/Knott's in the fall, although at the moment with family issues and financial situations, might have to wait until West Coast Bash 2013 to get back to visit those parks.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Stockholm, Gröna Lund will of course be the main park with at least a dozen visits during the season.

I also plan to visit other Scandinavian parks,

Liseberg

Linnanmäki

Bakken

Tivoli Gardens

Spain in the summer will be

Port Adventura

Tibidabo, Barcelona

A New York trip in September will hopefully bring me to

Six Flags GAdv

Morey's Piers (and perhaps a few others)

Coney Island

If I have the time, I will try to squeeze in a Europa Park visit, but that might have to be next year.

I'm going to quite a few, and will most definitely hit 300 credits by the end of the year!

- Six Flags Great America (Homepark)

- Dollywood

- Six Flags Over Georgia

- Nickelodeon Universe

- Bay Beach

- Mount Olympus

- Thorpe Park

- Alton Towers

- Chessington

- Drayton Manor

- Legoland Windsor

And possibly a few other parks that I'll decide to visit later in the year.

Other than my home park Canada's Wonderland, my plans are to visit Darien Lake, Waldameer, Conneaut Lake, and possibly make a trip down to BGW, King's Dominion, and a whore stop at Six Flags America.

My complete list of theme parks I plan on visiting this year:

May

Silverwood

June

HersheyPark

Six Flags Great America

Six Flags Over Texas

Dollywood

Busch Gardens WilliamsBurg

July

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Cedar Point

Kings Island

Six Flags New England

August

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Knott's Berry Farm

I may do more, but these are my confirmed parks

Edited by galindoverhere

I'm looking at Knoebels at least twice, Hersheypark possibly three times, Six Flags Great Adventure once, and possibly Busch Gardens Williamsburg once.

For me its

Canada's wonderland

Darien lake

Six flags great adventure

Hersheys

coney island

(any other suggestions for me in this area??)

And offcourse backhome

Drievliet

Efteling

Walibi

Parc astrix

Europa park

disneyland (maybe)

Well, too bad for me, I guess it wont be that many parks ( this year again).

At least it will be 3 in Sweden ( where I live):

Gröna Lund -

Furuvik -

LIseberg

And one in Denmark:

Tivoli - Copenhagen

But if I win the lottery.......

So far: CGA (That's an obvious), Raging Waters San Jose, and Waterworld Concord. This past month, I've scored some free tickets for both water parks via Facebook contests, thanks to my inner amusement park nerd (had to guess what this upclose photo was and also name a past attraction in a given spot). Should be a fun summer of water park hotness!

Random note: Just discovered my iphone touchscreen works with my underwater 'dry pak' I bought a couple years ago...goodbye fluffy bunnies!

This season is looking to be good for me.

-Hersheypark (my 3rd home, lol).

-Knoebels (x2) Once during the summer (July or August) and once during PPP.

-Dorney Park (x2 or 3) I figure since it's not too far from Reading, it might be possible to go twice. I may do a Haunt trip depending on my schedule.

-Six Flags Great Adventure (x1). Might do this trip in July, but if I do go on a Sunday, I WILL invest into a FlashPass this time.

-BGW and KD trip. I am going to try my hardest to make this trip work. I still need to plan it out though and I hope to make this a two-day trip for sometime in June.

-Dutch Wonderland (x1 at least). After stopping here last June, I pretty much got the credits and left. This year I think I'll make a Potato Patch run and try some Dole Whip, which I saw a sign for. If it's worth the extra distance, I'll probably do Kingdom coaster a few laps and eat.

I really don't have a set-in-stone schedule, but these are my basic objectives for the season.

I've just recently booked trips to Dollywood and Kings Dominion next month, so my list of confirmed park visits includes:

Dollywood

Kings Dominion

Carowinds

Universal Studios Florida

Six Flags New England

Six Flags over Georgia

Lake Compounce.

Hopefully more trip opportunities to new parks will come up throughout the year!

I've just recently booked trips to Dollywood and Kings Dominion next month, so my list of confirmed park visits includes:

Dollywood

Kings Dominion

Carowinds

Universal Studios Florida

Six Flags New England

Six Flags over Georgia

Lake Compounce.

Hopefully more trip opportunities to new parks will come up throughout the year!

Have a good time at Dollywood,it's my homepark and is a great park.

My only definites so far are Kennywood and Cedar Point. I'm currently planning a trip to Canada's Wonderland that is tentative based on my vacation time being approved. I also would like to go to Hershey to try out Skyrush, but that's no guarantee...more of a play it by ear type of deal.

For the 2012 season, I plan to visit plenty of SIX FLAGS parks using a Six Flags Season Pass. I'll begin by getting that season pass at Six Flags America when they open up their doors. April and Good Friday weekend will find me at Hersheypark for their Springtime in the Park event. May and Memorial Weekend will find me in Springfield MA to do some candlepin bowling and to visit Six Flags New England. Maybe I'll visit Knoebels on the way home. June will have me take a friend with me as we visit Six Flags over Georgia. The end of July and the first of August will have me going west as I visit Camden Park near Huntington, WV; Hoilday World in Santa Claus, IN; Silver Dollar City in Branson, MA; Six Flags St. Louis; Six Flags Great America; and Indiana Beach in Monticello, IN. I would also like to visit Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

"You and your park visits! One of these days, you'll be coming home from a trip and would like to lie down on me, and I'll tell you to find another bed to sleep on. [sighs] I can never do that."

One definite:

Six Flags Over Georgia on the first or second Tuesday in June. It depends on when my church youth ministry group plans our day there.

One very slight but still possible:

Six Flags Great America in the summer sometime. My aunt lives close by, so it's possible that I could hit some new hotness this year!

As of now it is looking like:

Definate

-Six Flags Over Texas [visited already]

-Six Flags St. Louis

-Six Flags Great America

-Michigans Adventure

-Kings Island

Possible

-Indiana Beach

-Holiday World

-Silver Dollar City

-Different parks in the UK [That's a good 5 parks if I go]

Random trips I never expected are always a possibility also.

• 2 weeks later...

For sure: Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Galveston Historic Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk, Europa Park, Wiener Prater, the two badass Alpine coasters near Innsbruck, Holiday World.

Maybe: That little park in Calgary, the PNE, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City

Just finalize my plans for the Leviathan Bash, other parks included that we will be doing are:

Tuscora Park (OH)

Columbus Zoo (OH)

Memphis Kiddie Park (OH)

Conneaut Lake (PA)

Midway Park (NY)

Holiday Valley -mtn coaster (NY)

Sauble Beach (Ontario)

Blue Mountain--mtn coaster (Ontario)

Santa's Village (Ontario)

Canada's Wonderland for Leviathan Bash

Centreville (Ontario)

Neb's Fun World (ontario)