Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - InvadR Hard-Hat Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:07 pm

The first half doesn't look much different to me with or without the lift brake, but the second half... I wish we could get it back to what it was then!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

All I want is a chainlift!

Postby pkdcoaster » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Back seat used to be better before that lift brake was applied especially back far left. and the train did not hang and chug on the immelman.

JEFF
Actual Coaster Count: 402

Fav. Park: Cedar Point
Fav. Steel: Intimidator 305/ Fury 325
Fav. Wood: El Toro/Voyage

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 pm

^Yeah, I can only imagine the drop from back there without the brake. I never notice too much hang in the immelmann, but granted I don't ride it very often.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I Love Donkeys!

Postby vdejarnette » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:16 am

pkdcoaster wrote:When Alp was new it was much more forceful. The lift brake was not used and the MCBR was very light, here is one of my videos from a while ago that shows footage from 1997 when it ran full speed. The best shots are from 1:08-1:33 showing the unbraked speed of the last half.forgive the video quality shot with my over the shoulder VHS camcorder =)

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

JEFF

Jeff, I saved that video to my HD a few years ago so that I could relive those memories a little more easily... She's still a great ride, but she's not quite what she used to be.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Pun_Machine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:26 am

I wonder if we're going to get a sneak peek of the themeing inside the show building before the ride opens... I'm really anxious to see what they're going to do with that. So far all i have to go on is those few seconds of the model in one of the promo videos and the stuff detailed in the plans that were leaked last year.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Pun_Machine » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 pm

A new video just posted on the Facebook page: The Trains!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3bK0puXtp8

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:55 pm

THE TRAINS LOOK AWESOME!!!! RED TRAIN ... YL B DR0PN HA!
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 pm

And there's our second first. (5 unique ride vehicles) And maybe 3rd first (CoasterCam (First for BGW, but now that's starting to push it :P )

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Here's some information from the park about Verbolten's trains.

BUSCH GARDENS UNVEILS ONE-OF-A-KIND VERBOLTEN COASTER CARS

Cars’ Designs Take Inspiration from Classic European Roadsters

WILLIAMSBURG, VA (March 16, 2012) – Real rubber tires, chrome side mirrors and the classic long hood lines of a two-door roadster distinguishes Verbolten’s 16-passenger coaster car from a run-of-the-mill coaster train.

Each of Verbolten’s five ride vehicles is painted a different color, and each is uniquely detailed with classic race lines inspired by vintage sports cars. From the racing stripe designs and race-inspired hood scoop to each vehicle’s customized license plate, Verbolten’s coaster cars incorporate the smallest details to complete the illusion that riders are racing uncontrollably through the Black Forest.

“It’s the small details like real rubber wheels, side mirrors and race-inspired pin striping that makes all the difference in a ride of this caliber,” said Larry Giles, Busch Gardens’ vice president of design and engineering. “This is just one more element that will make Verbolten like no other coaster,” added Giles.

Lap bars are used instead of shoulder harnesses aboard Verbolten so riders can feel the rush of lateral and horizontal g-forces designed into the ride. Tiny video cameras are positioned in front of riders to record their experience so they can relive their trip to Bavaria anytime.

The cars play a pivotal role into Verbolten’s overall storyline about a German touring company run by the brother and sister team, Gunter and Gerta. When complete, Verbolten’s immersive experience will extend beyond the ride itself and transform the spirit of Busch Gardens’ Oktoberfest village.

Verbolten is expected to open in late spring. It anchors the park’s newly rejuvenated Oktoberfest village, and joins Mäch Tower as the park’s newest thrill attractions. Busch Gardens opens March 24 for the 2012 season. Park guests can follow the Verbolten construction process on http://www.buschgardens.com and http://www.facebook.com/buschgardens.
Verbolten_Train_001.jpg
Verbolten_Train_005.jpg
Verbolten_Train_006.jpg
Verbolten_Train_007.jpg
Verbolten_Train_008.jpg
Verbolten_Train_009.jpg
Verbolten_Train_004.jpg
And just in case you were wondering about the "bridge" . . .
Verbolten_Train_003.jpg
Verbolten_Train_002.jpg

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jay20016 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:01 pm

On the topic of Alphengheist...

I still think that the MCBR on that ride is probably one of the most jarring experiences I've ever had on a coaster... The transition from the banking into it is just brutal...

On the topic of Verbolten:

I'm jealous of you all who get that in your park. Each update makes it look better and better. You can have Cheetah Hunt if you want to trade... :D

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!