Relationships

BF/GF
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Relationships

Postby grrt » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:59 pm

My explanation that assholes get the girls has mostly been said.. They're outward, and get more attention since they're at the front of the action. Though I think another reason is that once they're with a girl, they don't have any opinions to disagree on, and substitute what the girl wants to hear, and feel no wrong with it. This can really be any guy though. The nice guys seem to get criticized for speaking their minds. Even if they have self confidence, girls hear you disagree on one thing.. and they think you're 'mad at them' and then they hate you... Something along those lines. I'd rather have somebody speak up than stay quiet and be completely whipped about everything. I must agree with Allen in saying that all I've really learned is what not to do haha.

God, my dumbass friends seem to just love doing the opposite of what makes me happy... They get with complete whores, one falls in love, the other doesn't even really like her, and vice versa on the girls end. Then I try and explain it's a terrible idea and they are only going to get sucked into a downward spiral which will inevitably end in heartache, and they shoot me down. OK, so you have some temporary happiness. You're forgetting the fact that you've yet again abandoned me for your own gains. And you have the nerve to say I'M the one who's wrong? Isn't friendship a little more important than your shallow women? I'm only really ticked that nobody is listening to me, again. Even though this EXACT same situation happened about a year ago. Glad to see they've learned something.

Seriously, keep a close friendship, the second you create the idea of a relationship, you close the doors of a close friendship to soo many people. When you can't even be alone with your friend because somebody else is so heavily concerned and protective about something happening, there is REALLY something wrong.. I love being the bad guy, but it's too bad the bad guy never gets the popular vote.

[/megarant]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby imawesome1124 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:37 pm

One thing I hate when people (these kind of people are not my friends and I will never have anything to do with these people) ask a girl out, go on a date, have sex, break up, and start all over. I knew someone who did that one year and he had a new girlfriend just about every week. It really pisses me off when people do that.

Postby imawesome1124 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm getting really stressed over this whole thing. She hasn't been here all week and I'm having trouble finding her on facebook. I've been losing sleep, I haven't been eating, and in general I've been just feeling like crap. What's really screwed up is that I've had some disturbing dreams where she has died and I'm getting worried, even though I probably shouldn't be. I was REALLY worried when I saw the flags in front of the school flying at only half-staff. Maybe my body is trying to tell me that I'm not ready for this kind of relationship. I kind of disregarded that theory when my mom suggested it, but I'm starting to reconsider. This is really the first time I've ever been really serious about starting a relationship. I really don't know why I'm feeling like this.

Postby grrt » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:07 pm

You just gotta chill out. Things don't go as planned if you're worried about what's going to happen. If you even have a plan at all, chances are you won't act yourself. But you've just gotta try and keep it off your mind as much as possible. It really just makes you paranoid and it's not a good way to go about a relationship!

Postby imawesome1124 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:16 pm

grrt wrote:You just gotta chill out. Things don't go as planned if you're worried about what's going to happen. If you even have a plan at all, chances are you won't act yourself. But you've just gotta try and keep it off your mind as much as possible. It really just makes you paranoid and it's not a good way to go about a relationship!

Like I don't already know that. It's just really hard because like I said, I have never felt this way about a girl before. And if when I do ask her out, if she says no than I would have been so stressed for nothing, and that would really suck.
Last edited by imawesome1124 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:46 pm.

Postby grrt » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Yeah, it seems obvious, though it sometimes helps to hear things from other people, so you don't think you're crazy haha. Really not much you can do but wait it out and keep your mind off it. And relationships don't happen just like that. I wouldn't recommend saying the typical will you go out with me? But just ask to hang and see where it goes... And put out so she knows you want to be more than friends.

Postby imawesome1124 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:52 pm

I was able to keep my mind off it for a while, but when I looked in my friend's list of friends and saw that she wasn't on the list, it got me worried again. Why would her account just close at the same time she misses 3 days of school? I really don't know what to make of that. I really hope the "death dreams" and flags halfway up the poles and her account closing is just some freakish coincidence. This is really discouraging me from pursuing a relationship with anyone. I really don't know what to make of it.

Postby imawesome1124 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Well, she's back at school. It was all just a freakish coincidence. Major relief.

About the relationship: Step 1- invite her to watch a hockey game is complete. Step 2 is to tell her how I feel about her. Hopefully I won't seem like I'm coming on too strong.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:18 pm

imawesome1124 wrote: Step 2 is to tell her how I feel about her. Hopefully I won't seem like I'm coming on too strong.

Idk, IMO it's a little early for that. Show her you like her through your actions... like complementing her, asking her on dates, asking her about how her day went and genuinely caring about what she has to say, etc.
Plus, girls often have a 6th sense when it comes to guys that like them, and I think every girl goes through the stage where she's like, "Okay, I think this guy likes me, but do I like him? Maybe I'll just hang out with him and see how it goes..." So I don't think it's necessary to get into a "feelings discussion" quite yet, but rather, just spend time with her and give her time.

But I think a general rule of thumb for relationships... just see how it goes, gauge the situation, because there's no such thing as universal advice. I know I'm guilty of trying to over-think things too much instead of just rolling with it. :P

On another note.... I'M SO SICK OF SOME GUYS ARGHHHHH!!! One of my close friends is in a situation that's way too familiar. I had to pretty much talk her out of suicide and tell her how great of a person she is and how she deserves so much better because she's in love with him and he completely manipulates her feelings! It's literally an emotional roller coaster! He treats her like complete s**t and tries to control her and make her feel guilty whenever they're in a fight (like it's all HER fault) and then turn around and tell her he loves her and talk about getting married someday and stuff.
It's guys like this that make me lose my already feeble hope in the male population! :angry:
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby imawesome1124 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:31 pm

I've pretty much given up on women. Turns out she's already with someone. I'm done looking for a girlfriend, at least until college.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random