TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "TPR Klassy Kruise" 2012 Update Thread!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ship has one hell of a history... This is in addition to the fire I posted above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Ecstasy

After Hurricane Katrina, the ship spent six months in New Orleans serving as quarters for evacuees and relief workers. Now, the Ecstasy travels on four and five day itineraries throughout the Western Caribbean from Galveston, Texas.

On July 1, 2007, David Ritcheson, the victim of the April 22, 2006 Harris County, Texas assault incident, jumped off the MS Ecstasy and died.[3]

On 21 April 2010, at approximately 12.55 pm U.S. central time, the ship was forced to perform a maneuver to avoid an object in the water which resulted in the ship briefly listing to the port side. The object was a large buoy which was adrift and mostly submerged thereby preventing it from being detected by the ship's radar. The Carnival Ecstasy was on the final leg of a five-day cruise that departed Galveston on Saturday, April 17 with stops in Cozumel and Progreso, Mexico. According to a passenger, "The ship was shuddering. Just shake shake shake and that's when all the dishes were coming out. It was a mess, it looked like a food fight and that's when everybody jumped up screaming and running trying to get outside ... We thought we were going over. We really thought the whole ship was going to be tipped over ... They had to close down stores, all the glass went flying and it broke the glass on the outside of the liquor store. People were crawled all over everybody and screaming and it was horrible and we finally got out to hang on the side of the balcony railing because it was tipped so much, if you didn't, you'd be sliding back into the restaurant." Subsequent reports from Carnival Cruise Lines indicate 60 passengers were treated for minor injuries after the ship listed 12 degrees. From passenger reports of half the water being dumped from the pool, and the amount of damage to fixtures aboard ship, the approximate list is estimated to be between 25 and 30 degrees.

Yeah, that fried-chicken platter is a far cry from what you get on Royal Caribbean.

Is there a Waffle House on board?

Waffle House would be an improvement!

Seriously though, not all of the dining room entrees were awful, but none of them were "great." They were hit and miss at best. It's been loads of fun though... But kind of for all the wrong reasons! All the stories about the history of this ship are all reasons why we wanted to do it!

Respond to this thread to let us know you're loving the Klassy Kruise updates! The more you comment, the more pics we will post.

You know, this thread is reminding me of something . . .

Because Telly was such a Klassy Guy. He'd be the king of this ship within seconds! Women (or "broads," as he'd call them) would be at his feet, fulfilling his every desire. He'd snap his fingers and, POW, fried chicken and Bud Light for everyone!

Yes, everywhere from the Carnival Ecstacy to . . .

Duluth, it's all about Telly.

Thank You Robb for posting these updates at those outrageous internet prices. I was in class today and all i could do was keep refreshing my facebook page to see if you posted one more update. This is epic fun. This convinces me to stay as a RCCL lifer.

Let's play a game, shall we? How many words can you make out of the ridiculous floor numbering convention on the elevators?

Challenge accepted.

1: maple

2: plus

3: us

4: mule

5: plum

6: pear

7: rue

8: ample

9: rum

10: rem

11: ream

12: reams

13: smear

14: pea

15: reap

16: rape

17: par

18: slap

19: super

20: ram

21: mar

22: mare

23: lame

24: lam

25: alp

26: lap

27: pas (it's a ballet term apparently)

28: Ur (old Sumerian city)

29: sap

30: mu (the Greek letter)

31: rue

32: sum

33: rues

34: sue

35: spam

36: map

37: Pam

38: Sam

39: slam

40: use

41: user

the meaning of life: ruse

43: Sumer

44: sea

45: rams

46: maples

47: plea

48: pleas

49: Sal

50: pal

51: pals

52: sure

53: usurp

54: purse

55: rap

56: same

57: Lea

58: as

59: muse

60: ear

61: ears

62: laser

63: pale

64: sale

65: seal

I excluded 3.

EDIT: Oh, there's a V.

66: veal

67: vase

67: save

68: rave

69: raves

70: lav

71: Val

72: vale (a valley)

73: vales (plural of vale)

74: Vars (a region in southeastern France)

EDIT 2: But seriously, what the turkey baster is with that level naming?

The pics are awesome! I had a few good laughs yesterday and again this morning already. The mascot frightens me though, almost as much as Golden Corral quality escargot and that lasagna...

Glad you guys are having an awesome time! Keep Klassy and keep the pics koming!

More Pictures

"Um, this was supposed to be a martini?"

Klassy Kruise drinking has begun! LIKE if you want a drunk Piers video!

Time for klubbing on the TPR Klassy Kruise!

A defining moment on the TPR Klassy Kruise - Guy walks into the club wearing his bathrobe and flip flops!

The klassy midnight buffet...where grilled mushrooms and sauerkraut are featured items!

Chocolate milk and a banana! The safest food items at the midnight buffet!

The Klassy Kruise deserves a group slot tournament! How well will we do?

I actually won a Klassy roll of 25 $1 bills on the coin pushing game!

Go Garbles!!! You can do it!!!

Edited by Hhappy

To be fair I didn't find my cruise on Carnival (Conquest) to be all that bad. The ship had nowhere near the amount of neon on board that you guys seem to have. With that said, in a month I'm going on Mariner of the Seas for a week, and I'm very interested to compare the two trips when all is said and done.

I've also been on Monarch of the Seas, however as that was only a 3 day cruise it is hard to compare it with a longer 7 day trip.