TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

[attachment=0]SFMM_tripreport_20120304_13.jpg[/attachment]

That sure looks like actual park gates now; not just a wall built temporary for a new ride. My guess if we can expect some of the new SFMM ride in the old metro station area in front of this wall but behind the wall is being reserved for SFHH since that is really the only place they have left to expand. I'm all for that since SFHH hasn't gotten anything new since Tornado in 2004 (I don't count the Mr. Six play area since that was almost a rebuilt of the same attraction with just a different theme).

One thing is for sure, you can kiss Joker's Hideout and overflow Season Pass processing goodbye!

One thing is for sure, you can kiss Joker's Hideout and overflow Season Pass processing goodbye!

Not sure about that. During the exclusive Willoughby's tour at WCB, one of my friends asked if Jokester's Hideout would be re-themed and Neal said that it's too popular to be re-themed or removed.

[attachment=0]SFMM_tripreport_20120304_13.jpg[/attachment]

That sure looks like actual park gates now; not just a wall built temporary for a new ride

That's what I was thinking. That entire area was just dead space after they closed Flashback and the Season Pass center. It's probably easier to just block that area off rather then keep it maintained. If there's going to be a new attraction in that area, I don't think the entrance will be back there because it's too hard to find and endless ugly concrete.

I was just wondering if SFMM could put a SkyScreamer where Thrill Shot was. Since pretty much every other Six Flags park is getting one, why not Magic Mountain.

You never know! Both Six Flags and Cedar Fair have added 5 Sky Screamers and Windseekers in the past 2 years. Personally though, if every park has them in the next few years, they will start to lose their appeal.

Why go to Cedar Point if Six Flags St. Louis has one?

Six Flags

We're loving the idea of "Full Throttle" for a at Magic Mountain. But we wanna know what it means to you. What does it mean to live Full Throttle? What does it feel like? Sound like? Look like?! Sound off in the comments section!

https://www.facebook.com/sixflags

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-six-flags-magic-mountain-full-throttle-03201207,0,2643870.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=70653

Six Flags Magic Mountain is expected to add a terrain-hugging launched roller coaster in 2013 featuring the world's tallest loop, according to an employee who wasn't authorized to speak on behalf of the amusement park.

A Magic Mountain mechanic inadvertently revealed closely guarded facts about the record-setting attraction while casually talking with a group of coaster enthusiasts during the recent West Coast Bash event at the Valencia amusement park. Details of the conversation quickly appeared on the Theme Park Review website and rapidly spread through the online coaster community.

The new multi-launch coaster will be called Full Throttle, according to the official Six Flags Facebook page.

Full Throttle's record-setting vertical loop is expected to top the Superman: Krypton coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, which holds the current title of world's tallest loop at 145 feet. Magic Mountain's own Viper, with a 144-foot-tall loop, is a close second, according to Roller Coaster Database.

Magic Mountain recently shuttered the 1971 Log Jammer water flume to make way for the 2013 coaster. The wooded six-acre parcel in the center of the park includes a sizable man-made lake that may play a role in the new attraction. Full Throttle may also make use of the old monorail tunnel that cuts through the hillside.

Magic Mountain officials declined to comment on the specifics of the mechanic's revelations, saying only that the park does not respond to rumors or speculation. An official announcement on the new 2013 attraction will be made in late summer.

Full Throttle would become Magic Mountain's 18th coaster, moving the California park ahead of Ohio's Cedar Point for the title of "Roller Coaster Capital of the World."

'SO i guess the beans were spilled??

^ Yeah, I never saw these details or heard about them from WCB.

Unless I missed something I don't think it came from TPR.

Yeah that where I am confused because today is the first I'm hearing about such details of the ride. So why would Latimes throw TPRs name in it. Someone is leaking info to latimes (starting to wonder if latimes is paying someone for the info). I am surprised a mechanic would jeapordize his/her career and leak key details. While I'm excited for the new ride. I'm kind of tired of the ruined surprises. I mean we haven't even started the 2012 in full swing, better yet LLDOD isn't even finished, and 2013 details are already leaked.

I hate to say this (cause I feel bad for the park in this case), but if you're going to remove a staple ride and start clearing land a year early, in this day and age you should probably make an early announcement. It's become so difficult to shield information on the internet for long periods of time. If a mechanic knew enough to start babbling his mouth to strangers, chances are other people knew as well.

Edited by Manic Monte