The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 3604 - Ninja Derails, Riders Stuck!
Users viewing this topic: DBJ and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread!!!

Postby VTown661 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Entire parking lot is being re-stripped as we speak... does that count as a new flat ride?

Lost My Veganity on the New Hotness trip.

Postby dylanreich » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:25 am

VTown661 wrote:Entire parking lot is being re-stripped as we speak... does that count as a new flat ride?

I'm not sure, but I'm glad to hear that they're making the theming of the parking lot rides more apparent!
YOLO all day errday
Steel: 1.Skull Mountain 2.X2 3.I-305 4.Tatsu 5.Storm Runner 6.Volcano
Wood: 1.Phoenix 2.Thunderhead 3.El Toro 4.Apocalypse 5.Lightning Racer

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby bostonlva » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:43 am

Six Flags
We're loving the idea of "YOLOcoaster" for a <CENSORED> at Magic Mountain. But we wanna know what it means to you. What does it mean to live YOLOcoaster? What does it feel like? Sound like? Look like?! Sound off in the comments section!

https://www.facebook.com/sixflags

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/themeparks/la-trb-six-flags-magic-mountain-full-throttle-03201207,0,2643870.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=70653

Six Flags Magic Mountain is expected to add a terrain-hugging launched roller coaster in 2013 featuring the world's tallest loop, according to an employee who wasn't authorized to speak on behalf of the amusement park.

A Magic Mountain mechanic inadvertently revealed closely guarded facts about the record-setting attraction while casually talking with a group of coaster enthusiasts during the recent West Coast Bash event at the Valencia amusement park. Details of the conversation quickly appeared on the Theme Park Review website and rapidly spread through the online coaster community.

The new multi-launch coaster will be called YOLOcoaster, according to the official Six Flags Facebook page.

YOLOcoaster's record-setting vertical loop is expected to top the Superman: Krypton coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, which holds the current title of world's tallest loop at 145 feet. Magic Mountain's own Viper, with a 144-foot-tall loop, is a close second, according to Roller Coaster Database.

Magic Mountain recently shuttered the 1971 Log Jammer water flume to make way for the 2013 coaster. The wooded six-acre parcel in the center of the park includes a sizable man-made lake that may play a role in the new attraction. YOLOcoaster may also make use of the old monorail tunnel that cuts through the hillside.

Magic Mountain officials declined to comment on the specifics of the mechanic's revelations, saying only that the park does not respond to rumors or speculation. An official announcement on the new 2013 attraction will be made in late summer.

YOLOcoaster would become Magic Mountain's 18th coaster, moving the California park ahead of Ohio's Cedar Point for the title of "Roller Coaster Capital of the World."

'SO i guess the beans were spilled??

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby vacoaster09 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:54 am

So I take it someone just got fired at the park for talking to the enthusiasts and leaking these details. Does this mean latimes got the info form TPR.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

Bitch Please!

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:03 am

^ Yeah, I never saw these details or heard about them from WCB.

Unless I missed something I don't think it came from TPR.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:05 am

Oooops....again.

Postby vacoaster09 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 am

Sir Clinksalot wrote:^ Yeah, I never saw these details or heard about them from WCB.

Yeah that where I am confused because today is the first I'm hearing about such details of the ride. So why would Latimes throw TPRs name in it. Someone is leaking info to latimes (starting to wonder if latimes is paying someone for the info). I am surprised a mechanic would jeapordize his/her career and leak key details. While I'm excited for the new ride. I'm kind of tired of the ruined surprises. I mean we haven't even started the 2012 in full swing, better yet LLDOD isn't even finished, and 2013 details are already leaked.
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Thrillseeker321 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:18 am

^ But did the park find out who the mechanic who leaked the news was? If they didnt than he is safe. I am also wondering how fast the launch will be?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby bostonlva » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 am

Sir Clinksalot wrote:^ Yeah, I never saw these details or heard about them from WCB.

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26782&p=1151552&hilit=largest+loop#p1151552

ninth post

Postby vacoaster09 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:32 am

^Thanks you

Thrillseeker321 wrote:^ But did the park find out who the mechanic who leaked the news was? If they didnt than he is safe. I am also wondering how fast the launch will be?

I'd hope so, but employees have to be more careful.

PreviousNext