TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

^Don't forget the New Texas Giant and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster trains.

Verbolten's look pretty sweet--and they're supposed to be all different styles. Looking forward to seeing the others.

Hey everyone! I found out this morning that my entry "essay" into the Verbolten hard hat tour was a WINNER! I knew all of those years at college would one day help me out! I will be posting a report on the event on here...that is if you guys want me to.

Congratulations! I'll be there representing TPR, but another trip report never hurts.

Ok, my anticipation level for Verbolten has just been boosted to a new high as I'm sure yours will as well. Ready?

Verbolten's theming is being done by a company known as Adirondack Studios. Who are they? Well, they're the company responsible for the theming in Busch Gardens Tampa's Jungala, Universal Studios Islands of Adventure's Dueling Dragons, and Universal Studios Orlando's Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster, The Simpson's Ride, and the world famous indoor launch coaster,

Let me just run that by you again. Williamsburg, Virginia is getting a multi-launch coaster themed by the same people who themed Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Orlando. I guess you have to put that $54 million into something.

Also, ivy, lots and lots of ivy.

EDIT: As Newsie pointed out they're also working with ThemeWorks who has did a lot of the theming for SeaWorld Orlando's and SeaWorld San Antonio's

rides, as well as the beautiful Treasures of Poseidon building at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure.

Taken from BGWFans, the park has consulted the same firm that did many of Universal's rides/attractions to do V-bolt's theming. This is very exciting news.

I doubt they are testing the ride yet. The trains just very recently arrived and they are probably still doing ride envelope testing which can be a pretty lengthy process. I would imagine that as soon as the train makes the first test runs there will be videos all over the internet, if I were BGE I know I would be showing off my new toy the second it's ready to run.