TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Well I assume they'll keep a path down the hill from the Skyride side open straight across to the bridge, so people can use the path on the other side of the creek to move across to the main pathway up to Minetown. And Comet's entrance ramp is basically close to the far end of the station, and providing if crowds aren't too heavy they wouldn't even need the outside queue, provided that's not ready yet.

Not that it really matters hehe, but will the "Dive" affect which side the lapbar connects to?

Pretty sure it will be anchored on both sides.

Similar to this (courtesy of RCDB again) -

According to the NL Video - which I will assume is very accurate since I know the team pretty well and I know they dont usually do work without - actual renders or CAD - and it only has the bar attaching to one side, much like Pilgrims Plunge but looks to be a larger diameter tube and Im sure the hydraulics will be stronger.

Here's a brand-new Skyrush Update! TGIF and enjoy!

Pictures like the sixth one of this post make me forget that a new B&M wingrider is being built an hour from my house.

^Thats nothing too new. Thats the same braking system as TH13TEEN at Alton Towers.

I would imagine details such as this are easily overlooked when riders are worrying about how they'll replace their soiled pants.

Here's a brand-new Skyrush Update! TGIF and enjoy!

Pictures like the sixth one of this post make me forget that a new B&M wingrider is being built an hour from my house.

That sixth picture jumped out to me as well! So many beautiful hills criss-crossing one another.....and ohhhh, the potential airtime!! Cannot wait to hop aboard this baby....preferably in an outer winged seat!

Nope, no single riders lines*.

*There is a separate line that leads to second set of stairs and the elevator on the load side at Fahrenheit; the stairs and line could have been for a single rider line, but I don't know if that was the plan or what.

A year ago 2010, that was a single rider line.

I remember reading they got rid of it because people complained about how "unfair" it was despite it making the line shorter for everyone. I don't know if that is the real reason though. It is a shame that it isn't used anymore since the ride is so low capacity to begin with and to see 2 seats go empty on a 12 seat train even makes it worse.

Nope, no single riders lines*.

*There is a separate line that leads to second set of stairs and the elevator on the load side at Fahrenheit; the stairs and line could have been for a single rider line, but I don't know if that was the plan or what.

A year ago 2010, that was a single rider line.

I don't recall EVER seeing it used, and I was there a lot on '10 (Season Pass).