TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Well now that I've wiped the drool from my face and changed my chonies I'm still just amazed how awesome this ride looks This thing went from a boring looking figure eight on paper to looking like it can be in the running for one of the best coasters in the World!!!

If I were to ever become rich and start my own park I would want an entire Intamin showcase park, well I'd have a B&M invert in there but the rest would be Intamin Intamin Intamin

If I were to ever become rich and start my own park I would want an entire Intamin showcase park, well I'd have a B&M invert in there but the rest would be Intamin Intamin Intamin

Get ready to have all of your rides be broken down or temporarily closed due to litigation... well, all but one!

Edited by UrbanLegend

Get ready ready to have all of your rides be broken down or temporarily closed due to litigation... well, all but one!

I knew it wouldn't be long before a negative Nancy brought that up I love Intamin rides so I'm willing to take that risk, it would by MY park!!! so that would be my risk to take

Get ready ready to have all of your rides be broken down or temporarily closed due to litigation... well, all but one!

I knew it wouldn't be long before a negative Nancy brought that up I love Intamin rides so I'm willing to take that risk, it would by MY park!!! so that would be my risk to take

"Nancy" was just speaking the truth. No need to get upset about it.

Not that it really matters hehe, but will the "Dive" affect which side the lapbar connects to?

Pretty sure it will be anchored on both sides.

Similar to this (courtesy of RCDB again) -

Hersheypark has sent us a press release announcing the launch of a new Skyrush Facebook campaign.

From March 1 through March 31, fans of the Hersheypark Facebook page can participate in ”Join the Rush,” a promotion that gives them the opportunity to save up to $20 on Hersheypark tickets and enter to win one of the first rides on Skyrush.

Skyrush, which features unique winged outer seating, will become the longest, tallest and fastest roller coaster at Hersheypark when it opens in May. Through “Join the Rush,” Hersheypark fans will have the opportunity to create their own virtual Skyrush train and invite their Facebook friends to ride along.

The more friends who “accept” the invitation to join the train, the greater the savings on Hersheypark tickets. Pricing is as follows:

• Fill a train with one to four friends, save $16 off regular admission
  • Fill a train with five to eight friends, save $18 off regular admission
  • Fill a train with nine to 12 friends, save $20 off regular admission

Participants also are automatically entered into a sweepstakes to win Hersheypark tickets, an overnight stay at Hershey Lodge and one of the first rides on Skyrush with all their friends from the virtual train.

Tickets must be purchased online by April 15, and the discount applies only to the purchase of regular one-day admission. Tickets mush be redeemed by July 1, 2012, and there’s a limit of 10 tickets per transaction.

For more information, visit http://www.Facebook.com/Hersheypark and click on “Join the Rush.”

I cannot get over how simply phenomenal Skyrush looks!! This coaster looks like it has the potential to have absolutely everything I love in a coaster crammed into one heavenly ride! I will be there at some point this spring/summer to ride this beast - there is NO question about that!

And the general look of the coaster, for me anyway, is gorgeous. Their color choices were so spot-on with this one. Not to mention, Hershey is one of the masters of weaving rides/coasters in and around one another. The interactions between rides are part of the fun!

As for that first drop? Ummmm, yeah.....

This looks absolutely ridiculous. I'm surprised at how much they constructed in such a short time.

Hey, Ccron10, would you please be so kind as to do top view photoshop of the blueprints that shows how many track pieces are left?

This looks absolutely ridiculous. I'm surprised at how much they constructed in such a short time.

Hey, Ccron10, would you please be so kind as to do top view photoshop of the blueprints that shows how many track pieces are left?

Oh! thanks for reminding me, I knew I was forgetting something!

1666418141_skyrush-site-plan-02610a64c4b4f9772-15.thumb.jpg.dac5fd365043f192d225cc97ee7e3465.jpg

As of 2-15-12, Only three areas of track to add: the far turnaround, the turn before the Stengel, and the reduction brake.

Just wondering, what happens after the 90* curve over Comet?

It goes down a slight hill behind the kiddie rides, makes a slight curve to the right near Scrambler while rising, then goes into the reduction brake.

Moving on to the topic of Springtime in the Park, the ridelist has been updated. Sooperdooperlooper is not listed under Comet Hollow.

http://www.hersheyinthespring.com/hersheypark/rides.php

Springtime In The Park Rides List*

Carousel

Balloon Flite (kiddie)

Dinosaur-Go-Round

Starship America

Helicopters (kiddie)

Mini Himalaya (kiddie)

Scrambler

Space Age (kiddie)

Tilt-A-Whirl

Traffic Jam (kiddie)

Bizzy Bees (kiddie)

Dizzy Drums (kiddie)

Fender Bender-Presented by Geico

Ladybug (kiddie)

Capital BlueCross Monorail

Pirate

Skyview

Mini Pirate-Presented by Indian Echo Caverns (kiddie)

Swing Thing (kiddie)

Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge

Convoy (kiddie)

Flying Falcon

Frog Hopper (kiddie)

Great Bear

Kissing Tower

Red Baron (kiddie)

Twin Turnpike Sunoco Classic Cars

Twin Turnpike Sunoco Speedway

The Howler

Storm Runner

Fahrenheit

Trailblazer

Dry Gulch Railroad-Presented by Amtrak

Mini Scrambler (kiddie)

Frontier Flyers

Livery Stables (kiddie)

The Claw

Sidewinder

Granny Bugs (kiddie)

Lightning Racer

Merry Derry Dip

Miniature Train (kiddie)

Music Express

Pony Parade (kiddie)

Whip

Wild Mouse

Wildcat

Comet

Wave Swinger

*Weather permitting. Rides, particularly roller coasters, may be subject to late openings and/or early closures in the event of unseasonably cold temperatures.

Edited by larrygator

I'm not surprised. Besides the new trains and brakes, I have a feeling that most of the Hollow will still be a construction zone even at that point.

I noticed that in the second to last update, they have pulled some of the Comet station's facade off. Does that have to do with the clearance check, or does is it appear to be getting a refresh?