TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the World are Robb & Elissa??? 2012 Edition!

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and BTW....

Here's a picture of Elissa paying the lady with the monkey to open the Wacky Worm for us! It was absolutely one of the most "Credit Whorish" moments ever! But it was worth it... just to tell the story!

lady_with_monkey.thumb.jpg.aa0db5ee843d5eac157ceeb5180e1c5c.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Can you spot the Intamin roller coaster in this picture?

Yeah, it's in the brown building with the two towers on the ends! Been to KL twice last year, and rode it. The mall is Berjaya Times Square, the park is Cosmo's World. We really had a great time there, plus there's a Crispy Creme down on the first floor by the main entrance!

Ted

So this was seriously amazing! Like top 25 in the world amazing!!! (mounted POV coming soon!)

I'm glad you think that too, IMO it was ranked as my favorite coaster in the 2010 steel coaster poll. Even though I have only been on around 25 steelies it really was a great ride!

Are you guys on crack? We thought it was pretty much an average looping coaster, and most of the ending was very slow. It was fun, but no where near a top 25 steel coaster. I do like the indoor setting, the layout, and the numerous crossovers but the ride itself is quite tame.

Ted

^ You obviously didn't ride the same roller coaster we did. When you see the video, it's anything but slow, especially at the end.

--Robb "Maybe we are on crack..." Alvey

It was good, don't get me wrong, just nothing really special to me other than the location which is awesome! I'm not saying I wouldn't love to see a looper like this in any park, just don't think it was all that...that's all.

Hey, if you guys are coming to Bangkok, or Hong Kong (be there from 2/21 to 3/1) then you've got let me know!! Heck, even if you aren't planning on coming to Bangkok you *should* stop by and see us, you're welcome to stay with us! Seriously...Debi just said "stop on by.."

I wished I'd been watching the thread every day, loved the Air Asia sign and seats, LOVE Air Asia. We've flown it to Singapore and Phuket and they have very good rates to Europe from here too! Glad you guys are enjoying Southeast Asia.....we love it here....had a blast at Universal and that was before the coaster and Transformer were open. Is the Madagascar ride open?

Ted

A few more photos while we wait at the airport....

xx1.thumb.jpg.8613d39e39cb9b2931093711c3f67b9a.jpg

So here we are at the Batu Caves. Kind of a bizarre, somewhat culture credit in Malaysia.

xx2.thumb.jpg.3f8dac6aa38bedb8bc9d7eb259f3a628.jpg

It's like 200 steps up or something ridiculous.

xx3.thumb.jpg.82cdef09e56e89135d021a83686b2517.jpg

Did we mention there are thousands of monkeys just hanging out?

xx4.thumb.jpg.80fa9e9ed82efbc1d2604fe9c61c126b.jpg

Here we go! Only like 150 steps left to climb...

xx6.thumb.jpg.1ef83020fecbacf44396790c4ac30949.jpg

When you get to the top there is a giant cave. (Or it could be a vagina from the coloring book of vaginas...I think I know whos is might be too....but that's a totally different story for another time!)

xx7.jpg.c2abe10ba079882cbcd7e4366e5c1d27.jpg

There was also a LOT of garbage and the smell of fecal matter. Yeah, it wasn't pleasant. Now, to be fair, there was a HUGE holiday event that just took place here where they said that 1 million people (no lie) were at the caves over the weekend, and there is where the mess was from. Honestly, it was quite gross.

xx8.thumb.jpg.2fc31fd2e9a34229420c500e9a5f9280.jpg

The trip back down was much easier, and really...I prefer going down....

xx10.jpg.baaa7e5c073599aa9638441954282276.jpg

Then there was the closed fun fair that we bribed our way onto the kiddie coaster.... scroll up for that story! =)

As I'm sure everyone has been able to figure out (or assume), These photos were taken from the KUL airport.

The Mcdonalds -

This is the flight they'll be traveling on

Indonesia AirAsia KUL 10:50p → BDO 11:55p 2h 05m - Based on photos of the gates & terminal as well as the fact that this is one of the only good, cheap, nonstop flights from anywhere to the BDO airport and it matches up perfectly with the time frame of travel.

Some of the clues-

Size Matters- Trans Studio is the largest indoor movie park (or the third largest indoor park in general)

photo with the statue of liberty and eifel towel- The have models inside their park

Dunkin Donuts- are delicious. This seems like a great breakfast idea today.

Chris "or I could be completely wrong" Connolly

PS- As I first guessed, another poster commented on, and Gregg questioned, there is no way KidTums is on this trip, we would have seen her in at least one photo with Robb & Elissa

Edited by Chroniq

are you in Taiwan?

Because there is one picture of Taipei 101 (which is in Taipei , which is the capital of Taiwan)

and a picture of Steve Jobs and the products of Apple are assembled by FoxCon (or something) in Taiwan!!

and when you fly to Taiwan you have to switch to a plane from Hong Kong !

and i found out that the Gold City company is from Hong Kong!

That means:

you were in Hong Kong and you are now on the way to Taiwan (or even there)!!

Edited by Swiss

I'm guessing you have flown into Taipei.

Reasons:

The Taipei 101 is there.

I recently saw a story about Steve Jobs image being used in advertisements there.

The Republic of China(Taiwan) also claims to be the legitimate rulers of the People's Republic of China which could fit the photo with the Oriental Pearl Tower as well as the travel guide.

I'm guessing you have flown into Taipei.

Reasons:

The Taipei 101 is there.

I recently saw a story about Steve Jobs image being used in advertisements there.

The Republic of China(Taiwan) also claims to be the legitimate rulers of the People's Republic of China which could fit the photo with the Oriental Pearl Tower as well as the travel guide.

You beat me too it! That was my guess! Lol, better luck next time.

OK: I'm going with Hong Kong myself based upon these clues:

1.) The various buildings are all indicators of the types of people who live there: Hong Kong is a world city

2.) Size DOES matter there: Hong Kong has the most amount of skyscrapers on earth. Also, Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok Intl. is one of the largest airports on earth... for a man-made Island

3.) Happy- and smiling faces are always a sign of Disney- and there is a rather large Disneyland there...

4.) With fares so low, they'd say Phuket, they'll go: There are great discount air flights to there.

5.) It is a Delta Departure City for returning to the states

6.) Ghost Blasters could be a reference to one of the attractions at HK Disneyland

7.) The guidebooks... there's two for China in there- one including Hong Kong

8.) The ticket counter looks like an Orient Thai counter- and that is a primary city for Orient Thai airlines. However, that could also be a 'dupe' counter as well.