TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the World are Robb & Elissa??? 2012 Edition!

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid to ask what the indoor park looked like if the outdoor park looks like that.

The whole complex is run down, disgusting, and kinda scary. The outdoor park looks like they have rides shut down due to lack of any maintenance. The two coasters are both standing, but not operating, and don't look like they will ever operate again. The two other coasters are awful.

The indoor section looks like an even further run down Buffalo Bills.

It's nothing like the Singapore resort!

Malaysian McDonalds was very "odd." It didn't taste quite "right" and they had some very strange items.

The "Prosperity" chicken burger was this strange black pepper sauce dipped, no, drenched sandwich that was impossible to eat even with a fork, was insanely spicy, but not bad!

Regular burgers had strange bread. Very bizarre!

That's our "Asian McDonalds Report" for the day!

image-2428823716.thumb.jpg.742fef3c9cae6ec4b9373aa796b6baf5.jpg

image-1069349570.thumb.jpg.2cbf537cb535a1435e462e4aeca1bdae.jpg

The two coasters are both standing, but not operating, and don't look like they will ever operate again. The two other coasters are awful.

Thanks for that.

The Soquet mine train was the only decent coaster in the park. Is the Volare outside the gate still around or is it history too?

Did you get POV's of the two coasters that were actually running?

-chris "strangely likes the old and busted povs as much as the new hotness povs" con

We did, yes. Actually ended up getting a ton of great HD footage on this trip. The only thing we weren't able to film was USS's Mummy as they really want to keep those show elements a surprise, but everything else will appear on a future RAW Blu-Ray!

Edited by robbalvey

With the architecture and run down rides, Genting reminds me of old Soviet parks. The place just looks really depressing and run down, although the location looks great. If the place is really so popular, I'm going with the belief that the owners see no reason to invest in the place if they are still making so much money.

If the place is really so popular, I'm going with the belief that the owners see no reason to invest in the place if they are still making so much money.

This is EXACTLY correct! It's both great for the resort, but also a curse at the same time.

Short version of the story... There was a small fun fair set up at Batu Caves. It's closed. They had a Wacky Worm. Apparently it's not closed if you offer the right about of money. For 50RM, they wouldn't give us the time of day. But for 100 RM... BONUS CREDIT!!!

image-3504974376.thumb.jpg.231a5422f204b7daad15062ded4f7f99.jpg

image-400928089.thumb.jpg.63b47851ef03f0ce15c7b84613b86874.jpg