TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Temple of the Feathered Serpent (Indiana Jones)

MYSTERY AT RECENT MAYAN DISCOVERY HALTS EXPLORATION

JUNE 3, 1937-GUATEMALA Diggers at a recent archeological discovery have been vanishing around the excavation sites, much to the concern of scientists and the superstitious.

The discovery of a Mayan temple by United States archeologist Henry "Indiana" Jones brought shock to the world of ancient history. The motifs and artifacts inside the temple depicted the Feathered Serpent, one of the most revered Mayan deities. Digs at the site uncovered an elaborate labyrinth of passageways and chambers winding deep into the temple's heart; many of these remain unsurveyed since the diggers who explored them never returned.

"We are very concerned about these events," stated Manuel Sanchez, the head of the excavation work at the site, "and we don't know how to address it. We brought Mr. Jones back to check the site, but we haven't heard back from him...and that was last week! We are halting all excavation indefinitely, unless we can get to the bottom of it."

One digger told us his account of one of the disappearances. "I was carrying numerous pots from a hallway back to the main chamber when I heard a loud scream and sounds of a struggle from the next passage," he told us. "I ran over to investigate. All I found was a puddle of blood and a few stray feathers."

Though he does not want to risk his workers, Sanchez is trying to organize an investigative team to try and find Jones. "If there is anyone willing to help at any cost, I will gladly recruit him or her for our search party."

What is happening inside these ruins? Could it be possible the Feathered Serpent is still patrolling this temple that the ancients dedicated to it?

We will keep you updated on this story as more information becomes available...

rsz_shot0061.bmp

My ambition may have gotten the better of me. I'm setting off on my biggest project to date, and it will likely take a few months to complete. I will post updates as they come, so be sure to watch this thread for new posts!

----

One quick teaser image of what I currently have done ride-wise:

rsz_shot0063.bmp

UPDATES

All updates will have a direct link from here:

Feb 7-Quick Overview

Feb 8-Queue Updates

Feb 19-More Queue and First Show Scene

Feb 26-Mini Outdoor Update

Mar 14-Final Queue Details

Apr 14-Queue Video

June 21 2015-First cavern and LAVA!

Edited by MayTheGForceBeWithYou

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome! I can't wait for this!

Same...the more progress I make, the more excited I get myself.

I'll try to get a few screenshots tomorrow to actually show where I am. Best I have for now are the teasers above. Temple overview was from about two weeks ago, and the ride itself was taken on Saturday.

----

EDIT:

FIRST OFFICIAL UPDATE!

I've made minor progress with the ride itself, and added the first bits of theming.

*NOTE* Image files are big, so allow ample time for loading...

rsz_shot0066.bmp

The station is starting to get pimped out.

rsz_shot0080.bmp

The start of the ride. Nomnomnom.

rsz_shot0081.bmp

TWISTY!!!

rsz_shot0077.bmp

Puking lava can't be healthy...

rsz_shot0078.bmp

FACE OFF!

rsz_shot0079.bmp

DANGER! Flying pointy things!

rsz_shot0065.bmp

Overview showing the full layout, and the scenery that's currently in place along the track.

Edited by MayTheGForceBeWithYou

I really love the concept and those trains are fantastic! Nice little project, definately worth continuing. Would this be put inside a building of some sort?

I had been wanting to do an Indiana Jones style ride for a while, but I never thought of a good way to actually execute it. I never really liked the EMV CTRs I've played around with, and they had some really crippling limitations (constant speed, low variety of track pieces, etc). This one really seemed to free up the constraints I thought I had.

To answer your other question, the ride will be enclosed into show scenes. It's just going to be a while before I get there.

Those trains are insane! This ride could be very awesome, definitely continue with it!

If you're wondering, the CTR is called "Mine Bender", created by ImagineerJohn over at RevolutionaryRides.net. I'm also wondering where this project goes, as I usually think up scenes with little (if any) previous planning; I'm essentially making it up as I go!

----

ANOTHER UPDATE!!

Little work done on the actual ride today, but I made up for it with working outside the show scenes. I present to you my next update, where we look at the queue...

I said "queue", not "Q".

rsz_shot0068.bmp

There we go! :p

Here's the mostly-completed cavern. May change a few little things, but that's pretty much the basic way I like it.

rsz_shot0082.bmp

The main room. Really empty right now, and I'm working to get more little details inside.

rsz_shot0083.bmp

The cinema room. I might change the picture to a newsreel still, but I'm keeping Sallah's spiel for now.

PS The floor tile near the bottom left will be Indy's office.

rsz_shot0064.bmp

Most of my work was actually outside the temple, as evident in this shot. Check out that view from the park entrance!

rsz_shot0069.bmp

The line meanders through the dig site encampment.

rsz_shot0070.bmp

Another cool view from the queue (hehe, that rhymed)...

rsz_shot0071.bmp

This is a generator. It makes power. Power is good.

rsz_shot0067.bmp

I get a habit of closing my updates with the coolest image. Thus, obligatory awesome photo.

That's it for now. Keep watching this thread for more updates!

• 2 weeks later...
Literally, this is a GREAT ride and the scenery makes it even better, I'm absolutely loving your work.

Keep it up!!

Thanks!

That is FREAKIN' EPIC!!! This ride is just awesome looking and I absolutely love the queue for the ride. Keep up the good work because I definitely wanna see some more updates.

It will only get better as the updates continue...

This really is amazing. I had NO idea you were this good in RCT3.

Until a few weeks ago when I started this, neither did I.

----

ANOTHER UPDATE!!

Haven't had a ton of time to work on this, but I did get some significant work done in the last week. More queue details have been added, and the first show scene is COMPLETE!

Anyways, here's the first part of the update:

rsz_shot0093.bmp

The main excavation room got some minor details done, but not too much change from my first update.

rsz_shot0095.bmp

Indy has an office now.

rsz_shot0089.bmp

A stairwell. What's that hole on the left?

rsz_shot0090.bmp

Oh, it's a window overlooking the station!

Quick break for a before and after. The angles in the next two shots are almost identical.

rsz_shot0066.bmp

BEFORE

rsz_1shot0094.bmp

AFTER

Quite a bit of change, huh?

Just a tiny bit of progress on the actual ride...

rsz_shot0096.bmp

Go easy, easy, EASY! The wheels may be needing a little work...

rsz_shot0085.bmp

First chamber during the day.

rsz_1shot0086.bmp

First chamber at night (obligatory cool shot).

More to come! Please comment!

(MINI)UPDATE TIME!

I didn't do too much indoors the last few days, but I did add some details outside:

rsz_shot0097.bmp

Popular rides require this kind of system!

rsz_shot0100.bmp

FastPass Distribution view 1

rsz_shot0098.bmp

FastPass Distribution view 2

rsz_shot0099.bmp

Bring your FastPass here for expedited entry

rsz_shot0102.bmp

Mine carts now bring some more atmosphere to the dig site

rsz_shot0101.bmp

Another track

rsz_shot0103.bmp

Why are nearly all my obligatory cool shots done at night?

Mini update done. PLEASE comment!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE TIME!!

My apologies for not showing any signs of progress with this for about three weeks...sidetracked with dive season starting, school, and my "ADD" with RCT3 (I have two side projects right now along with this because I get distracted easily )

Final queue detailing is essentially complete, so I can actually do more work on the main ride. Here's my current status...rsz_shot0113.bmp

This fine set of wheels just arrived at the dig site...

rsz_shot0107.bmp

The big excavation room, essentially completed. Might find some more knick-knacks to fill it with.

rsz_shot0108.bmp

Inside the cinema room. That's the makeshift film projector (I'll probably replace it if I can find a better custom object for it).

rsz_shot0109.bmp

Not too much ride progress since three weeks ago, though I did get a start on the second chamber...

rsz_shot0110.bmp

Final scene with the closest thing I could find do Indy (BTW does anyone have Rct3Mike's Boulders?)

rsz_shot0112.bmp

After your perilous adventure through the Temple is finished, you come through this hallway on your way out.

rsz_shot0111.bmp

The hallway with show lighting (obligatory cool shot).

More to come! Please give feedback!

• 3 weeks later...

THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN PLACED ON TEMPORARY HIATUS!!

I apologize, but I decided to stop working on this, at least for several weeks. I have a few contributing factors to this decision. I'm in the middle of dive season and I have practice every weekday, leaving me almost no time to work on this until the end of May. Also, the lack of outside interest in the project makes me think it isn't worth the time trying to impress anyone on here. Finally, I want to try other things in RCT3 besides creating single attractions.

Unless anyone wants me to keep going, I'm pretty much done.

I feel like an idiot for never bothering to comment on this, since I get super excited every time there's a new update...

You've been doing some (frankly) amazing work on this project! Your themeing is top-notch and you've made a ride so detailed that it's on-par with the real Indy rides!

Really hope it returns soon.

The project is amazing!! And Id love to see the completion of it. A lot of people just like to look and follow and eventually download the finished product. But that doesn't mean we don't love to see these things get made by the talented people on here.

If you have a desire to finish it once you have more free time, I think it'd be great to see it completed!

Damn, didn't expect this kind of response!

If you noticed the end of each of my updates, I ask for input. I do this for a reason; I'm making up each scene as I go along, so I really don't know where I'm heading with this. I use responses as a way to see if I was on track in terms of what you seemed to like, and what would need to be fixed in the future. The lack of responses left me without any real idea of where to go with it, and I felt like I hit a dead end.

That said, I'll try and get some work in on weekends, and any other time I may have off between now and graduation. It's a two-way street though; if you read the above, you know my fuel is your opinion. Anything you want to say about the ride, whether it be praise, criticism, or anything in between, post it and let me know!

PS I was saving a few images, so I'll post two as a holdover.

Shot0118.bmp

BATS!! :O

Shot0119.bmp

Crumbling walls need bracing to prevent collapse.

I think this ride is really impressively themed from the entrance to the queue and onward. Is everything your own custom work, including the train cars and scenery? I know it is tough to see projects through at times but you definitely have something here. Good luck!