TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Crystal Arcade 1970 - 31st September (Last Day)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill post this earlier then planned ^

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The DailyPoint 15th March 1960

LOCAL ENTREPRENEUR GIVES US HIS STORY

Hello my name is Bob, Bob Crystal

I am 63 years old and owner of the new Crystal Arcade, I’m sure a lot of you local people would of heard something about it as I have been personally going round door to door dropping a map of the park through letter boxes. For those who don’t know, Crystal Arcade will be a new park opening at the start of this summer, in the little town of Point Lakemount. (entirely fictional town) it will feature several attractions all of which are listed in the map you may have received.

Now for a little about myself, as you know my name is Bob as a young boy I worked in a local steel factory which was owned by my father as you may be able to tell he was a very wealthy man. Working at the factory is where I learnt my trade. 5 years ago and very unfortunately my father passed away at the age of 86! I was his only living relative because of this I inherited all his money and business.

So when I did inherit all of my father’s assets I knew straight away what I wanted to do with it, the first step was to close down the factory. The factory was based on a large area of land with a lot of space behind it so this made for a perfect place to build an amusement park. Of course there were a lot of locals who objected to the idea of the factory closing because the business the factory made for the town was so vital. After a lot of meetings with the town council we came to an agreement, In which I told them what I was planning would be sure to match up to the sort of profits the factory was making and this was how Crystal Arcade was born.

Part 2 of the story will be in tomorrow’s DailyPoint

Edited by jakecallan

Okay, um.. This is really unrealistic. The coaster modern coaster hasn't even gone upside down yet, let alone be launched. Either loose the timeline, or come up with something else.

I have edited the story line. I know that the steel coaster had not gone upside down yet - the idea is that Bob is very clever and was coming up with all these crazy ideas. If you both feel it was way too unrealistic, then it is probably best that I change the storyline a bit. Thanks for the criticism anyway as it is always useful.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The DailyPoint 16th march 1960

THE 2nd PART OF A LOCAL ENTREPRENEURS STORY!

When we first set to work on building Crystal Arcade in 1956 we had to decide what we were going to do with the factory and its employees, I came up with the solution that a lot of the workers from the factory could help us with building Crystal Arcade. I planned a meeting that welcomed any former employees of Crystals steel, Unfortunately the meeting didn’t go as planned as 75% of employees said that were not willing to work for me and would find jobs elsewhere as of the remaining 25% most of them were young with little experience in the industry and had only agreed to work because as it was there only source of income. Luckily I still had my dad’s right hand man on my side and my best friend who are both highly skilled at what they do.

This is Paul Rose, my dad’s right hand man he’s now 75 and had a good 50 years experience with crystals steel, he started out in the factory and eventually became more involved in the money side of things for the company. He basically became my dads adviser for everything financially for the business and one of the main reasons my dad made so much money. I was delighted when he said he would help as much as he could with my project as he thought it was very exciting and he is a great asset to have.

This is Monty, My best friend, he seems to be able to solve any problem you put in front of him, he once saved my dad on having to fork out money for brand new equipment for the factory as he was able to work out what was wrong and fix it. Again another great asset to the team and I can see a lot of exciting developments with him at the helm.

Back to the construction of the park, first things first was what we were actually going to do with the factory that still occupied a part of the land I had inherited, originally it was suggested that we demolish the whole thing, and we were going to till Monty suggested that part of it be kept, as it could be used for maintenance, storage and new developments. We ended up knocking about ¾ of the factory down leaving us with this building which was more than enough room for a couple of offices, storage and a maintenance department.

The next step was rides, my favorite part of the whole construction process. I and Paul sat at a table for about 7 hours straight discussing what the best approach to take was concerning rides. My original idea was that all are rides would be made by us and built on sight, Paul came up with a much more financial viable approach in the end, which meant we would try to buy unused rides off traveling fairs. At first I protested to idea as I wanted our rides to be new and original, Paul ran up some costs for me and showed me why it was impossible money wise to carry out that plan. Paul had drawn up a shortlist of rides, most fit under the family category he said we should consider buying. In the end I put Paul in charge of what rides we should chose for the park as i thought it would be easier for Paul to do it himself rather than consulting me for every decision he made.

I was still set on being able to make one ride for my park and although Paul strongly urged me not to, I had to decide to go ahead with it. Both me and Monty got to the drawing board and came up with loads of ideas for rides some completely bizarre ideas, I would love to list all the ideas as I’m sure they’d make many of you laugh, maybe another time. After along time of ideas being thrown around I decided we should design a small family coaster as the park at the moment was aimed at families and as it would be out first ride we had ever made I did not want to be too ambitious. Monty agreed and after a couple of months and 5 engineers working round the clock we had built our first working roller coaster, the feeling of seeing your creation come to life was just amazing.

On the other side of things Paul had done amazing jobs managing to find a lot of rides for relatively good prices. When they arrived at our factory we couldn’t wait to construct them and get them running, a lot of time went into fixing them and on numerous occasions we had to employ more workers as 13 of us was not enough to install 5 rides in a couple of months. Now all the rides are in and the park is nearly ready to be opened and I cannot wait!

Edited by QueerRudie

Hello my name’s James Cooper;

I am 16 years old and live in the small town of Point Lake Mount.

My ambition in life is to become a world famous journalist for a famous news paper. As you have already heard there is a local theme park opening up in my town called Crystal Arcade. I have always been fascinated by roller coasters so I have decided that I will keep a personal journal to track all the development happening at Crystal Arcade.

3rd June 1960

I decide to take trip down to Crystal Arcade today with my new camera, the park doesn’t open for another month yet but I wanted to try and get some pictures from the outside to show what is going on.

This is the park entrance and token kiosk, looks quite nice.

This looks like this will be the Bumper cars canvas, if you look closely you can also see the train from the coaster.

Crystal Arcade has its own spiral slide.

And lastly a night shot of the entrance, it looks like i got lucky tonight as they were testing all the lights.

Unfortunately i was unable to take many pictures due to the fences and trees obstructing my view. Ill be heading back on the 1st July when park is officially open with hopefully a load of pictures to show everyone.

Signing off, James

1st July 1960

Today was the opening of Crystal Arcade, as i said i would i went down today to check it all out.

The park preparing for opening.

The parks main midway only spans a couple of meters.

Spiral Slide!

The Dodgems were popular with younger children.

Now was time for my fist ever coaster!

Merry-Go-Round was a very popular choice for all the family.

The Circus was last minute addition, when park officials heard there was a Circus traveling trough town.

Riders brace themselves for the excitement of Coasters hills.

The double wheel dominates Crystal Arcades skyline.

This is a perfect place for a snack when taking a break from all the rides. (For all you nitpickers, i know the billboards don't fit with the timeline).

To finish this update ill show you a picture of my favorite ride of the day! The Ferris Wheel offers great views of both the town and rest of the park.

Signing off, James.

July 28th 1960

Today was one of those few occasions in my life in which i had no work to be getting on with, this means i was able to take a trip to Crystal Arcade!

The park still draws a lot of crowds, which can only be a good thing.

The Double Wheel is definitely one of the more popular rides, waits sometimes span up to 30 minutes!

How i wish i could see what Bob and his team were planing in there.

The Circus brought its own mascot with them, he is a lot of fun before shows.

Ill Finnish with a shot of Coasters track. I also noticed whilst queuing up for Coaster that some sort of construction was taking place behind the Circus.

I plan to take one last trip this summer before the park closes for its winter break, i will also try find out as much as i can about what is happening behind The Circus. My guess is that exciting times lay ahead for Crystal Arcade!

Signing off, James

August 3rd 1960

Today i took an unplanned trip to Crystal Arcade, i wanted to see if there was any further developments behind The Circus.

I headed straight down to The Circus to find this??

Dancing pandas? At first i thought it might be some kind of publicity stunt for the new ride, does this mean it will feature pandas?

It was a bit strange, still it was very entertaining.

Security had been called, this must mean this stunt wasn't organized by the park or maybe it was?

The security guard was really struggling to get rid of them.

Whilst in the queue for Spiral Slide i heard screams coming from The Circus!

The pandas had set it alight! The security were quickly evacuating the park.

The last picture i took was from outside the park, rumor has it the pandas were some sort of activist group protesting against the use of animals in The Circus.

Signing off, James

The DailyPoint 4th August 1960

Crystal Arcade Attacked By Panda Bears

Point Lake mount would be the last town in the world people would expect to be the victim of a terrorist attack, even a small one like the attack inflicted on Crystal Arcade yesterday. Crystal Arcade has recently become one of the best places for families with young children to spend there day, yet yesterday became one of the worst.

People who are believed to be some sort of animal activist group came dressed up in panda bear costumes and danced and paraded around “The Circus” attraction. Security was called in to remove them but they refused and continued to disturb customers at the park. Eventually it all got out of hand and the pandas set alight “The Circus” tent, luckily shows were canceled before the park had opened that day, people nearby were still very frightened by the events that took place though.

The park hasn’t released an official statement on the events that took place but Bob Crystal (owner of Crystal Arcade) did tell one of our reporters “As of yet we have no idea what caused the fire, yet we do have two separate suspects that we and the local police are heavily investigating.” He also later told us “he apologizes to all the families at Crystal Arcade that day, I will be giving out free tokens to all the people that were affected by the fire and I will be upgrading the security and make sure that they are doing their job properly to stop anything like this taking place at Crystal Arcade ever again”.

Sorry for the lack of updates recently people, I have been very busy as of late but updates should continue as of normal. I promise I haven't bailed on this project just yet.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 1st March 1961

Hello I am back and boy do i have a lot of news to share. I guess it would be best to start from where i left off, so basically the whole panda terrorist story went a lot deeper than a bunch of animal activists protesting about one of the parks biggest attractions "The Circus". After the incident the park was closed the following week for an investigation to take place, rumors started to circulate that it was actually Bob Crystal’s idea to set the tent alight. These rumors looked to be true as all the evidence was piling up against Crystal Arcade; this could have been the closer of Crystal Arcade!

The story was Bob had offered The Circus a 3 year rolling contract to stay at the park but because of the development taking place behind the attraction Bob wanted to stop the contract and remove The Circus from the park, long negotiations took place in which lead to the owner of The Circus proposing a huge buyout clause to Bob. As Bob did not have the money to buy out the contract he had to come up with a way of somehow getting rid of the attraction, this is where the pandas come in to place. It was believed Bob paid a local criminal agency to set alight to The Circus; he then wanted to frame it on an animal activist group.

This story meant that Crystal Arcade closed a month earlier than planned and were facing massive criminal charges which would have closed the park down. A couple of weeks later when all looked doom and gloom for Crystal Arcade, Paul Rose had found a new piece of evidence that would have turned the whole case on its head, The Circus had canceled shows for that day with no explanation. The fact that there were 11 pandas which is the same number of people who work for The circus also needed explaining, a long list of conclusions were drawn up and I could go on for ages about the smaller details of the case but the simple story is. Bob Crystal had never planned on removing The Circus and in fact had only planned moving it to the other side of the park, yet the owner was under the illusion because of the work going on behind them that they were distend for the axe. So the Employees came up with a plan to try and frame Bob Crystal for what they had done. The Circus owner and its employees were arrested and fined for numerous charges and also had to pay large amount of compensation to Crystal Arcade.

Now for the exciting part of today's update, as you may or may not know today was the opening day of Crystal Arcades 2nd season!

More construction, all I can say is bring on 62! (Sorry if the crane doesn't fit in with timeline, I wasn't too sure )

The park was pulling in massive crowds, bad for us guest but great for the Crystal Arcade.

Planters have been added around the edges of path, makes the look a lot nicer.

The end of the day is the best time to re-ride double wheel.

Wonder what Monty is doing up there?

A better look at what is going on behind that fence.

I also have a very exciting picture that I was sent by Bob Crystal personally, I can’t quite work out what it is but it looks very cool!

Signing off, James

21st Augest 1961

Its update time.

I havent been to the park alot this year. This is mainly due to the large crowds it has been bringing in and the fact that theres isnt really anything new there, i decide to take a trip today as i wanted to see if any new developments had taken place on the construction sight. last i heard there were a few poblems.

The crane looks like it is in the same position it was a couple of months ago?

I heade to the Ferris Wheel first to see if i could get some good views of the construction sight.

There is not alot to do around this area of the park, that should change next year!

These red markers were being placed in the ground towards the end of the day.

These are my favorite rides.

There was a big truck outside the factory building on the way out.

Looks like track had started to be deliverd!

Thanks for reading this update, hopefully next year there will be abit more excitment around Crystal Arcade with the new ride. ill defintly be there for opening day to get as many pictures as possible and to post a full review on the new ride.

Signing off, James

1st March 1962

Today was opening day for yet another season at Crystal Arcade.

But unlike last year there was something to look forward to! Mine Ride was opening today at Crystal Arcade, today would be the day that I and many others would get to see it in action for the first time!

This year’s map

I arrived quite late so crowds had already built up.

Unfortunately it had started to rain.

People were still enjoying the Bumper Cars though!

Ellie The Elephant keeping guests happy during the storm. (Sorry about the signs, i only realized they were all blank after i had taken the pictures).

I was getting closer to my first go on the Mine Ride.

It wasn’t to busy when i entered upon the area, this was because the ride was currently closed due to the storm.

Later during the day the weather picked up and i was able to go get my ride.

It was hard to find good picture spots for the ride.

I like this picture, makes Mine Ride look very big and messy.

Through the trees.

One of Mine Rides sudden drops.

Rider taking on Mine Ride.

Queues were about this length for most of the day.

An overview of the queue.

This shot was taken from the Merry-Go-Round.

For only having to spend a dollar to ride, Mine Ride was defiantly worth the cost. I found myself riding it about 6 times during the day, there were several parts of the ride that were absolutely breathtaking a real thrill seekers treat. This ride was defiantly worth the two years wait and should keep Crystal Arcades customers happy for the next few years. Bob and his team have really done well on this one!

Here are a few stats.

Mine Ride rises to 45 feet above sea level

Mine Ride reaches speeds of 30 MPH

Mine Ride has a track length of 1500 feet; this is 3 time longer then Coaster

Mine ride Travels into the ground through a 400 foot tunnel.

I hope you enjoyed this update, look out tomorrow as I heard the DailyPoint are giving a full look at mine Ride with exclusive pictures.

Signing off, James

The DailyPoint 4th March 1962

Mine Ride At Crystal Arcade!

Yesterday Bob Crystal invited us down to Crystal Arcade to get some pictures of the new ride he has just opened to the public.

Welcome to Mine Ride

The queue line, I can expect this will get very busy.

We were invited to the top of the ride were we managed to get this photo.

This drop will really take you by surprise is should imagine.

Here is the train in action.

A guest view of the ride.

Don’t ask how we got this picture, it looks great though.

The operators have a busy day ahead of them.

14th July 1962

Time for another Crystal Arcade update, I have some very exciting pictures to share!

Compulsory entrance photo.

People waiting for their go on Helter-Skelter

Coaster has a new friend at the park.

Got this shot from the Ferris wheel

I love the Bumper Cars.

I think there may be some further expansion up there sometime soon.

Mine Ride got itself a new logo, I like it.

This restraunt opened up with Mine Ride, it’s nice to have somewhere to sit down and eat.

I think Double Wheel has taken its place at number one in my books at Crystal Arcade.

Sky-line shot

got this picture whilst on Double Wheel, looks like this is where the new ride will be placed!

This thing was also behind Coaster, looks like some sort of frame, I’m guessing it has something to do with the new ride!

Sure does look interesting.

These wooden half pipes have also been stacked up near the Bumper Cars.

Can they make a ride out of these?

Signing off, James

The DailyPoint 1st June 1962

Local Park Unveil New Expansion Plans

Today Bob Crystal was able to tell us what Crystal Arcade had in store for us next year, in which he showed us plans for a new state of the art parachute ride named Parachute he also showed us the new roller coaster they plan to install called Flying Turns.

This Picture was what Bob showed us which he drew himself, he told us it gave a very accurate look into what to expect next years expansion to look like.

Edited by jakecallan

29th August 1962

Today marked the end of another great season at Crystal Arcade and as the park was open till 11 today I thought I would go up and get some night shots of the park to show you.

A lit up entrance always look great!

Bumper Cars doing its thing in the dark.

The Food Barn still sells food at late hours.

A lit up Ferris Wheel looks cool as well.

Crystal Arcade is still pulling the crowds in.

Merry-Go-Round gives a much better ride at night.

Mine Ride is a guest’s favorite.

The only place you can get a full meal at Crystal Arcade.

New rides lurk behind this fence!

A cool shot of Mine Ride.

Guests always enjoy Ellie’s little tricks.

The weather wasn’t great tonight.

Guests enjoying their night ride on Coaster.

Ill leave you with a construction update, at the top right of the picture you can see the top of Flying Turns lift hill.

Thanks for reading this update; I’ll be back at the Beginning of next season to give a full look at Parachute and Flying Turns.

Signing off, James

The DailyPoint 9th November 1962

Local Council Drop Massive Bombshell On Crystal Arcade

Crystal Arcade and their local council share a good working relationship. However today the local council of Point Lake Mount imposed new planning laws that have devastated plans that Crystal Arcade had put forward for their 1963 season. Crystal Arcade had planned to put in two brand new rides for 1963 Parachute and Flying Turns because the new law states that any kind of structure built in the town must not surpass the height of 76 feet Parachute will need to be taken down, this also means a guest favorite Double Wheel will also need to be dismantled. Luckily Flying Turns only reaches a height of 72 feet so that is still on schedule to open next season. This will also affect Crystal Arcades long term plans as all there rides will now have to work within a 76 foot height ceiling.

Concept art of Crystal Arcade's Parachute ride.

In other Crystal Arcade news, Bob Crystal (owner of Crystal Arcade) confirmed he had put in a bid to buy the access road located in front of the park. This was done in an effort to be able to build a car park to allow customers who drive to the park easier access. We are of yet unsure if the bid is successful but a lot rides on this bid if Crystal Arcade wants to become a mean competitor in the amusment park industry.

To get more frequent updates from Crystal Arcade, follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/CrystalArcade1

Crystal Arcade now has Twitter account https://twitter.com/#!/CrystalArcade1, I strongly suggest joining if your interested in finding out news about new ride and other things going on at the park. The park map has already been posted for the 1963 season!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1st March 1963

The park opened a month later this year, this was because of the removal of Parachute and Double Wheel. Whilst it was disappointing to lose Double Wheel and not have the chance to see Parachute this year would still be big for Crystal Arcade as they were introducing 2 new rides!

Flying Turns!

And Loop 'O' plane!

I arrived quite late and went straight to the new area of the park which featured the brand new Flying Turns.

I walked straight past Mine Rides queue; we had newer things to ride.

Up here Flying Turns waited for us.

The queue line seemed a bit bare, hopefully that will change soon.

Riders looked very happy with the new ride.

Our train awaited us.

After my ride on Flying Turns i can say it was very good, it may not be as visually good looking as Mine Ride and sure it was a tad bumpy. It still gave a very fast and intense ride like nothing I had ever experienced before.

Flying Turns is the tallest ride in the park at 73 feet.

I wonder if they plan to get rid of the foundations for Parachute anytime soon.

Let’s go see the other new stuff at the park.

The park is still as busy as ever.

Loop 'O' plane was pretty fun.

Plants like this have been planted around the park to make it look a bit nicer.

I think the park could benefit from a few more toilets.

People under estimate the amount of air time these hill actually give.

Looks like Crystal Arcade is a great place for mums to hang out with their teenage daughters.

Here are some Flying Turns stats

-Flying Turns is the tallest ride in the park at 73 feet

-Flying Turns is the fasts coaster at the park reaching speeds of 32 MPH

-Flying Turns travels through 800 feet of track

Thanks for joining me on the opening day of Crystal Arcades 4th season, James