TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Not sure where to post this, and certainly not worthy of its own thread, so I'll put it here.

Why didn't Vekoma make a regular, noninverted Giant Boomerang? It seems like a fun ride, and it being not inverted would(probably) be cheaper. Did the concept ever come up and just fall out of fashion?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

^^ Anyone know what that could mean? I know some have said they might get some kind of water park addition, but that seems nonsensical to me since they don't have that much land there and they have a complete water park down the road. I could see them putting in a little splash pad/water fortress play area like some parks have done, but I expect they're more likely to just add a water ride like a splash battle. They could also be rebuilding their aging log flume. It's getting pretty late for it to be something very sizeable though...

^Can't tell if sarcasm, but isn't GL still rusting in place at the moment?

Greezed Lightnin' (Astroworld; ShuttleLooping Mk1b) is currently dismantled and for sale for around 250K. Well preserved, though.

Greezed Lightnin' (SFKK; ShuttleLooping Mk 1a) Is SBNO, but will need some -serious- overhaul to return to operating status. If it is like her other Weight Drop siblings, the lack of repair and upkeep on the ride will be (Sadly!) her 'nail in the coffin'. (The weight drop models tended to collect water in the 'tube' over time- leading to rust issues. The Flywheel (ShuttleLooping MK1b) models did not- and thus have lasted longer.)

^^ Anyone know what that could mean? I know some have said they might get some kind of water park addition, but that seems nonsensical to me since they don't have that much land there and they have a complete water park down the road. I could see them putting in a little splash pad/water fortress play area like some parks have done, but I expect they're more likely to just add a water ride like a splash battle. They could also be rebuilding their aging log flume. It's getting pretty late for it to be something very sizeable though...

You're right that it's just too late for anything sizeable :/ Everyone keeps saying it's a waterpark, but that just seems silly. WWB is in OKC already. Since there's no construction going on yet and I'm assuming the attraction would open in the spring, it's probably not going to be a pretty big place. It's also pretty late to have a 2012 attraction announcement. If it was a major addition, we would have known already, most likely.

^Where did you hear that? If that rumor has any legitimacy, I will be following closely, as I'm "done" with the park for now and a new credit would be the only good reason to return (alone, at least).

One reason it could make sense is that their main announcement for 2012 is modest (starting to stay open during the Christmas season again), so maybe they are building up to something major next year.

I have an idea for a new type of Drop Tower:Big.jpg.1f5b5d29642bd8e256e8189e7169603b.jpg

And then combine it with this:green-lantern-roller-coaster.jpg.e0b0e24d5b9e73fcb27156c0ee72fc81.jpg

Introducing the 4th Dimension Drop Tower.

Riders will be seated 2 per row.

There will be 2 seats in the front and 2 seats behind you. (Like GL:FF)

The ride will have a variety of options on how you want your ride to be:

Beginners: You will just go to the top tilt forward and backwards once, Then drop.

Easy: You will be brought up to the top of the tower and rotate 180 degrees(Both back and Right side). Then drop

Medium: You will be brought to the top of the tower, pre-drop about 10 feet, flip 360 degrees, then you drop.

EXTREME: You will be brought to the top of the tower UPSIDE DOWN, short pause at the top, Then spin 360 degrees a couple of times depending on how high the tower is.

Sounds painful in a sense but it could be possible!

^Where did you hear that? If that rumor has any legitimacy, I will be following closely, as I'm "done" with the park for now and a new credit would be the only good reason to return (alone, at least).

One reason it could make sense is that their main announcement for 2012 is modest (starting to stay open during the Christmas season again), so maybe they are building up to something major next year.

The rumor is no longer up on the website I checked it out, apparently the rumor now is.. a new zip-line attraction...

This is more of a musing I had after seeing the pictures of Thorpe Park's Swarm trains: If Universal ever finds it within themselves to build another Battlestar Galactica coaster, it had better use B&M wingrider trains, with lights, themed as Cylon Raiders in some fashion.

This is more of a musing I had after seeing the pictures of Thorpe Park's Swarm trains: If Universal ever finds it within themselves to build another Battlestar Galactica coaster, it had better use B&M wingrider trains, with lights, themed as Cylon Raiders in some fashion.

If Universal ever builds a B&M wingrider, it will of course have a Harry Potter theme...