NEWS: Wild Rivers Water Park to relocate to Temecula

P. 8: Wild Rivers construction to begin this March!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Mr. October

Re: Wild Rivers Water Park Demolition Pics

Postby JimmyBo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:03 pm

I am rather sad about this park finally giving the demolition crew the "OK" to destroy this park. I do like demolition and blowing stuff up but to see this park go like this is rather sad. I really enjoyed this park as a kid and teenager but I don't think I visited it in the past 7 years. I hope Wild Rivers plans on putting in something awesome to take place. I wonder what the slides would feel like if you went down them now?

Jimmy "Bombay Blasters!" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby kylexy2298 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:27 pm

So, is it true that Wild Rivers will be reopening in a new location summer 2013 (as it says on their website)? If they do, where do you guys think the park will be located at? As metrock was saying, they were looking at land by the old marine base, is there any other land they can get to build a new Wild Rivers, or whatever they decide to call the new park.

But either way it is really sad to see this park finally go. Even though I only went there once, it was one of the best water parks in Southern California, it easily beat Knott's Soak City in Orange County, to me at least.

K.M.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Even though I live way over in Maryland and never got to visit this park it is still such a sad thing when a park closes!!!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Coaster Count: 292
Favorite Steel: Maverick - CP
Favorite Wooden: El Toro - SFGA

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:24 pm

I've never been there but it looked like a cool place to check out, especially some of the old school slides and underground slides. It's a shame to see a place of enjoyment go, only for more housing to built to accommodate our already overpopulated state. I wonder if this new Wild Rivers will have the same feel as the old one, especially with the lack of the old slides built on the ground, lined with the blue rubbery coat.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:03 am

kylexy2298 wrote:So, is it true that Wild Rivers will be reopening in a new location summer 2013 (as it says on their website)? If they do, where do you guys think the park will be located at? As metrock was saying, they were looking at land by the old marine base, is there any other land they can get to build a new Wild Rivers, or whatever they decide to call the new park.

But either way it is really sad to see this park finally go. Even though I only went there once, it was one of the best water parks in Southern California, it easily beat Knott's Soak City in Orange County, to me at least.

K.M.

Doubtful. They haven't signed a deal to move to the Great Park yet.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby silentabomb » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:20 am

also what is sad is that this park had the scariest most intense slide ever built called The Edge they had to build a platform so people could watch the crazy few who dared ride the slide with a 40ft 45 degree drop people would catch massive air when they came flying out of that thing I have looked all over and can not find pics of the slide at all and if you go way back like 1995 both sides had the huge drops if anyone has pics of those slides please post them

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby nhman93 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:57 pm

For all you west coasters who need a bombay blaster fix come to NY we still got the same ride same name and everything at Water Safari in Old Forge http://www.watersafari.com/attractions/index.cfm?fn=Bombay_Blasters I think the parks may have been designed by the same people as they have aton of similar rides.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby silentabomb » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:11 pm

nhman93 wrote:For all you west coasters who need a bombay blaster fix come to NY we still got the same ride same name and everything at Water Safari in Old Forge http://www.watersafari.com/attractions/index.cfm?fn=Bombay_Blasters I think the parks may have been designed by the same people as they have aton of similar rides.

yea i think this park was built by the same people very similar rides it even has a mountain, bombay blasters was built in 87 or 88 so right at the same time as this

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby InkblotKat » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:13 am

I just stopped by there last week and it was quite a sad, desolate piece of property :P

It was great while it lasted
I've stayed up for 28 hours straight

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby silentabomb » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:16 am

Does anyone remember what you had to do on surfhill to be able to slam into the back wall???

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!