TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

I've been to Disneyland Paris 2 times in my whole life and that was 2 times to many. I haven't even been to any other Disney resorts anywhere in the world and after my experiences at Paris I have little to no interest in going to them. If I ever do at least I can go in with VERY low expectations.

The only good thing about my last visit to Disneyland Paris was it was on the TPR Europe Trip and as we all know TPR adds awesomeness to everything but even so Disneyland Paris as a resort is all kinds of suckish.

-Craig

I will be visiting with my Aunts school at the start of Summer holidays! I'm really excited to check out the new stuff around the studios and go back to my favourite park in Europe! I plan to take many pictures...So watch this space.

• 1 month later...

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2011/07/08/third-terrorific-night-halloween-party-at-the-studios-sees-zombies-multiply-over-two-nights/

Tickets won’t be available for a few days yet, but Disneyland Paris has just confirmed the return of the popular Terrorific Night Halloween party to Walt Disney Studios Park, sending over the first advertising visual above (click for the full image). The event was launched in 2009 by French entertainment retailer FNAC as a more “adult” antidote to the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the original gate, but moved to full Disney control last year with a hugely well-received night that saw several Studios attractions given “Terrorific” overlays. Zombies, for example, patrolled a spookily-lit forest route of Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic (where during the day, the only zombies are the bored guests on-board) while Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Crush’s Coaster featured special soundtracks.

Now in its third year, the event has become popular enough that 2011 will see not one but TWO nights of frights in the second gate, multiplying to cover both the 29th and 30th October 2011. This is in addition to the returning Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights at Disneyland Park on 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th October and the main event itself, Disney’s Halloween Party on 31st October, giving a grand total of seven Halloween party nights. Scary!

4701_1.jpg.6350c5592c6443fa52fa85ba5f884cdc.jpg

Random question to ask but...

Has anybody lately been at the Studios,

to check and see what progress (if any)

is being made with the

Ratatouille attraction, etc.?

Been awhile, wondering if any foundation

has been put down, etc.

Posted photos would be great, thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

THE Big Thunder Mountain train at Disneyland Paris has been hit by its second accident in six months after two wagons were derailed.

Two people were slightly hurt and one child left badly shocked in the incident which saw 31 people evacuated and the attraction closed for checks.

The front two wagons of the "train de la mine" came off the tracks at the Marne-la-Vallée (Seine-et-Marne) site. Fortunately the train was going at a slow pace on a flat section of the track.

In April a 38-year-old man was seriously hurt when he was hit in the head by a block of wood and glass fibre that fell off the mountain structure. Four other people were hurt in the incident.

After the incident the ride was closed for nearly a month for checks and repairs.

Source: The Connexion / Screamscape

Sounds eerily similar to that Big Thunder accident at Disneyland, only without the fatal results (and they weren't going at full speed). Glad to hear that no one was seriously hurt.

Edited by cfc

^Due to the high crowds, long operating days, and being open year-round, Disney coasters take more abuse than just about any other coasters. Disneyland Paris is not known for keeping their rides in great shape. Examples: Space Mountain and Indiana Jones. Heck, I remember even the Peter Pan ride being in bad shape in Paris. It had a horrible clacking sound throughout the entire ride.

^Well right, I get that. But I guess there's still two things: 1) All Disney rides are open year-round, along with rides at the Universal parks and everything in Southern California as well; and 2) Doesn't the Paris resort not operate all year?

Either way, it still has happened twice to these Big Thunder Mountains, and nothing else that operates year-round.

^The 2003 Disneyland accident was caused by poor maintenance, not "something wrong" with the ride. This accident at Disneyland Paris just happened. So, I guess we'll find out the cause after an investigation is completed. But lousy maintenance would not be a horrible guess considering how poorly DLP is maintained in general.

However, the point is still there. Two rides, same manufacture, same system. Even if in both cases it comes out to be that it had poor maintenance, it might prove still that the Vekoma Mine Trains (Disney's or all) need to me more thoroughly checked more often.

Even if they were the same make/model, the Disneyland accident was due to improperly tightened bolts on a wheel assembly. At least that's what the accident report says (see page 8).

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.disneylandparis.com/BROCHURE/SUMMER12/E/catalogue/appli.htm

Disneyland Paris has released a Summer 2012 brochure online announcing details for the resort's 20th anniversary celebration including the debut of a brand new castle light/water/firework spectacular as well as a new Mickey Mouse meet and greet, a new parade and evening extended park hours!

To see the entire brochure click the link above, but I've gone ahead and picked out some notable selections regarding the new offerings.

1.jpg.cdb338c0441785abb54d7144eafccab2.jpg

The brochure highlights the 20th anniversary of the resort, and isn't subtle in doing so.

With so much to celebrate, you’ll want your memories to last longer with our extended hours to give your family the time of their lives!

2.jpg.be82e0f76af4dad744bbaca7926994f4.jpg

It’s the most spectacular celebration ever! The endless wonders of Disneyland® Park will be all lit up by the magic of our 20th Anniversary.

Two incredible Disney® Parks, packed with over 50 attractions, numerous restaurants, bars, shops, 14 hotels and Disney Village® will keep the fun shining all day and late into the night. While our lake and golf course will keep the party swinging for everyone.

3.jpg.2737cf4cbf9b044419100ee56992ec30.jpg

Three major additions for the resort are on the way...

4.jpg.58dcb7d17a492cba979a60cf0c6b1fa7.jpg

Disney Dreams, the park's new castle spectacular will be a fusion of World of Color, Wishes and Illuminations in its combination of lights, water, projection screens and fireworks to tell a brand new story involving Peter Pan and many other notable Disney characters.

5.thumb.jpg.ec990aa9f1dfdd9300c671c29064ec94.jpg

Anticipated to be a carbon copy of the Town Square Theater meet and greet which debuted at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom earlier this year, Mickey will have a new meet and greet in Disneyland Paris.

6.jpg.f6279a4ef448d35f23d3d3074440da9a.jpg

Disney Magic on Parade is the new parade for Disneyland Paris. Note: The parade pictured here is Soundsational which debuted at Disneyland Park earlier this year.

7.jpg.61d2bc059d71a25dbcb66aa7479e1279.jpg

Disney Dreams will certainly be the largest addition for the year.

8.jpg.9cf962c4e6d10797436a97ee6257a136.jpg

A closer look at the main piece of concept art for the show.

9.thumb.jpg.67aaf0510d3cdaa53035997b88bb0c40.jpg

This promotional image comes straight from Florida's Town Square Theater.

10.jpg.83b283c6c772a1cd3158d1e5d21de1b2.jpg

Plenty in the works!

11.jpg.c7a30e81696a65070ecb97b110aecaf9.jpg

Lots to be excited for!

12.jpg.bba240e82efd5b69a29e8835b43f8a03.jpg

Building on the New Generation marketing campaign, Disneyland Paris' use of more recent Disney characters continues.

13.jpg.e776879e19f12c86ac1122fa84a3768e.jpg

This should turn out to be something really special!

^Pretty sure BTMR at Disneyland was designed by Disney and built by Arrow.

This is what I believe to be correct as well. Despite popular belief Vekoma also had nothing to do with the original Space Mountain track at Disneyland either.

This seems like it could be a really cool concept! I'm glad the resort is getting some improvements, although I was more hoping for some love for the Studios. I'm really liking the look of this nighttime show though! I wonder if it will run year-round or just peak season? This could be a bit of a challenge because during some points in the year it doesn't get dark in France until pretty late...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

12 Year old boy left paralyzed after riding Disneyland Paris' Tower of Terror. News story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2072092/Bautista-Riera-Disneyland-Paris-Tower-Terror-ride-leaves-boy-12-paralysed.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

12-year-old boy left paralysed after going on Disneyland Paris Tower of Terror rideX-rays reported to show he suffered spinal injuries

Ride simulates lift plunging 199ft after lightning strike

By Daniel Miller

Last updated at 6:00 PM on 9th December 2011

Injured: 12-year-old Bautista Riera has been paralysed from the neck down after riding the Tower of Terror at Disneyland Paris

A 12-year-old boy is in a critical condition having been paralysed from the neck down after going on a sudden-drop ride at Disneyland Paris.

Bautista Riera, from Argentina, is in intensive care after riding the amusement park's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction which simulates a lift plunging 199ft after being hit by lightning.

According to reports, x-rays showed he suffered a 'spine and bone contusion'.

Bautista reportedly complained to his father, a doctor, that he felt sick shortly after leaving the ride and was taken to the park's infirmary.

His condition rapidly deteriorated and he was taken to Paris' Necker hospital for children.

By the time he arrived at the hospital's neurology unit he was already paralysed in his upper limbs.

More...City girl's pool death: Did super-fit executive overdo it in gym before suspected heart attack?

The paralysis quickly spread to his lower limbs and he suffered respiratory arrest before being rushed to intensive care.

Drop: the Tower of Terror attraction simulates a lift plunging 199ft after being hit by lightning

According to a report in the Buenos Aires Herald Bautista suffered spinal cord injuries and is in a serious condition.

His uncle told the paper that the boy's condition has stabilised although nd he is breathing with the help of an artificial respirator after suffering complications and pneumonia.

Disneyland Paris is Europe's most popular tourist attraction and the Tower of Terror, which was opened in 2008, is one of its most adrenalin-fuelled rides.

Attractions: Disney say Bautista Riera had been on three rides before complaining to his father that he felt sick

On its website the Park states: 'Prepare yourself for a mind-blowing adrenalin rush The ascent is followed by a dizzying drop faster than the speed of gravity. The abyss awaits you – Drop in if you dare!'

Leanne Deacon, pictured as a 16-year-old on the Tower Of Terror ride in Florida. She now needs 24-hour care

According to Bautista's family he was in good health and played rugby, basketball and practised martial arts.

A spokesman for Disneyland Paris said the boy had been on three rides at Walt Disney Studios before feeling unwell.

He said: 'When he was accompanied to the care centre, the child could walk.'

In 2009 a British teenager claimed that going on an almost identical Disney ride at the Florida park had caused her to suffer a heart attack.

In 2005, the then 16-year-old Leanne Deacon's heart stopped and she suffered a brain haemorrhage after riding the Disney World-MGM Studios' The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride several times.

Edited by larrygator

Wow, that's terrible, my thoughts go out to that boy and his family.

With that said, how could something like this happen on Tower of Terror? It's hard to believe that everything was perfectly normal and then he got off with a spinal injury. Maybe he was struck with a loose article while riding or something? Or perhaps there was a pre-existing condition that he didn't know about?

P.S. I hate news outlets coverage of amusement ride incidents. They're just bad reporting.

• 1 month later...

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2012-01-10-ligne-de-credit.pdf

Euro Disney S.C.A. (the "Company"), parent company of Euro Disney Associés S.C.A., operator of Disneyland® Paris (together the "Group"), announces that, on January 6, 2012, it has obtained an additional standby revolving credit facility (the "Additional Facility") of € 150 million from The Walt Disney Company. This Additional Facility expires on September 30, 2018 and was advanced in connection with the approval from its lenders to increase the Group’s investments by up to € 250 million. These investments correspond to the annual recurring investment budget for fiscal year 2012 and a multi-year expansion of the Walt Disney Studios® Park, which includes a new attraction. The Additional Facility is separate from the € 100 million existing standby revolving credit facility (the "Existing Facility"), which expires on September 30, 2014 and is still undrawn. The other terms and conditions of the Additional Facility are substantially the same as the Existing Facility.

Although no assurances can be given, the Group believes it has sufficient funds to finance these and other necessary investments and repay its borrowings consistent with the scheduled maturities, based on its existing cash position, liquidity from the Existing Facility and the benefit of certain conditional deferrals permitted under the Group’s existing debt agreements.

So this basically means that Walt Disney Studios Park will be getting a major new addition as a park of a larger financially-backed expansion for the park. Sounds exciting!