TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Forest Thrills (RCT2)

September 8, 1993

Andrew Bennet announced earlier this week that Thrill Gardens Inc. will be building a new park.

Bennet said in an interview, "After the success of Thrill Gardens, we felt that we should expand our markets. Forest Thrills Amusement Park is what we were wanting."

Construction has already begun and will conclude by the end of the year. Opening day is scheduled to be early 1994.

No word yet on a general manager of the park yet.

Rides include:

Eagle Quest: a Vekoma swinging suspended coaster with floorless cars.

Sky Tower: a double deck observation tower

Sky Wheel: an Enterprise ride

Carousel : a classic carousel ride

Laser Tag : a laser tag arena

Rowing Boats : allows guests to row a boat in the lake

Forest Railway : a railroad that circles all of the major rides including Eagle Quest and travels under the path

SCR1.BMP

Turnaround of Forest Railway and Eagle Quest

SCR2.BMP

Laser Tag, Carousel, and the entry to Forest Thrills

SCR3.BMP

Path leading into the entrance

SCR4.BMP

Entrance to Forest Pass

SCR5.BMP

A restaurant, Sky Wheel, and Sky Tower

SCR6.BMP

Forest Railway Station

SCR7.BMP

Overview of Forest Thrills

Edited by simaticable

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far your park is okay. I have a few problems to point out in those pictures though. Well the entrance should have some type of a extending roof on boths ends of the path with the turnstyles. Also you should experiment or make some turnstyles out of cs, because the turnstyles you have have a very bad texture that doesn't fit the games texture. Also I think the rowing boats you have shouldn't go back and fourth becuase it unrealstic. I really like your park though, but if you just make those changes I pointed out it would look much better. Also you should look at my parks I made, you could improve alittle from them. I improved from looking at other people parks.

Happy Thanksgiving!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 24, 1994

A new coaster has been announced for 1995! After a successful first season overseen by Bennet, Thrill Gardens Inc. announced a new coaster for Forest Thrills. Created by Anton Schwarzkoph, who created the American Screamer at Thrill Gardens, Forest Gardens will look to the sky for Jet Screamer, a Jet Star coaster that will race riders around the track at close to 40 mph! Construction of the ride began in mid season and ended last week. Testing has since begun. Jet Screamer is located right behind Sky Wheel and is officially not a part of Forest Pass.

Andrew also announced a new General Manager of Forest Thrills while he continues to run Thrill Gardens and the company. The new manager has been announced as Christopher Edwards. Edwards will consult with Bennet on any decision regarding Forest Thrills and will run daily operations for the park.

Bumper Cars were also added to the park. The track for the boats were removed. The turnstiles were removed and a cover was added to the entrance. Christopher Edwards said that there is a special card that guests receive when they park that allows them to enter the park without using the turnstile. If they don't have a card, then they won't be admitted, and an alarm will go off as an electric field will be activated that will force that guest to stay there. There is a special machine that identifies the card and allows the guest through. Sky Tower received a new cabin that allows for a more private ride. Also, Sky Wheel received a new queue covering.

Rumors are saying that the railroad might close mid season to began construction on the track. Also a new construction zone has begun across the railroad. Rumors are saying that it could mean a new roller coaster or a new area. No plans have been released as of yet.

SCR1.BMP

Bumper Cars, Sky Wheel's new queue, and Sky Tower's new cabin

SCR2.BMP

New entrance cover

SCR3.BMP

Jet Screamer

SCR4.BMP

Constrution area

SCR5.BMP

Overview

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year, TPR! Have a safe, healthy, and happy 2012!

Wow, it's been a while since the last post, and I am very sorry that I couldn't continue this park for a while. Many events have occurred that disabled me from continuing, and now I am able to continue where I left off. I had finals, went to Chicago, had no internet, and now I am stuck in the North Georgia Mountains.

Bad news: Thrill Gardens will be on hiatus because I can't think of any more ideas for the park.

Anyways, on to the first update of Forest Thrills of 2012.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

May 19, 1995

So, where to begin. I redid everything in the park. I changed the layout of Forest Pass to create the area for the new Mining Town.

Mining Town currently holds Forest Mining Co. which is an Arrow Mine Train. Even though a fire caused one of Arrow's creations at Thrill Gardens to be removed, we thought that Arrow had no fault in the fire, so we contacted them for a new creation.

The railroad was removed, but rumors have started that there could be a monorail system or a rail system at the park soon.

The Bumpers Cars received a new building.

We have made a partnership with McDonald's in order to provide fast food to the park.

Turnstiles were added to the entrance of the park.

SCR9.BMP

Overview of new coaster and area. Expansion planned for future seasons.

SCR10.BMP

New Bumper Cars building.

SCR11.BMP

New ride locations

SCR12.BMP

More ride locations

SCR13.BMP

Jet Screamer got new paint on the roof to match the patriotic theme

SCR14.BMP

New entrance between Forest Pass and Mining Town

SCR15.BMP

New overview

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Thrill Gardens will be back within the next few minutes. More details of the resurrection on Thrill Garden's page.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

January 6, 1996

Forest Thrills has announced an expansion to the current Mining Town area. Two new rides have been added to make Mining Town larger. Both are located next to Forest Mining Co. An elevator ride called Mine Lift, and a shaking ride called Minequake will join the coaster as the two new flats to Forest Thrills.

At the top of Mine Lift, shops will be added, so guests could shop and eat with a nice view of the entire park.

Next year's teaser: "It's fast, it's tall, and it will take your breath away! Get ready because you will never know when it will arrive!"

SCR3.BMP

Overview of new rides

SCR4.BMP

Overview of Mining Town

SCR5.BMP

Park overview

The suspended coaster is really bothering me. I'd get rid of the catwalk if you don't have custom supports to put there.. right now you have at least 100 feet of track unsupported.

Also, for the Bumper Car building (which I love BTW) I'd change the front tiles from grass to something else (or put a path there), it seems weird having grass in what's obviously a building.

Overall though I like this park a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

February 18, 1997

Forest Thrills has released something huge for this year. Christopher Edwards reports:

We have introduced a giant to our steadily growing list of rides. This giant is known a Blue Thunder. B&M designed this wonderful ride for Forest Thrills. At a staggering height of 125 feet, Blue Thunder is our tallest and fastest coaster this park has ever seen. B&M also designed and built Dragon Fury at sister park Thrill Gardens. Blue Thunder includes plenty of air time, a loop, a cobra roll, and a double corkscrew. We know that this coaster will be the first thing guests see once they enter the park. Blue Thunder is located behind the midway and is designed to intimidate the best of thrill seekers. This is the tallest coaster at the park, a record held previously held by Eagle Quest. It is also the only ride here that has inversions.

New to the park is a pair of S&S Space Shot and Turbo Drop towers. The Space shot is Power Shot, and the Turbo Drop is called Power Drop. These rides are at a height of 120 feet tall. They are located in front of Blue Thunder.

There is now a path connecting Mining Town and the midway. This means that there are no dead ends in the entire park. A path also surrounds all of Blue Thunder.

New catwalks replaced the ones formerly on the lift hill. These catwalks are also painted to Eagle Quest's color scheme. Supports were also added to the lift.

McDonald's restaurants have been popping up everywhere at the park.

SCR31.BMP

New supports and catwalks

SCR35.BMP

Blue Thunder

SCR32.BMP

Overview of new area

SCR33.BMP

Dodgems

SCR34.BMP

Overview

I'm definitely thinking Arrow as well.

Perhaps you could use a trainer to switch the cars to Arrow cars and leave the layout alone? The layout is great.

I have three options for how to handle Blue Thunder:

A: Change a few things on the first layout

B: Change the trains for the first layout. Note: The station would be extended to accommodate longer trains.

C: Mixture of both

Edit: Added poll for options

SCR36.BMP

Option A

SCR37.BMP

Option B

• 4 weeks later...

I have some very bad news for the park and Thrill Gardens.

Something attacked my computer wiping out all of my files including RCT2 files. Unfortunately, the files for Thrill Gardens and Forest Thrills were deleted as well.

Fortunately, I took enough pictures on both parks that I could remake the rides and coasters in new versions of the parks. It will take me a while, but because of my week off this week, I might be able to get the parks running eventually this week. I will also need time to track down the CS and custom rides that I used.

So sorry for anyone watching this park,

Simaticable

Forest Thrills is back! Many changes join with the reopening of the park. I couldn't recreate the entrance area, but everything else was able to be mostly reproduced.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

June 19, 1998

Welcome to Forest Thrill's fifth birthday! No new roller coasters were added to the ride roster due to the construction of Blue Thunder last year. Instead, plenty of buildings popped up around the park. From restaurants to clinics, the park added many new buildings.

To celebrate the fifth birthday of the park, Forest Railroad was rebuilt. Now it has a very scenic tour of all the places around the park. The train ride also guides riders towards the edges of the park's property boundaries.

Rowing boats were removed from the park for some strange reason. Now Forest Thrills no longer has a water ride. We were told that all that could change in time for the 1999 season.

Two new flats were added to the ride roster. Tilt-A-Whirl and Whirlwind join as our newest rides.

All the themed sections of Forest Mining Co. were removed due to some parents believing that the ride was unsafe for their children.

Now, the biggest investment in Thrill Gardens Inc. history occurred at Forest Thrills. A hotel was added where guests could stay on site if they are here from out of town. Andrew Bennet hopes that the Forest Inn and Suites will bring in plenty of income for both Forest Thrills and the company. If it proves successful, then another hotel could be added to Thrill Gardens.

SCR94.BMP

Eagle Quest soaring as always with the clinic joining in

SCR95.BMP

New pathway configurations

SCR96.BMP

Newish area

SCR97.BMP

New hotel shot

SCR98.BMP

Overview

• 3 weeks later...

January 29, 1999

Andrew Bennet recently held a Q&A Forum in the Forest Inn and Suites about the future of Forest Thrills after the closure of Thrill Gardens.

Q: Thrill Gardens is closed. Why?

A: The answer is simple: our plans for increasing the popularity of the park failed, and the rent was too high for us to continue operating the park.

Q: What will happen to the rides that once occupied Thrill Gardens? Were they sold for scrap?

A: No, the rides are in our storage warehouse waiting to be put into another park.

Q: Will any of the rides be going to Forest Thrills?

A: Maybe

Q: Are you looking to buy any parks that are on sale?

A: Some of our scouts have been looking at some small parks that have room to be expanded?

Q: What is your top priority for Forest Thrills?

A: Guest safety is our top priority.

Q: What have you done to increase guest safety?

A: Fences were added along the edges of the paths and along the edges of the coasters as well.

Q: What will the fences do?

A: Protect the guests from getting hit by any rides and to prohibit them from accessing dangerous areas.

Q: What was your favorite ride from Thrill Gardens?

A: Dragon Fury was the best coaster there with its wonderful smoothness.

Q: Will Dragon Fury go to Forest Thrills?

A: No, I don't need two B&M Stand-ups in one park.

Q: Do you have a favorite ride at Forest Thrills?

A: I love them all equally.

Q: What is the progress on Forest Railroad?

A: Construction is pretty much done.

Q: Will it be open by the beginning of the season?

A: Yes

Q: Will there be any new rides built before the season begins?

A: No

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I knew what you guys are liking or hating about my park. I understand that I'm not the best park builder of RCT2. I don't expect to be. I just want your honest opinions about my park. I spent a lot of time working on this park. The last time anyone commented on this park was back when Blue Thunder debuted. I would think that within the past four posts that someone would be kind enough to post. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I feel like I'm just wasting my time on this park.

Now lets go onto post five in this streak.

February 16, 1999

Construction is running smoothly in time for the 1999 season that starts on April 3. New paint is making its way on to some of the older rides. The coaster trains are returning after a long off season being refurbished. Forest Railroad will open with the rest of the park after a long two years of construction.

The staff are starting to show up to start training for the next year. I have seen the ride ops cycling trains trying to find the groove that fits the right way. I have high hopes that the coasters will have fast dispatches to avoid delay and train stacking.

I can't tell you much more, but I hope the pictures do the talking for me.

Andrew Bennet

Park CEO and Owner

SCR105.BMP

The hotel staff are ready to bring in guests to the Forest Inn and Suites

SCR107.BMP

Eagle Quest is ready to soar!

SCR108.BMP

Trains cycling on Forest Mining Co.

SCR109.BMP

Blue Thunder is making that famous B&M roar for another season

SCR110.BMP

The trains on the Forest Railroad are filled up and ready to run!

SCR111.BMP

Cooks are learning the recipes in the Forest Diner

SCR112.BMP

The nurses are being trained by professionals

SCR115.BMP

Jet Screamer running its trains

SCR113.BMP

Overview of Forest Thrills

Glad to see you were able to re-make it. I still think that Blue Thunder should be an Arrow though.

Thanks! Also, no matter what you say, it will be a B&M as long as I'm the creator of this park.

I think it's a little strange that the Hotel is inside the park. Shouldn't there be a separate gate?

Fixed it. Thanks!

April 8, 1999

Our first few days of the 1999 season have been exceptionally great! Record attendance numbers came in this week. Good thing we spent $2,000,000 on advertising.

Many of our rides are very popular among our guests as we expected it would be. Some of our workers asked guests what they would like to see in the coming years, and we think that you'll be happy with what we have planned.

Some unnecessary supports were removed from Blue Thunder's lift. A separate gate was added so only guests at the hotel can enter and leave. A special offer was also created for guests at the hotel. Anybody that stays at the hotel gets into the park for free.

SCR116.BMP

Tilt-A-Whirl finally got a new color scheme

SCR117.BMP

New hotel entrance

SCR118.BMP

IT'S NOT AN ARROW AJ

SCR119.BMP

Hotel guests

SCR120.BMP

Overview