The Official iPhone Discussion thread

Patent reveals wrap around display
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
That Conceited Jerk

Re: The Official iPhone Discussion thread

Postby Calaway Park » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:17 pm

I got my iPhone 4 on the Canadian launch day, waited 6 hours! :D

No problems with the Antenna here, everything's working perfectly, except my iPhone 3GS suddenly feels like a piece of crap. :b

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:49 am

So now that the 4S has been announced and IOS5 has been released., who is upgrading?

I have a 4 and am pretty sure I'll wait till the next model comes out, I don't see the s as that much of an upgrade.

Postby ernierocker » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Candace is getting the 4s in November, but she had a 3gs before so it will be a decent upgrade for her.

What is everyone's thoughts on the iOS5 update. Besides some problems getting it to upload on my phone, I really like it so far. Favorite features so far is iMessage and the fact that iCloud put all of your past iTunes/App purchases in one easy to find place.

Also, it was pretty cool creating a calendar event and having it immediately show up on my iPhone without syncing.

Postby Moose » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:25 pm

5.0 finally installed after about 8 tries. Thankfully I was prepared for it having seen your Facebook post ;)

I really like the notifications. The hourly weather is nice, but I still will use the weather.com app because of the radar. Besides that I haven't seen much of a change personally. I did not like having to rearrange all my apps but I think that may have been a complication due to just doing a new install of iTunes after wiping my hard drive.

Postby Wes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:41 pm

I like iOS 5, nothing mindblowing but it's cool. My favorite feature is Wifi Sync, it's nice to not have to plug it into the computer to sync new music and stuff. I've been having random issues with me @me email coming through since I upgraded, but I imagine the servers are getting hammered and things will smooth out soon.
I really hope the Jailbreak is released soon, I had gotten used to the awesomeness of the Quick Reply that BiteSMS has, and the default Messages app is lacking in the features that made Bite so great.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:49 pm

I'll probably upgrade to iOS5 this evening, my friends who have had it for a few months/days have been raving about it but I've never been too quick on the uptake (I'm still on Snow Leopard!).

I'm giving the iPhone 4S a miss as I've still got 6 months on my contract so I'll wait another 6 months and get a 4G device.

Dave

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:26 pm

I'll most likely be purchasing a standard iPhone 4 now that the price has gone down. I don't need or particularly want the voice control or the upgraded camera. All I want is an iPhone that can run iCloud well, and the 4 is it.
Check out my portfolio on Carbonmade! January 29 - new update!
I wrote the book about NoLimits. Check it out on Amazon!
Like the Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group on Facebook!

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:23 pm

I might be hopping onto the iPhone bandwagon as well, after finding out that my sister was getting the 4s. I had hopes of her selling her iPhone 4 to me but she has plans on getting a bit more cash than I'd be willing to pay, better off heading to the store and snag one. With this said, I'm going to attempt to get a 4s after work tomorrow (Not going to take the day off just to wait in line for a phone). How successful I will be is another story. If all else fails, I may just stick with the iPhone 4 since I read it has 100 hours more of battery life in standby mode.

Currently, I'm using a Samsung Impression in which now my keys like to stick when typing, writing out sentences that make no sense like "Lets. Goooo to. Great. Aaamerica today." Yes, it drives me nuts! Also, every once in a while I have to reboot my phone as when I send a text, my phone gets stuck in 'limbo' attempting to send it. Should be a nice upgrade. The Impression however does take good pictures for what it is, and can take panoramic photos.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Noting outstanding in the 4s that makes me want to upgrade. My wife said I could and she would take my 4 but I think I'm going to wait a while.
My fundraising page: http://www.tntbob.com

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm not getting an iPhone because I'm not currently a "smart phone person" (although I do think the benefits they offer are pretty extensive). My dad will not be upgrading from the iPhone 4, but he did get iOS5. He likes it fine so far but isn't that fond of the cloud service.

Anyone else intrigued by Siri? I know it's not new but it sounds like it will be more versatile on the 4s.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random