TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Road to Cedar Point Tour Official Report!

I forgot that I was in that visual scan picture! Awesome! A lot of us were doing it on the on-ride cameras so I guess I forgot where and when I did it..

SFGAdv has basically ruined every other SF park for me - based on their operations (they START with 2-3+ trains on rides upon opening), friendly employees, the rides, and, well, El Toro, I've pretty much had a mental block about going back to SFMM. Now that I know that it's possibly to have an amazing day at a 'big corporate park', I guess I'm jaded.

But honestly, the park went out of their way to please us - everything was open on-time, Nitro ERT was beyond incredible with three trains, the backstage tours during lunch were incredible (we basically had no time limit), the lunch was very good (with more beer), and El Toro at night without the lights - it's like the climax to great sex. I'm convinced that it's my favorite SF park, and one of my favorite parks overall.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I absolutely loved our day at SFGAd. They really turned it out for us. Great rides, awesome operations, super friendly staff! El Toro ERT was insanely fun. I have agree with others, it was truly my "best day ever" at a Six Flags park.

This trip really did have an amazing park lineup. Perfect combination of quality and quantity.

I don't think I've even fully processed our day at Great Adventure. One of the best long park days I've had, even though I did eventually fall asleep outside Rolling Thunder.

I didn't realize until after looking at the SFGAV TR how there are WAY to many superhero themed coasters. Am I the only one that thinks that pretty uncreative and cliche? Whats up with that???

Sure, and they need to stop naming things after Disney characters at Disney parks. (sarcasm) Really, does anyone care what the ride is called if it's good? The GP must love it, because of all the things they could have kept, they kept DC, which means people come to the park to ride superhero coasters, and buy superhero merchandise. Which BTW give Disney a minute and they'll be whoring out superheros too.

And if I hadn't mentioned it, the op's at Great Adventure were awesome, everybody there was awesome!

^ I thought Green Lantern was "fine", I mean, I'm not a huge fan of stand-ups to begin with. And it seemed pretty much like Chang did at SFKK. Was one of the better stand-ups, not the best, kind of rough in places, but not terrible. Really, it's just "ok." It's certainly better than GASM!

Edited by robbalvey

Another Road to Cedar Point Tour Update!

TPR Visits the home of Snooki and The Situation - The Jersey Shore! Check out all the cheesy awesomeness that is Wildwood, New Jersey! We also make a "bonus stop" to Clementon Lake. Check out the update here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=128&linkid=10984

And then....

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

Morey's was incredible! Such a great setting, and plenty of attractions - I don't think it gets much better than an amusement park on the ocean.

The Nor' Eastern looks quite smooth in that POV - I'm quite impressed. Even though I had two brutal rides on it (yes, the front is as bad as any other seat), it's quite fun to experience all of the leg choppers.

That was a great trip report, based on the event that it made me laugh, and that it's of a park ON A BEACH!! A taste of heaven is the way I would describe it!

On a side note, is it just me, or did that SLC seem faster than the average? I may indeed be fooled by the visceral sensation produced by the camera being so close to the rails, but if anybody else senses this, I would encourage other members to post something about it so I don't feel like an lonely donkey.

Been working on the Knoebels update... OMG! A hell of a lot of photos to go through! Going to take me a little more time, especially with Deep South Bash this weekend, but here is something to hold you over...

an EPIC video of TPR Awesomeness on Knoebels' Phoenix at night! This was hands down one of the best ERT sessions we've ever had on a TPR Trip! Enjoy....

I've always wondered why more parks didn't have a permanent walk through haunt attraction like this that they could operate on a regular day to day basis then really plus for the Halloween event.

I'm guessing most big parks look at the extra staffing costs and liability issues, etc. and turn up their noses. And that's a bunch of rubbish, say I.

After all the furor over the head scarves at Rye Playland last week, I gotta lol at the Pheonix ERT video. That is spectacular.

Knoebels ( ) + Phoenix + light up/glow crap + pitch black + TPR = probably better than sex with the hottest chick on the planet.

Seriously.. It was beyond insane! Without seatbelts, and with all of the surrounding lights off, it was a pitch black ride where you weren't able to prepare for certain drops/bumps - so you didn't know what was coming or when to hold on - it was OMFG incredible!

Thanks Robb/Elissa and Knoebels for an awesome night.

And once again, thank you Knoebels for being so amazing!