TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Save The Hippos PSA

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sending in my money now! I feel sorry for these hippos and I think they need to join the Happy Hippos in It's a Small World. Plus, instead of a rolling boulder coming at you on Indiana Jones, imagine a giant Hippo rolling at you. I think I would like to see an artist rendering of that!

Jimmy "Hippos need saving, buy a shirt now" Bo

Sorry to say this, but I don't support this cause.

Saving silly animatronic hippos from certain doom doesn't really appeal to me that much. I've already donated too much money to more important causes (like saving a certain Giant Inverted Boomerang from certain doom, allowing a certain wolf-themed stand up coaster to live a few more years in it's home, facilitating the transport of a wooden coaster from a theme park that almost failed to someone's backyard via pickup truck, and protecting prairie dogs from certain death from chocolate floods).

The hippos are being killed off because they are reproducing at a rapid rate of speed, invading the homes of other local species, and generally causing trouble to the people in that area. Once the hippo population has been reduced to safe levels, the hunting will stop.

People don't realize how dangerous hippos really are.

^We are currently considering future plans of expanding the organization to Orlando. OAHCS has a ring to it.

[edit] I personally want to thank everyone who has watched the PSA, forwarded it to a friend, and played along. It's been a great success so far. Keep it up!!! However, I've seen some borderline offensive comments posted about me and the video on other forums from people who didn't get the joke. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone here on this forum for getting the joke and running with it. It's been great fun for me reading all your comments. Thanks again!

I personally want to thank everyone who has watched the PSA, forwarded it to a friend, and played along. It's been a great success so far. Keep it up!!! However, I've seen some borderline offensive comments posted about me and the video on other forums from people who didn't get the joke. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone here on this forum for getting the joke and running with it. It's been great fun for me reading all your comments. Thanks again!

What joke? I thought your cause was for real. You even have a .org website. That means your a non-profit. I expect those animatronic hippos to be saved!

I personally want to thank everyone who has watched the PSA, forwarded it to a friend, and played along. It's been a great success so far. Keep it up!!! However, I've seen some borderline offensive comments posted about me and the video on other forums from people who didn't get the joke. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone here on this forum for getting the joke and running with it. It's been great fun for me reading all your comments. Thanks again!

Sorry to hear that man. Some people just don't understand satire.

The hippos are being killed off because they are reproducing at a rapid rate of speed, invading the homes of other local species, and generally causing trouble to the people in that area. Once the hippo population has been reduced to safe levels, the hunting will stop.

People don't realize how dangerous hippos really are.

The "hunting" (aka brutal slaughter) has been going on for 50+ years now, when will it end? If you believe it's to control the numbers, you've got another thing coming, friend. And there are no regulations for animatronic hippo hunting in those rivers, either. Anyone with a cap gun can go out and shoot any damn hippo they want.

And by the way, there are twenty times more animatronic birds than hippos roaming about. I don't see anyone doing anything about them.

I've seen some borderline offensive comments posted about me and the video on other forums from people who didn't get the joke.

Welcome to my world, Jeremy!

You have haters when you've done something they are jealous of...meaning...congrats on your success!

^We are currently considering future plans of expanding the organization to Orlando. OAHCS has a ring to it.

[edit] I personally want to thank everyone who has watched the PSA, forwarded it to a friend, and played along. It's been a great success so far. Keep it up!!! However, I've seen some borderline offensive comments posted about me and the video on other forums from people who didn't get the joke. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone here on this forum for getting the joke and running with it. It's been great fun for me reading all your comments. Thanks again!

Yeah, I'm a mod on that "other" site, and we all thought it was pretty ridiculous too. Some people take things WAY too seriously.

The ones that matter loved it!!!

Save the hippos! I find it absolutely horrible the living conditions these beautiful creatures have to live in. Being shot at more than Mr. Fiddy Cent on a daily basis! I can't believe that this has not hit any major news networks yet.