TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

As the president of ACE worldwide, I'd like to announce that we are proud to name Deja Vu an ace landmark coaster. We are fully committed to saving deja vu and will soon be creating a website to raise funds to save this piece of roller coaster history.

ACEr!!!!!!!!!

that was a joke, making fun of Acer's as he is posting on the Pave Vu thread

The speculation over which type of pavement they will use is reaching a boiling point. Screamscape has been reporting they will be using asphalt, but I've got my fingers crossed it will be blacktop.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More from the SFMM satus about deja vu...

Wait a minute! I thought the Lex Luthor ride was gonna be on the sides of Superman, not where Deja Vu is, or should I say, where it will no longer be. I've got a ;ew of better ideas. 1.) Make a ride similar to Kingda Ka, but with a loop on it. 2.) Make a Mr. Freeze ride that is just like the one in Texas, but even taller and faster. 3.) You can make a ride faster and bigger than the one in Abu Dhabi, which is called Formula Rossa, and call it THE FLASH, since he's really fast.....hehehehehehe!!!!!!

Great idea's I love the part about King da ka with the loop

STUPID RIDE ROTATION CRAP!!! Sorry, Six Flags Magic Mountain, i know this isn't ur fault. I blame it on Six Flags.

what?!?!?

@ ROGER: Btw, Mann, the development of LEX LUTHOR: DROP OF DOOM has nothing to do with Deja Vu's removal. Deja Vu is being 'rotated' (or STOLEN) to Six Flags New England where it'll operate as 'GOLIATH'.

Guess rotating rides within the same company is called stealing now...

Wait a minute! I thought the Lex Luthor ride was gonna be on the sides of Superman, not where Deja Vu is, or should I say, where it will no longer be. I've got a ;ew of better ideas. 1.) Make a ride similar to Kingda Ka, but with a loop on it. 2.) Make a Mr. Freeze ride that is just like the one in Texas, but even taller and faster. 3.) You can make a ride faster and bigger than the one in Abu Dhabi, which is called Formula Rossa, and call it THE FLASH, since he's really fast.....hehehehehehe!!!!!!

I think he should be a coaster designer!

I think he should be a coaster designer!

I think he should be a test dummy.

From Six Flags Over Georgia's announcement of no new rides, but 6 shows for the 2012 season; and the status teasing said announcement:

No flat rides... No Ferris Wheel, and I agree with Mark what happened to Shake Rattle and Roll? That was just put in, and you tore it back down.

Sixflags has enough coasters they need more family rides and a superhero show,comedy with animals and bugs like be4. I don't like sixflags like I did as a kid. I can't ride anything really and the only rode o can ride with my kids is monster plantation . U guys need a looneytoon adventures ride where

I'd hate to see how her kids turn out...

If the FF favorite is Morts casket sales, I hope the park falls into the river

LIKE IF U LIVE IN GA!!!!

I'm gonna start using that as a comment on all TPR videos on Youtube.

Open one Six Flags in Brazil, pleaseeee!!! Hehe!

Hopefully another hypercoaster

I wonder what this guy did when he found out about Canada's Wonderland...

I hope SFMM gives SFOG Deja Vu than SFNE. We need more roller coasters.

Here's a recent post on SFMM's Facebook page. Looks like they lost a few customers to Knott's.

You guys are SUCH idiots for getting rid of that ride. You know why? Because my friends and I are going to Knott's Berry Farm instead of Six Flags Magic Mountain. Idiots.

And here is the post directly below on the same Facebook page (which is liked by 3 people)

By the way, Knotts SUCKS!!! Get a grip!!!

Another comment down the line from the same Facebook page

this is crap just give the other park the blue prints and let them build one so we can keep ours and they get one and ps lex luther is like a ride you had before called freefall its just building on what u allready have not fooling anyone and just like the redesin of superman dident fool me but ive been going for over 15 years

So Lex Luthor is going to be exactly like Freefall apparently

And another comment even more down the line, a really long one

Moving everything out of the Cyclone area are we? More storage needed for those cobwebs and tumbleweeds eh? 'bout as lame as calling X X2 simply because of the new paint job.... and better seats (thanks to anyone who came up with that brilliant idea). Google it, it's same track that had yellow turned to grey. Why don't they just leave it as is, and do something like re-use a coaster from a closing park, not one that's keeping it's doors open (i.e. Valencia 'cause the "town" doesn't want to close - they make a fortune off tourism, not much else out in Santa Claira and they know that if it wasn't for the park, it be the hotter than hot dustbowl it was before). Drop of Doom is supposed to open next spring on the sides of Superman - it was on the news a couple days ago. They have a ton of land that they're not using, and just packing one coaster on top of the other... I see a bigger accident than the one at Knotts and a lawsuit... or more. As for the rest of the rides, as someone mentioned before, I don't think they'd take out Viper since it's popular, they just repainted it, and it was in more than 2 movies (I.E. Encino Man and Grizwalds Family Vacation: "WallyWorld"), same with Revolution (the one loop wonder was in a - rather pathetic - movie).

I didn't know X and X2 were the same coaster, that paint job and better seats really fooled me. And the 1990 Viper coaster was somehow in the 1980 Vacation movie, and whatever movie Revolution was in was pathetic.

Someone try to find a GP Facebook post that tops this last one, I dare you!

Someone try to find a GP Facebook post that tops this last one, I dare you!

Challenge accepted!

EDIT:

From King's Dominion Facebook page.

Status Update:

For more information about our 2012 attractions, please visit our awesome new website! http://www.kingsdominion.com/

Name of person posting the following comment: Virginia's Roller Coasters

Comment:

How Fast Does it Go and How High Up n Da Air is Da Roller Coaster For 2012? I Love Roller cOaZtErZ!

Shortly after, same person

How Fast Does it Go!? And How High up in Da Air Does it Go?

Another person replies

read the stats

Followed by our Roller Coaster friend replying

What Da Fu*k i Did Read Everything nobody told me Nottin

If that guy is a troll (which I suspect he is), he's a good one.

Also, from the announcement of Dinosaurs Alive status:

Todd:

Get kings dominion…

STOP CHARGING XTRA for attractions inside the park. NOT renewing season pass and going back to bush gardens.

Someone else:

Does anyone find it amuseing that Todd stated he will not be renewing his season pass but his profile pic is of Intimidator 305?

Also, another golden post

a coaster would of been better..intimidator 305 wuz 2 said 2b awesum..however it didnt impress me 1huge drop and sum speed dunt kick it throw in sum huge loops and cork screws might do the trick..but a swing..seriously!!..And u already have 1 attraction gotta pay extra 4 now u bring 1 in thats not even a ride..what happened 2 the admission u pay 2 get in includin everything..games excluded of course

The X Flight Discussion for Great America

Is that the one or like the one that was at Geauga Lake in OH once upon a time? If so, I WILL be there!!! That coaster is one of my faves in the universe!

does it go upside down???

WHO WILL B THE 1ST. 2 RIDE THIS NEW BREATH TAKING LIFE THREATENING RISK TAKING RIDE? + LIVE 2 TELL ABOUT IT?!!!!!!!!

im so ready for another coaster bring it.... and cant wait for fright fest. love u sixflags. fright night is a tradition with my family.. why not make it yours..enjoy its our park... p~eace n l~ove to u 'all

Just hope its not pink and yellow like x is

This ride has been in penn for years

One of my favorites from the Save Deja Vu page...

Save Deja Vu

Save Deja Vu writes:

I am going on Monday to chain myself to the supports! Who's with me?

Some replies:

Caesar:

If your a hot girl I'm in, if your a guy, your on your own.

A few posts then

Caesar:

How are you gonna get a chain past the metal detectors?

Good question, but now I guess Caesar figured out it was not a chick and wrote:

You must be a dude, I'm out. Any hot women wanna chain themselves to something with me, or just chain ourselves together.

And Jordan writes in response to the chain question:

just like how people in jail get contraband past guards. Up it goes in the rectum!

To which Save Deja Vu replies:

Just bring it through! Where in the rules and regulations does it say that chains are not allowed??

Dallas writes:

ok is this a parody or something no one can be this stupid!!

Yes, people are this stupid!

Some other responses to him going to chain himself to the supports...

I will join you but I will be driving the bulldozer!
Then I guess you will be going along with it to SFNE

And my favorite...

Dallas for the win!

Better idea can you please chain yourself to the track

Go steal Millenium force from Cedar Point and put it where deja vu is!

followed by

wait deja vu is going to new england isnt it? Thats not fair they have bizzaro, a trade is in order IMO lol give MM bizzaro in exchange for deja vu

From the SFMM page.

Here's a recent post on SFMM's Facebook page. Looks like they lost a few customers to Knott's.

You guys are SUCH idiots for getting rid of that ride. You know why? Because my friends and I are going to Knott's Berry Farm instead of Six Flags Magic Mountain. Idiots.

"Guys, move the cranes. We got keep Vu a little longer, 4 kids are going to Knotts."

Canada's Wonderland posted

Canada’s Wonderland to unleash Leviathan in 2012! www.leviathan.canadaswonderland.com

The GP reply

IMO, they can now dismantle BEHEMOTH and give it to another Cedar Fair park.

Please no

This is going to be a fail just like Windseeker. Why did they build this? It sucks!

Would be better with loop de loops

Sweet! I am heading to the park rite now to ride this baby!

You are going to be disappointed

One of the compliments we get from parks all the time is (paraphrased) "Thank you for keeping the idiots off TPR - and making the forums legible!"

Seriously, as much as people give us crap for our strict posting rules when it comes to grammar and not posting for posting sake, I really don't want TPR's forums looking like some of these Facebook pages.

I hope you all agree!

--Robb

One of the compliments we get from parks all the time is (paraphrased) "Thank you for keeping the idiots off TPR - and making the forums legible!"

Seriously, as much as people give us crap for our strict posting rules when it comes to grammar and not posting for posting sake, I really don't want TPR's forums looking like some of these Facebook pages.

I hope you all agree!

--Robb

I totally agree. That's why I go on this website because everyone seems well-informed.

From the KI Facebook Page after the announcement yesterday....

KI should have announced something bout the SOB i mean literally at least give it the taxes giant treatment

And a few other posts that make me think of KI fanboys ever so fondly.

Wow... That's sad. Cedar Point as been on a decline for many years, so you bring the trash down here to ruin our park? CBS PLEASE BUY THIS PLACE BACK! THEY ARE RUINING IT!

And then here's my favorite guy!

Words cannot express my extreme disappointment. There goes my 2012 season pass.

Then he proceeds to comment on his own post 3 times saying,

Most overrated/disappointing park in the country.

Flight Deck, Vortex and the Beast's days are numbered and you guys waste time and money on an even more obnoxious water park. Great! I'm surprised you guys didn't fashion one of the slides out of Diamondback as an extra kick in the dick to actual roller coaster enthusiasts or amusement park goers.

You will NEVER come close to Holiday World's water park so why even bother? This is the heightened epitome of ignorance and ignoring the consumer.

At least he's not grammatically incoherent like the rest of them!