TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Who knew the biggest project of the year would all of a sudden be at CW? Seemed to come out of nowhere to me. Im very excited to see the layout and the stats. Also how they can make this different than Behemoth. I knew B&M would not let us down

pic_0726.jpg

Well...huh! And what does Piers have to do with this??!?!

So many jokes, so little class I could show... But either way, a massive erection shall rise in Vaughn, Ontario.

(You're on your own from there.)

I'm actually now very curious as to what spurred B&M to jump into the Giga game- or if it's just a new term for a type of coaster/scale of coaster instead of the terms that Intamin has given out for an over 300 foot coaster. It would seem odd that B&M is only now getting into the 300 footer game- but then again, I rule nothing out when it comes to parks and ride designers.

OMG!!! Was not expecting this at all! I think we're going to be seeing something completely different from both Behemoth and the Intamin Gigas. Not exactly sure what they're going to do, but I'm looking for B&M to really push the envelope, maybe even consider a launch. Cedar Fair is really showing a commitment to CW, which is great for a country without very many coasters. I'm going to need to get back to ride this, as well as get all the other credits that I missed. Extremely excited for this.

This, Hershey and Dollywood. The holy coaster trinity trip 2012. I can't wait!

I think Thursday's announcement is going to be amazing just to see what B&M has up its sleeve for layout and train design. There's still a lot to find out!

I was thinking the exact same thing about Piers. I think there will be a bar up top serving beer before heading down....

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

I feel like having an announcement party!

I'm down for that.

I cannot wait, very excited as well to see what B&M has up their sleeve...this truly has been a roller coaster ride in itself...

First a quote from a credible source, then one from a person who isn't all that respected in the industry (deserved or not I cannot say), and then one from the man himself, Mr Kinzel confirming a record breaking coaster? Wow...this will for sure be a great adventure until opening day. I was curious if I'd be buying a 2012 season pass...this pretty much just sealed the deal for sure.

1day 10hrs 21min remain

I don't think it's a "plain" giga...it wouldn't make sense for the park to just install a bigger version of Behemoth, especially since they only put Behemoth in 3 years ago. I bet there's some other feature, whether it be a launch, wing seats, dive coaster or even just a radically different layout with more twists and turns.

I bet the name is Leviathan...Behemoth and Leviathan are both Biblical creatures, so it would make sense that Leviathan would want to steal CW's thunder from its Biblical brother. Plus it's just an incredibly epic name.

No matter what the ride ends up being, I may have to go north of the border next year

I'm just happy it didn't have a stupid viral marketing campaign. Sorry, but it's much more interesting to see stakes appear, construction begin out of nowhere, and finally track roll on site without any previous hints or official suggestions from the park.....or did I miss those along the line somewhere? Either way, this surprise has actually been somewhat enjoyable thus far.

^ I completely agree!

And yeah, looks like a trip to Canada in 2012 is needed.

I'm wondering if B&M is going to use their slow chain lift like on their hypers, that's going to be a long time to get to the top! One of the reasons I love Intimidator 305 and Millenium Force is for how fast they get to the top!

It's times like this I remember how much I appreciate having family that lives an hour from Vaughn.

(Also, passed the park twice on the 407 today, I can just picture a giant aqua B&M rising above everything else...it'll look so amazing!)

Edited by Ace Of Spades