TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

If anyone can get a look at the manufacturers tag on the track we can possibly see what the coaster is.

X-Works is the code for Wing Coaster. (BTW)

X-works has NOTHING to do with the coaster type as B&M have been using that code at the Ohio plant for the past three seasons now....long before the wingrider prototype opened in Europe.

RE: the "X-Works" code (just something I've picked up working for a company that does a lot of international shipping): that simply means the customer is responsible for picking up the goods at the factory dock; they are responsible for all shipping and transportation. It's used as a shipping designation worldwide. (Sometimes a manufacturer will include shipping and freight as part of the total cost of production, but not in this case.) FYI.

Whatever this ride is though, I'm super-psyched. And I really hope it's called Leviathan. That is a bitchen name.

GC could also refer to General Contractor. That box looks a bit small to hold a coaster seat, but ya never know. Thanks for the other pic since it really helps put the construction site into perspective.

General Contractor Seats doesn't make much sense to me.

One possiblitiy is that the box contains one seat (like a tester) to show off some kind of new seat design.

Edited by chemical_echo

^^^Tallest coaster in Canada is a record it can break.

Oh, and do the eyes that pop up on the home screen look like a dragon? Teasing at a theme complementary to Dragon's Fyre, perhaps?

It could be a Leviathan.

Steve has decreed it and so it shall be!

(Definitely missed the name game before. Oops.)

So does this mean Cf has a gigacoaster monopoly, all they need is one in Knotts now and they will have pretty much blocked SF out of the market, unless SF spends huge sums of money to top their competition which I don't see happening imo.

I guess I should first see if the announcement is infact going to be a giga lol

Edited by Gigalyte

B&M gigga would be interesting.

If it does end up being a giga, it would be quite a bit taller then B&M's previous tallest coaster. Strange for them to make such a leap forward, though I guess for the right amount of money anything's possible.

I think they realize they were becoming "dated" and decided to adjust to the changing of the times. More GP folks are becoming more aware of what theme parks are doing with facebook and know what the offerings are . I personally like the evolution of coasters. From intamins new track design to vekomas new launched lift to the wingwalker design.

I always thought the sheer bulkiness of the trains and track prevented much more height out of a B&M. There has to be a lot of weight/forces just looking at their overall structural designs. I could be wrong and somebody feel free to correct me if they know otherwise but if they were to go to 300+ feet something might have to change to support that weight.

Well if that tag is correct, and I'm going to go ahead and say it is, then my theory from an hour ago is dead in the water.....hello B&M giga

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if there's a pecking order in which B&M has their track delivered, whether it be just load it and go or furthest from the staging area first etc., but that piece on the truck looks to be the slanted brake runs that hold the LIMs. Could that be the rumored launch as well? I would assume they'd use LIMs instead of hydraulics

Edited by harper83087