TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

If it does turn out to be a giga, I'm really interested in seeing what B&M does to make the ride experience different than Behemoth. Because honestly, it would make absolutely no sense to build a giga with nothing but airtime hills when they already have Behemoth.

I've actually heard rumblings that the track length is going to be somewhere in the mid-3000 to mid-4000 foot range (for you that use metrics, that's approx. 1050-1330 meters), so if that's the case, then that means it's probably launched or very low to the ground for most of the circuit. We'll find out in two days regardless, just something to chew on.

^I'm trying to picture B&M go I305, and I just can't even envision it. I'd love to see what they do with a giga to differentiate it from their hypers.

One day, sixteen hours, eighteen minutes, says the countdown!

Oh, and do the eyes that pop up on the home screen look like a dragon? Teasing at a theme complementary to Dragon's Fyre, perhaps?

A B&M giga wouldn't be record-breaking though. There's got to be something else to it...

How so? Giga just refers to it having a height over 300 ft. It doesn't state what the actual height or speed is. Besides the record could be anything from fastest, tallest, to longest MCBR section...

Oh, and do the eyes that pop up on the home screen look like a dragon? Teasing at a theme complementary to Dragon's Fyre, perhaps?

Hmmm, yes - could be dragon or snake. The black cloud that appears in the teaser (after "this is my park now") could be either dragon or snake-shaped....which would also work well for a long, twisting layout.

This new teaser has me EXTREMELY excited. I really don't think they would put a lot of hype into "Canada's tallest/fastest" as the park already has that in Behemoth.

That said, I really don't imagine B&M building a coaster faster than Formula Rossa or taller than Kingda Ka. The only thing I can really think of that B&M would realistically challenge is possibly the length record (either Canada or world).

All will be revealed shortly though...can't wait!

If this turns out to be a giga or something different from B&M and Dollywood gets the wingrider as rumored I may just have to do a long road trip during a week next year and hit Hershey, Canada's Wonderland and Dollywood. It would be a long circle for me but it would be worth it with some extra small parks along the way too

^ Whoa, I never even noticed that...

I was thinking... With Slade talking about the engineering of the new ride and Kinzel talking about records, maybe we can see a 'most inversions' record that includes a new element. It wouldn't be that hard to break the Canadian record at 5 inversions (2 La Ronde coasters tied with Flight Deck). 10 might be a stretch for the world record, but they could go for 8, the most in North America.

^^Leviathan is 100% going to be the name of this ride. I already knew it was going to be used for a giant B&M project in the Cedar Fair chain of parks, and this matches up perfectly with what we've seen.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow, but I'm going to go ahead and say the name is Leviathan.

EDIT: Anyone else notice how far above Windseeker the shadow of the Leviathan is? Could that be a clue as to how high the ride will be on the skyline?

Gah! I'm going to lose my mind! I provide high quality pictures for TPR and CWMania and I get "attitude" from a member from the other site because they thought I posted the pictures here before CWMania... Gah. It's my own home park and the Fanboys are driving me nuts!

Anyways, at least I know all my TPR family appreciate the updates (and most over at the other site too)! Haha. And yes, I know a lot of you love my Canadian Nick stories as well!

The "Haunt booth" has been placed at the front of the park again near the fountains. Terror of London will be the new Haunt this year. I've heard it's going to be just as well done as Blood on the Bayou was last season.

Just a day and a half until the big announcement!

Canadian Nick