TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Wingrider, invert, flyer, floorless, dive or stand-up coaster? Doesn't matter...it's still going to be the best coaster in the park (with the possible exception of Behemoth).

Went to the park Friday evening and did everything we wanted to do at the park (except Windseeker) in about four hours. There just wasn't much I wanted to stand in long lines for after Dragon Fire (only short line I saw for a coaster), Behemoth (45 minutes), Vortex (half hour) and Psyclone (20 minutes).

Half hour+ wait for a boomerang, Togo stand-up, SLC, Volare, wild mouse, a back-lot clone and two crappy wooden coasters? No thanks!

We were originally going to go back to the park today, but didn't bother. Granted, it's a nice park, but their coaster collection just doesn't do it for me. I would trade every coaster they currently have ('cept Behemoth) for just two or three decent coasters.

On the plus side, they do have a great selection of flats and one of the nicer kids areas out of all the parks I have visited!

Two rumors I was reading on CWMania.

Spoke to someone at the park yesterday, they confirmed a few things

1.B&M

2.It WILL tower over Windseeker (Giga)

3.It will go from the employee parking in to the general parking, and areas where supports are placed will be blocked off.

4.They were not sure if it would make it all the way to the front gate

This is a VERY credible source, They told me last year that they were taking ground sample from around the parking lots for a new ride.

Looks like we are seeing B&M's first GIGA!

Many people will not believe this, that is fine, I have no reason not to believe my source.

A source very close to the park has told me this project will "eclipse Behemoth both in height and length" with it being "taller than Windseeker". He also tells me it will "enter the parking lot". He also mentioned to me that it's the start of a long line of projects Cedar Fair has for CW. They're planning on dumping serious money into CW over the next few years and this project is the start of it. A lot of it is infrastructure work. He also hinted at the possibility of the Front Gate being rebuilt in the next 2-3 years (the actual gate, not Intl Street).

Take what you want from this, but only me going on it, I do think he knows what he's talking about. I'm still keeping my expectations low however just in case.

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2051&start=2385

We were originally going to go back to the park today, but didn't bother. Granted, it's a nice park, but their coaster collection just doesn't do it for me. I would trade every coaster they currently have ('cept Behemoth) for just two or three decent coasters.

Behemoth kicks ass, but other than that and probably Vortex, I definitely agree. I am definitely looking forward to whatever the new B&M is.

Two rumors I was reading on CWMania.

Spoke to someone at the park yesterday, they confirmed a few things

1.B&M

2.It WILL tower over Windseeker (Giga)

3.It will go from the employee parking in to the general parking, and areas where supports are placed will be blocked off.

4.They were not sure if it would make it all the way to the front gate

This is a VERY credible source, They told me last year that they were taking ground sample from around the parking lots for a new ride.

Looks like we are seeing B&M's first GIGA!

Many people will not believe this, that is fine, I have no reason not to believe my source.

A source very close to the park has told me this project will "eclipse Behemoth both in height and length" with it being "taller than Windseeker". He also tells me it will "enter the parking lot". He also mentioned to me that it's the start of a long line of projects Cedar Fair has for CW. They're planning on dumping serious money into CW over the next few years and this project is the start of it. A lot of it is infrastructure work. He also hinted at the possibility of the Front Gate being rebuilt in the next 2-3 years (the actual gate, not Intl Street).

Take what you want from this, but only me going on it, I do think he knows what he's talking about. I'm still keeping my expectations low however just in case.

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2051&start=2385

I won't put any money on that, but it sounds like a pretty good source. We'll find out in a few days.

I really think this is a flyer.

Here is a picture of Manta's track for station and pre lift area http://www.floridathrills.net/gallery/09-2f28-2f08-3a-construction/p5181-manta.html

and a picture of one of our track pieces for station area. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/021_33.jpg

All B&M's have that slanted section for the connection between the station & running track,it allows for the addition of the braking components.

I still say this is a floorless since CF never bought into the whole flyer craze like SFI did well over a decade ago.

IF this is going to be B&M's first giga, how is it going to differ from Behemoth? As much as I love B&M and their hypers, each one seems to provide a similar ride, if that makes sense.

That's my line of thought. Unless they do something radically different with this one, wouldn't a giga just be a taller, faster version of Behemoth? I would imagine they will make it a different ride experience, but how much can you differ from the norm on a ride that is 300+ feet tall and would go 90+ MPH? Maybe a giga WingRider?

Not to double post or anything, but this warrants its own post. Back in July, after I found out about Dinosaurs Alive going to CP, I posted that I had also caught wind of a giant project named "Leviathan" being rumored for Carowinds. Here's the post:

The only really big thing was an attraction named "Leviathan" that could possibly be headed for Carowinds, and it would be quite a large attraction. However, neither of us were sure if that would actually happen, considering Intimidator was just built there.

While I didn't specifically state this at the time, the giant project that I had learned about was a "300+ foot B&M." I honestly didn't put too much into it (I still can't believe that they would build something that large, but there's a first time for everything), but it's quite possible that it was meant for Canada's Wonderland and not Carowinds. A Leviathan is a large sea monster, which would make sense with the color scheme. So we'll see if Leviathan turns out to be the name.

If this is a B&M coaster over 300 ft tall I think I might just die...

...fanboy.

..so then you would agree with both teaser statements if this came to be true...

"If I ride only one ride in 2012, this is the one!" - Gary Slade, Editor and Publisher, Amusement Today

"This is the one I have been waiting for!" - Paul Ruben, North American Editor, Park World

..I know I would..

I haven't been following this at all until yesterday and looking back at everything that has been posted I feel the rumors may be accurate. It's obviously a B&M which has been rumored for a while and the picture of the rebar labeled "Giga Coaster Caps" is pretty telling. I'm definitely excited to see if come the 18th we will be seeing the first 300+ foot B&M.

...considering some of the stereotypes like this one still exist ->

...really not surprising the park has had a long period of stagnation. Just glad with Cedar Fair at the helm it seems to be over.

For years we had silly people making the calls for Wonderland, but those days are behind us. A new era for the park has, and continues to dawn.

It would be more than just a little "odd" for them to build a giant non-looping B&M coaster right after they just built a giant, non-looping B&M coaster four years ago. But what do I know...this is the same country where one of their parks just got an SLC after they already had a B&M invert...

"Canada!"

Edited by robbalvey

If the name ends up being Leviathan then Canada's Wonderland will need a flying coaster named Ziz so they can cover the three biblical monsters.

So glad I wasn't the only one thinking this lol.

I am also starting to sway towards the B&M Giga idea... too many rumours and coincidences (Giga caps, etc.). Also, it really is the only thing, to me, that would make sense with the teasers we have been given. If it were any of the other guesses - DM, Flyer, Invert, etc. why would it be "the one he's been waiting for" (haven't a lot of us been hoping and waiting to see if B&M would cross the 300ft threshold?) ... and the only coaster Gary Slade would want to ride in 2012? If it's not B&M's first giga, wouldn't the appropriate comment then be "this is going to be an awesome ride similar to a number of others around the world!!"

I don't know, that's just my opinion. If I was Gary Slade, I wouldn't say something that outrageous for just another typical B&M. Nobody would ever listen to me again lol. But like I said, what do I know? It could be some other cool new B&M and not a Giga. I'm just going to wait it out, I guess