Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Pg. 560 - Skyrider, Togo Standup to close Sept 1st
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
MATT DAMON has nervous tits

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby thecoasterkid » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:18 pm

I've got no idea what this ride is going to be (beyond a new B&M) and I'm not going to bother attempting to guess. All I know is that I can't wait for the announcement!

TPR Canada bash next year?!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Audio111 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it's a medium sized dive coaster. :lmao:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Wingrider, invert, flyer, floorless, dive or stand-up coaster? Doesn't matter...it's still going to be the best coaster in the park (with the possible exception of Behemoth).

Went to the park Friday evening and did everything we wanted to do at the park (except Windseeker) in about four hours. There just wasn't much I wanted to stand in long lines for after Dragon Fire (only short line I saw for a coaster), Behemoth (45 minutes), Vortex (half hour) and Psyclone (20 minutes).

Half hour+ wait for a boomerang, Togo stand-up, SLC, Volare, wild mouse, a back-lot clone and two crappy wooden coasters? No thanks!

We were originally going to go back to the park today, but didn't bother. Granted, it's a nice park, but their coaster collection just doesn't do it for me. I would trade every coaster they currently have ('cept Behemoth) for just two or three decent coasters.

On the plus side, they do have a great selection of flats and one of the nicer kids areas out of all the parks I have visited!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Millenniumfan94 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Two rumors I was reading on CWMania.
Spoke to someone at the park yesterday, they confirmed a few things

1.B&M
2.It WILL tower over Windseeker (Giga)
3.It will go from the employee parking in to the general parking, and areas where supports are placed will be blocked off.
4.They were not sure if it would make it all the way to the front gate

This is a VERY credible source, They told me last year that they were taking ground sample from around the parking lots for a new ride.

Looks like we are seeing B&M's first GIGA!

Many people will not believe this, that is fine, I have no reason not to believe my source.

A source very close to the park has told me this project will "eclipse Behemoth both in height and length" with it being "taller than Windseeker". He also tells me it will "enter the parking lot". He also mentioned to me that it's the start of a long line of projects Cedar Fair has for CW. They're planning on dumping serious money into CW over the next few years and this project is the start of it. A lot of it is infrastructure work. He also hinted at the possibility of the Front Gate being rebuilt in the next 2-3 years (the actual gate, not Intl Street).

Take what you want from this, but only me going on it, I do think he knows what he's talking about. I'm still keeping my expectations low however just in case.

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2051&start=2385

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Philrad71 wrote:
We were originally going to go back to the park today, but didn't bother. Granted, it's a nice park, but their coaster collection just doesn't do it for me. I would trade every coaster they currently have ('cept Behemoth) for just two or three decent coasters.

Behemoth kicks A$$, but other than that and probably Vortex, I definitely agree. I am definitely looking forward to whatever the new B&M is.

Millenniumfan94 wrote:Two rumors I was reading on CWMania.
Spoke to someone at the park yesterday, they confirmed a few things

1.B&M
2.It WILL tower over Windseeker (Giga)
3.It will go from the employee parking in to the general parking, and areas where supports are placed will be blocked off.
4.They were not sure if it would make it all the way to the front gate

This is a VERY credible source, They told me last year that they were taking ground sample from around the parking lots for a new ride.

Looks like we are seeing B&M's first GIGA!

Many people will not believe this, that is fine, I have no reason not to believe my source.

A source very close to the park has told me this project will "eclipse Behemoth both in height and length" with it being "taller than Windseeker". He also tells me it will "enter the parking lot". He also mentioned to me that it's the start of a long line of projects Cedar Fair has for CW. They're planning on dumping serious money into CW over the next few years and this project is the start of it. A lot of it is infrastructure work. He also hinted at the possibility of the Front Gate being rebuilt in the next 2-3 years (the actual gate, not Intl Street).

Take what you want from this, but only me going on it, I do think he knows what he's talking about. I'm still keeping my expectations low however just in case.

http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2051&start=2385

I won't put any money on that, but it sounds like a pretty good source. We'll find out in a few days.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Geauga Dog » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:50 pm

IF this is going to be B&M's first giga, how is it going to differ from Behemoth? As much as I love B&M and their hypers, each one seems to provide a similar ride, if that makes sense.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:55 pm

CedarFair1 wrote:I really think this is a flyer.

Here is a picture of Manta's track for station and pre lift area http://www.floridathrills.net/gallery/09-2f28-2f08-3a-construction/p5181-manta.html

and a picture of one of our track pieces for station area. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/021_33.jpg

All B&M's have that slanted section for the connection between the station & running track,it allows for the addition of the braking components.

I still say this is a floorless since CF never bought into the whole flyer craze like SFI did well over a decade ago.

Neil Peart makes me erect

Postby DiSab » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Geauga Dog wrote:IF this is going to be B&M's first giga, how is it going to differ from Behemoth? As much as I love B&M and their hypers, each one seems to provide a similar ride, if that makes sense.

That's my line of thought. Unless they do something radically different with this one, wouldn't a giga just be a taller, faster version of Behemoth? I would imagine they will make it a different ride experience, but how much can you differ from the norm on a ride that is 300+ feet tall and would go 90+ MPH? Maybe a giga WingRider?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Audio111 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Launched Giga Perhaps?

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby gatorchomp83 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Launched...Giga...?

You guys seem to have forgotten we're talking about B&M here...They seem to be changing a lot of their design philosophies of recent, but I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here, aren't we?
FLORIDA GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007 BASKETBALL FOOTBALL 1996 - 2006 - 2008
Top 5 Wood: 1 Voyage 2 Boulder Dash 3 Phoenix 4 Ravine Flyer II 5 Thunderhead
Top 5 Steel: 1 Intimidator 305 2 Goliath (GA) 3 Bizarro (SFNE) 4 Nitro 5 Kumba
Twitter

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!