TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review in JAPAN! 2011

Mickey Monorail hand-rings?!?!? In my freaking car?!?!?

MUST HAVE!!!

Also: "... the Japanese people are all very polite and orderly. There was no line cutting, no pushing, no rude behaviour..." Again, Japan, I love you.

To echo what others have already said, even without any "drunk Piers" videos, this whole Japan update is the Greatest. Trip Report. Ever.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to Orlando in a few weeks. After seeing Tokyo Disney like this, I wish I could cancel those plans and just go there. It just looks like a better park. And it never looks to crowded. I mean everything just looks better from the rides, to the shows, to the hotels. Don't get me wrong WDW has a magical feeling but Tokyo, after seeing this very great and detailed update. Lets just say I want to book my trip for next summer. When is TPR going back?

why you dont take pov that yellow ride? btw great park!

Really, dude, think before you post. These trips and updates aren't all fun and games--they're also hard work.

Thanks for all that you've done, Robb--the TDS Updates were particularly good.

WOW, this park looks great lots of unique rides and Disney Sea's Tower of Terror has so much detail its amazing. I think they should just like make it an actual hotel how cool would it be to be right next to a ride and stay at the park, now I realize the ride probably wasn't made for a hotel. Great update

Those Mickey hand rings really are the most awesome souvenir ever, and Kidtums is too cute in the Monstes, Inc. shop- she could pass for Boo with the pink dress!

Thanks again for the beautiful pictures of an amazing place!

Whew- glad to see you got some StarPort action after all... and I love the 'retro' flashback to DL/MK's look prior to the retrofits...

Some things really seemed to throw me off, though. Doing some mental calculations of the prices of food- is that they aren't all that bad compared to DL or MK for food prices; perhaps I've simply spent too much time at DL in the past few years to notice.

Also: Was It's a Small World 'politically corrected' as was the DL version? I think that might have been the biggest let-down of finally being able to ride the DL version- as it didn't quite seem like it was Mary Blair's work to it.

Overall: Looking forward to the Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain update... nothing beats a bit of mountain-hopping!

When I went to Tokyo Disneyland last year we saw the baby ducks walking around while people were watching them and I looked at my dad and told him "You know if we were in America somebodys kid would be chasing them". I love how the Japanese people respect the animals and let them roam on their own.

Robb, I kept bothering you to ride Winnie The Pooh a second time for me. Please tell me in the video the second ride through was for me, that would be better than a Bag O' Crap (but I would not turn down the Bag O' Crap). Easily the best dark ride EVER.

I absolutely love Tokyo Disneyland but it really kinda feels like any Disneyland, I wish there was a little more "Japanese" influence there but it still was an amazing experience. Did you guys catch the parade? I am not a parade person, in fact I avoid them like the plague but last year I got caught up in a crowd watching the Halloween parade and was surprised by how good it was. I actually camped out the next day to watch the parade in its entirety.

I'm really enjoying the updates and can't wait for the final one. Thanx for all your hard work.

When is TPR going back?

We usually do some sort of Japan Trip (of course including Tokyo Disney Resort) every other year. So start planning and saving for 2013!

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Is this some sort of tease????? please tell me your serious, please, please, please.

I saw the Duffy display in World of Disney this week and it made me miss Japan. But I still hate him. Can we please replace him with Shiriki instead? Or Chandu?? A tiger cub is way cuter than that dumb bear! Anyway, yeah, Tokyo Disney is amazing and that's all.

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Tokyo_Disneyland/The_Ultimate_TPR_Tokyo_Disneyland_Update/tokyodisneyland_049.jpg

The ride vehicles are VERY different from anything else we've ever seen.

Robb, you might find this piece of concept art from Toy Story Mania Interesting. Very simular design.

Midway_Mania_concept_02.jpg.6cd32193ca445007959b5acff6f75f11.jpg

Concept art for Toy Story Midway Mania! :)

^ Yeah, someone posted that already, and I've seen it before. It still doesn't change what I said, that these ride vehicles are very different. Nothing like them have been used on anything else at any other Disney park that I've seen so far.