Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 997 - Report from Christmas Town
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:44 am

Speaking of "Verbolten," I went over to the park for a bit today to see what's been going on--quite a bit, it would seem (if you're into holes and dirt).
01.jpg
Hmm--didn't notice these yellow booms in the water last week.
02.jpg
"Yes, we apologize for the delay with Mach Tower. Please have some pretzels and beer while you wait."
03.jpg
The old Wolf queue.
04.jpg
Across from the chair swings, we have walls to the left . . .
05.jpg
. . . and walls to the right.
06.jpg
Let's have a look from the bumper-cars queue, shall we? (Nice sign, by the way.)
07.jpg
Hah! I knew that groundhog I spotted last week was up to something! Look at that hole!
08.jpg
My god! That's the largest groundhog mound I've ever seen! He must be a ponderous rodent, indeed.
09.jpg
Looks like they cut a service road through here.
10.jpg
More road (but I think this has always been there).
11.jpg
For all you heavy-equipment fans.
12.jpg
The backside of dirt as seen from the train. I wonder how this is going to affect Howl-o-Scream? This is the old Drachen Fire area, and it's been "HOS Central" for some time.
13.jpg
"Me big truck. Me haul dirt."
14.jpg
Don't forget "Clocktoberfest"--it's coming soon.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:47 am

Ticket sales for this event MUST end on Tuesday. If you are interested in this event, please register NOW: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=139

That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^The rumored name is Verbolten, but nothing is official yet. Verbolten is a play on words, a mixture of "verboten" and "bolt," which would imply that it is launched.

This is what I would bet on. For those who don't know, "Verboten" is a German word meaning "to forbid" or "forbidden"
Last edited by Vekoma Fan Boy on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:22 pm.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Mantaeus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:27 pm

I think the word you're looking for is "verboten", which means forbidden. Forboten isn't a word in German.

EDIT: OP fixed his post, nothing to see here, move along folks.....
Last edited by Mantaeus on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:23 pm.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby kingadam719 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:05 pm

DId anyone else notice that the week before MT was scheduled to have its media day, they added two rectangular-shaped strips going up either side of the entire tower? Was that the reason that MT was originally delayed? If so, someone really overlooked the fact that they were missing a major part... Odd part is that the catch car went up and down the tower prior to the adding of those parts and was perfectly fine. I don't get it, the tower got larger horizontally but no modifications to the catch car or the main car?

That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Mantaeus wrote:I think the word you're looking for is "verboten", which means forbidden. Forboten isn't a word in German.

Fail. Yes, I meant verboten. These kinds of things happen to me frequently in my German class. :lol:

EDIT: Fixed it.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BkkMan13 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:06 pm

I wish I had gotten to ride Big Bad Wolf, oh well...

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Kumbarider1993 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:24 pm

This is funny seeing this, i just saw all the leaked concept art and schmatics on BGEfans yesterday. It looks great to me, although the last drop will be bigger the BBW's it looks like it will follow the exact same profile. and i think it was a great choice of Busch to choose Drachen Fire's site for ths show building. Imagine, it would block views and be very cumbersome if it was up front-so it's better to have it far away.

And since it's back in the old DF site- where busch had problems because it's a crappy location for a coaster (in retrospect to main paths and it's distant location) Busch can use the land for their new ride while still having the entrance in a convienent spot.

Everything about this ride looks great to me, i was expecting Intamin to do this since they were doing Cheetah Hunt as well but I am more than content having the same company that built Jetline, BMRX, and Lisebergbanan working on this. :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby overama » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:21 am

^^ Ummm...I don't think the "show building" will be all the way back on the DF site was. I think it will be more behind the autobahn cars.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:20 am

I just made a little sketch of VerBolten! :)
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!