TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Discovery Isle [RCT2]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the park.

Is that ride a wooden stand up spinning launch coaster with 12 inversions, a height of 500 , with a speed of 1000?

^Duuh.

Actually, is that the inverted hairpin coaster track?

We'll have to wait and see!

Just some new stuff.

Children's Paradise - The new side of Discovery Isle...

Southern Post News: Discovery Isle to put in 200ft tall ride.

Reporters for the Southern Post News visited the new Discovery Isle amusement park, and heard word of a new ride going in soon. Our source is to remain undisclosed but we hear it will be a "B and M" "gigacoaster". Pictures of the shiny B&M track can be seen here.

I don't know.. Seems a little strange to me.

• 1 month later...

Discovery Isle is back! CDI is bringing our loyal fans and followers this special preview of future expansions!

The Seaport: Can you withstand the massive coasters and wild rides that await you?

Sharkbite, B&M's newest generation of floorless coasters.

Barracuda, a compact, twisting ride for the little ones.

Cyan Cove Waterpark: New for Summer 2011

CDI and Discovery Isle would also like to make the expansion plans for the first part of Summer 2011 public.

-Discovery Resorts, several hotels, including the Grand Discovery, which will be at the center of the action, all throughout the park. Accessable by ferry and direct to the park.

-The Seaport: A new area full of thrills, new for Summer 2011

-Cyan Cove Waterpark: New for Summer 2011

-Topsail Island (Kids area) Expansion Phase I

-Boardwalk Expansion Phase I

Enjoy, everyone!

This next update highlights some planned expansions for the nearing Summer 2011 season.

This map outlines areas of planned expansion. Red is for Topsail Island, Blue is the Boardwalk, Grey is a possible future expansion, Yellow is for Cyan Cove's planned size, and Purple outlines the Seaport. (The same key follows for the other pictures.)

The Grand Discovery hotel, under construction.

Detail of the Topsail Island/Boardwalk Expansion:

Cyan Cove's peninsula:

An overview of The Seaport:

I love your parks, they're always have such a wonderful, old-school RCT2 feel to it, but mixed in with well selected CS objects to create an awesome park. Thus upon this, awesome coasters!

Completely agree with this!

Thank you for the nice comments.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Discovery Isle Expansion:

Cyan Cove: 90% (Ready-to-open)

Topsail Island: 0%

Boardwalk: 0%

Seaport: 50% (Ready-to-open)

Grand Discovery: 40% (Under Construction)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Summer Expansion Progress Report:

Cyan Cove: Main plaza complete, waterslides testing, should provide great thrills this summer!

Nessie: A compact GCI near the parking lots.

The Game Corner: One of many arcades planned for the park.

Random flat rides and such: Just because!

So just a few little thinkgs that would make your screens a little better.

First Screen: Use one less rapids after the slide, or just use the Cs for it, it makes it look cleaner (also what are thoose Splash boats slides, makes me curious)

Screen 2: Perfect

Screen 3: Add footers to the GCI, makes it more realistic and just look better, especially on water

Screen 4: nothing I see wrong with it

Screen 5: also very nice

So far I love this park, so creative. Keep it up.

I really like the look of this park! I love the idea of using the flume ride as a waterslide.

My only critique is maybe a bit of foilage or terrain work under that Schwarzkopf (I probably just butchered that name...)

But other then that nitpick great work!

Not to worry, that will be added.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

In other news, Discovery Isle's new areas have been opened, to massive crowds.

The new GCI is already a park favorite.

Meanwhile, all eyes are on Sharkbite, now one of the most popular rides in the park!

Stay tuned, more rides comming soon, along with a hypercoaster, not B&M, Intamin, Arrow or Morgan however!

Interesting...

This park is one of the better island parks I've seen; it's consistant, it's got a great colour scheme, and it has rides that tend to 'fit' to the park itself.

As for your Schwarzkopf- I like it: But I'd make a few changes to it, particularly the lift structure.

Try this: Instead of 'dippling' the track out of the station, place lift/transport sections to the base of the lift- then go up from there. It works just as well as dipping out of the station, and is closer to what He would have wanted with his rides. Then, move the platform to the base of the lift structure (See also: Thriller/Taz/Zonga/whateveritiscallednowthatit'sinmexico or Olympia Looping). Otherwise, it's got the right feel of one of His rides- and I'd like to think He'd be proud of it.

R.D.

Interesting...

This park is one of the better island parks I've seen; it's consistant, it's got a great colour scheme, and it has rides that tend to 'fit' to the park itself.

As for your Schwarzkopf- I like it: But I'd make a few changes to it, particularly the lift structure.

Try this: Instead of 'dippling' the track out of the station, place lift/transport sections to the base of the lift- then go up from there. It works just as well as dipping out of the station, and is closer to what He would have wanted with his rides. Then, move the platform to the base of the lift structure (See also: Thriller/Taz/Zonga/whateveritiscallednowthatit'sinmexico or Olympia Looping). Otherwise, it's got the right feel of one of His rides- and I'd like to think He'd be proud of it.

R.D.

How's this?