Suspended Coasters...will they ever build new ones?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Suspended Coasters...will they ever build new ones?

Postby ChrisFL » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:39 pm

Or have they in the past few years?

I've only been on one...the Big Bad Wolf at BGW, but I thought it was very cool. If they added the open air of an inverted, it would be even better.

Any idea why the building of them was so short-lived?

Eastcoast Management

Postby Justin » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:50 pm

I think it is because Arrow-D went bankrupt and now is S&S Arrow or some sort. I doubt they'd make one similar to that again. But I COULD be wrong. :wink:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:53 pm

I also would love to see these come back! I think they're great family rides and a lot of fun! Plus you can really do a lot with theming and topography!

Elissa "I love Arrow Suspendeds!" Alvey

Eastcoast Management

Postby Justin » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:42 am

It would depend on it's theming and originality. If the idea was already done.. I don't think it would be a hit. It is like if they duplicated BBW.... Nah, that would bomb in another park.

Beer Fueled Coaster Riding Machine

Postby Rugged One » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:14 am

I'd love to see another one as well but it's not going to happen. Ever since B&M perfected the whole inverting while suspended under the track thing, the industry never looked back. Hmm, first inverted coaster, 1992. Last suspended coaster, 1993. Coincidence? I would like to see another retrofit of the trains like Vampire at Chessington. Cedar Point should seriously look at doing this for Iron Dragon. Anything to make that poor coaster a little more exciting.

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:38 am

Last suspened being made in 1994 ;)
http://www.rcdb.com/id1435.htm

I like them but they seem to slow down really fast.... And they take up a lot of room. I have been on TopGun Bing Bad Wolf and IronDragon... BBW is the best.. But even thats not GREAT. I would like to see more made... But I dont think it will happen.

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:56 am

I don't think Big Bad Wolf is the best, that honor goes to Top Gun or Ninja. BBW has a good beginning, but it's totally effed up with a long boring lift leading to ONE BRAKED DROP. The lift totally kills the adrenaline rush.

But, in general, I love suspendeds. One of my favorite genres. I don't think we'll be seeing anymore though.

-kip-

Beer Fueled Coaster Riding Machine

Postby Rugged One » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:57 pm

Canobie Fan wrote:Last suspened being made in 1994 ;)

Ah, I stand corrected. I completely forgot about the Vekoma models. You could argue that new suspended coasters are still being built though. After the intensity of the inverted coasters came on the scene, the more gentle nature of the suspended coasters were toned down even more and evolved into the more family friendly setpoint coasters and batflyers that are still being built today.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:31 pm

Canobie Fan wrote:Last suspened being made in 1994 ;)

Looks like a larger version of Super Saturator at PCar!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coaster Junkie » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:03 pm

I know before Arrow was bought up they were working on some concepts to bring back their suspended coasters. On their website they had pictures of new suspended cars, they looked like Vekoma SLC cars. They also had pictures and videos of new layouts, including ones with inversions.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!