TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Official Australia Trip Update Thread!

Anyway did you have a Pavlova while you were in Australia? Your trip was a waste if you didn't - here's one we just had at work.

They probably didn't as I wasn't there to buy out the bakeries

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the Pavlova was named in tribute to the Russian ballet dancer Anna Pavlova (she must have been hot, but wouldn't be for long after eating too many pavlovas) when she toured Australia and New Zealand in the 1920's. That was the first explanation that came up in google, so it must be true.

Laura, you may not want to pat a tiger if you're in a Sumatran jungle.

We had pavlova at The Australian Outback Steakhouse Spectacular and it was freaking disgusting!!!

Yeah, mass produced ones can be really sugary. You need a home made one. When done right, it's close enough to heaven on a plate!.

What about a meat pie? Anyone give them ago.

I always get strange looks in the states when i mention them.

I did try a chicken-and-mushroom pie from a Pie Face location--it was OK. I thought the Outback Spectacular pavlova was OK, too, but it would've been better without the strange filling (I think it was some sort of kiwi puree). I had pavlova last christmas at my niece's house, and it was quite a bit different.

The Australian Hotel's pepper kangaroo pizza was pretty good.

Edited by cfc

In a postscript to the tour, Sydney's coaster population has exploded six-fold today, albeit carnie death coasters. Here's the line-up:

Fear Tower: carnie Euro-fighter, kept the rescue authorities busy last year.

Taipan: a Galaxy snooze coaster.

Crazy Mouse: spinning mouse, like nobody has ever ridden one of them.

And for the kiddies, credit whores, and NAMBLA; there's a Dragon Wagon and Miner Mike.

http://www.royaleastershow.com.au/carnival/coca-cola-carnival.html

Ah now, please don't sully the good name of the Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter by lumping that godawful heap of junk in the same category. Cool & Fresh was by all accounts diabolical/awful when it operated in this part of the world, but then there's quite a tradition of Europeans shipping their undesirables to Australia...

Well... some of the European rides they have shipped to us I would happily accept... but "Cool n Fresh" is not one of them

We got Hoefnagels Space Roller, HARMS No Limit and several other Euro major's that I am not complaining about... but from the review's i've read of that coaster... SEND IT BACK!!!

Ah now, please don't sully the good name of the Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter by lumping that godawful heap of junk in the same category. Cool & Fresh was by all accounts diabolical/awful when it operated in this part of the world, but then there's quite a tradition of Europeans shipping their undesirables to Australia...

Maybe they should name it "Undesirable Coaster."

• 3 weeks later...